Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'm pretty confident that if there is a 10 game clause, Tom Browne has mixed it up and it simply means that if he does play 10 games, we have to offer him a contract.

Yeah I don't think any player would sign something saying if you play a certain amount of games, we get to keep you no matter what... it would be foolish not to leave the door open for yourself.

If Sier plays well, sure he will, and Beams returns there’s room for both.
Quality is quality in my view.

I’d say this to any player, Sier included.
When a new player enters the team who is at a Beams level, never be scared of them entering the team.
Be happy that they can assist your good play when you’re in together.

The Sier challenge will be to ensure he is stand alone best 22 and can offer play that is compelling that he demands auto selection like Treloar, Beams, Sidebottom etc.

That’s his challenge.

I think he is competing with a few spots whose pool is Sier, Brown, Greenwood, Aish, Thomas, Varcoe, Wills and that ilk. They can’t all fit in. Hence, play well and the position becomes yours.

(Players like Pendlebury, Treloar, Sidebottom, Beams, Adams are certainties all things considered.)

I think it's a bit different for Sier than those other guys, as he hasn't shown the ability to play a role other than inside mid, which is such an important role in any team. He's competing with the stars for a central role in the team. He basically has to offer more than a couple of our stars do as an inside mid - I think he can do it. The other guys you are mentioning (sans Wills) can play the peripheral roles. Has he spent any time at VFL in flanker roles?

I think it's a bit different for Sier than those other guys, as he hasn't shown the ability to play a role other than inside mid, which is such an important role in any team. He's competing with the stars for a central role in the team. He basically has to offer more than a couple of our stars do as an inside mid - I think he can do it. The other guys you are mentioning (sans Wills) can play the peripheral roles. Has he spent any time at VFL in flanker roles?
This is correct on known play we’ve seen.

This makes it harder, but that’s the challenge.
Add strings to his bow and he’ll solidify his spot.

Simple.

This is correct on known play we’ve seen.

This makes it harder, but that’s the challenge.
Add strings to his bow and he’ll solidify his spot.

Simple.
He's a strange one to be viewed as midfield only. Usually the midfield only guys lack pace, because if you are good enough to cut it in the midfield and have Sier's athletic traits, you'd usually be a very good flanker

He's a strange one to be viewed as midfield only. Usually the midfield only guys lack pace, because if you are good enough to cut it in the midfield and have Sier's athletic traits, you'd usually be a very good flanker
Maybe given the opportunity and looking for that improvement he will show he can be strong in an extra few positions.

Maybe even as another weapon forward or a powerful back of centre type. Be an interesting watch.

And when Beams does come back, can they play them both in the same team?, Or will Sier be pushed out again?

Easily.

When we finally get a best 22 on the park (lets not forget Adams) he will have to fight for his spot like everybody else. Fair chance that Varcoe Thomas Brown and Aish are his biggest competition.

Beams is unlikely to be back this year anyway so its a moot question

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No guarantees and still a long long way to go but the comparison between him and a young Josh Kennedy (Swans) is an obvious one to be made.

Let's hope he can bear hug this opportunity, stay healthy and build on the potential he displayed last season.

Big welcome back to the bear.

As disappointing as it is for some of us that it took a few months for him to get back, let's hope he's learnt something from it and will hopefully be better for it in the long run.

Could be good off the back of the square.

The 6-6-6 rule negates the "off the back of the square" player given a defender now has an extra few meters to travel to get to a centre square contest and they also need to remain accountable for an opponent.

Big welcome back to the bear.

As disappointing as it is for some of us that it took a few months for him to get back, let's hope he's learnt something from it and will hopefully be better for it in the long run.

Any truth to the rumour the he thought the BF sponsorship was only enough for 1/2 a season so he decided to make it the business end?

Game-high 4 tackles in the first quarter, 5 possessions and what should have been a goal assist had Stepho brought his kicking boots today.

How he wasn’t rewarded for a brutish tackle....

Must have had 4 or so tackles plus 5 possessions.

Very good start.

A real brute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back