McGovern reported

Remove this Banner Ad

I already compared them - the reason for the difference in gradings was the result. Guelfi went off the ground (and hospital for checks) AND reported neck soreness which caused the grading to be high instead of body and medium instead of low impact. Pretty clear - he chose to push him into a fence - he takes the responsibility for the end result. This could have been avoided if he did not make the secondary pushing action OR tackled him instead.

So a 196cm 100kg chb bumps a lighter opponent shoulder under shoulder with pace and that didnt propel the player into the fence?

It was this so called second pushing action that pushed him towards the fence?

What exactly was the time difference between the shoulder impact on body and this secondary action you keep bleeting about?

You run through and bump a player they go flying. Your arms follow through after the shoukder impact. Thats physics and football. Especially big elite players bumping smaller players.

You read like you've never played or layed a decent bump in your life.

And whats your motive to grinding this axe? You seem very focused standing on your soap box waving your pitch fork around.

I'm fine, you need to lay off the pipe it seems. You know you can quote multiple messages in one post rather than abusing various posters over a whole forum page, right? Also, reported for trying to avoid swear filters :)

Your sick post was deleted by the mods I see.

The one I wasnt impressed with.

Why was that do you think?

Like I said you need help, go get some.

Just typical VFL ********.

Delayed, mild concussion that won't possibly keep Guelfi out next week but somehow makes a medium impact grading justified for rubbing out the Interstate player.

Just keep making up the rules as you go along. It just makes our flags all that much sweeter.
Lol turn it up

I've played competitive sport, both football and rugby, and I know you don't need that much force to push someone over the boundary line in that situation.

You see numerous players pushed over the boundary line but they don't get looked at by the MRP because there wasn't excessive force used like McGovern.

Players should be aware of a duty of care for their opponents which is why things like spear or sling tackles are illegal as they don't show a duty of care.

There is a difference between pushing someone in the middle of the field to pushing them near a fence, just like there's a difference between pushing someone in the middle of a field and pushing them near a cliff, one is dangerous and the other isn't.

The person pushing them should be aware of any potential dangers when pushing someone, it's not like the fence or the security guard sitting in his chair appeared out of thin air, McGovern should have been aware of them.
Really? Give me a break! All players are concerned with is to play the game - I'm sure every player looks around before a game to observe what you are insinuating - nir🙄 Incredible comment without much thought!

Player wasn't injured.

If someone hurt = suspension, if no one hurt = fine.
In other words - Rafferty's rules! It should be the deed that is what players get suspended for - not the outcome. s**t happens sometimes and injuries occur as sometimes difficult to pull up once committed. If it wasn't high then the maximum it should be is a fine. One has to ask the question if the security guard had not been sitting there in the chair which is what caused the impact, then possibly we wouldn't even be talking about this. Stupid place for a Guard to be sitting in any event, so close to the play and all. The AFL need to address this pronto.

I'm surprised how salty West Coast fans are in here. They should be thankful its only 1 week. Potential to cause serious damage and careless was a generous interpretation. Its highly likely that Guelfi won't play next week because of that incident.
I knew they had a big supporter base but didn't realise they were this salty - impossible for them to see/admit that he pushed the bloke into the fence lol..

Christian said early that the low/medium/high/severe was determined by whether the player leaves the ground, is assisted by trainers, is taken out of the game, needs medical work done or surgery etc.

So he would have seen him go head first into the fence then later ruled out and sent to hospital.
As Woosha said in his post game interview he only went to hospital to have tests to make sure he was ok to fly the following day. Said had it been in Melbourne that he wouldn't have been sent to hospital but just would have had tests the next day. The fact he went to hospital was done purely because of having to get on a flight.

It's ok, McGovern gets a week but his twin comes back next week anyway in Barrass so he'll just play the same as Gov does anyway.

Oh would you look at that. West Coast supporters AGAIN proven wrong.. It just doesn't stop lol...

i6BOxM7.jpg
Coming from a Geelong supporter wouldn't expect anything else! One set of rules for Geelong players who are up on report and another set of rules for anybody else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your sick post was deleted by the mods I see.

The one I wasnt impressed with.

Why was that do you think?

Like I said you need help, go get some.

Let’s backtrack to what started this, which was you getting wound up by me mentioning he had concussion. Essendon officials have since confirmed he had concussion.

You have a go at other people for having different opinions to yourself, I think you may be the one that needs help.

As for the deleted post, shows just how bad of a job the mods do around here & why I hate coming anywhere near the main board these days. Seen much worse & they don’t care.

Anyway, enjoy your weekend & keep on topic :thumbsu:

If he did it at the goals and put a player into the goal post head first he would get banned too.

A shove around the ground isn't the same as a shove over the boundary.

You mean just like Hodge did in 2015 when he bumped a player and smashed his head into the goal post and got nothing? Zero. Zip. Nadda!

Week before finals so totally predictable that it was ignorred by the MRP.

What is just plain dumb is the Tribunal refuses precident to be used as a defense or as a guide for themselves.. The Frawely hit on Cameron was worse than this as both players were well outside the field of play and nowhere near in play and he got a fine after smashing Cameron into the fence.

Its called chook lotto for a reason. As consistent as dog ****

Having now watched the other vision on the AFL site showing all camera angles, I have changed my mind.
First views didnt show head v fence....second ones do.
One week is fair.

Do they show head high impact into the fence? I couldn’t see it. Be interesting if anyone could provide a screenshot that shows the high contact.

I thought it was quite obvious.

West Coast fans saying it is unfair that bellchambers got off after intentially hitting a guy in the head.

That is probably true but don't act like McGovern didn't intentially ram a guy into a fence.

Did he expect Guelfi to get that badly hurt, probably not. Just playing on the edge and trying to rough him up alittle. Unfortauntely he did hurt Draco badly though so he is paying the price.

I knew they had a big supporter base but didn't realise they were this salty - impossible for them to see/admit that he pushed the bloke into the fence lol..
The real question is why a Geelong supporter is so passionate about ensuring McGovern gets a one week suspension. You have made what seems like half the posts in here.

The real question is why a Geelong supporter is so passionate about ensuring McGovern gets a one week suspension. You have made what seems like half the posts in here.
Just don't like people making s**t up. Also don't like seeing players pushing into fences when they are already over the boundary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back