Autopsy Pathetic - HFC v CFC, Rd 16, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally you get it injuries - matter and the VFL team Rich had on the field for most of the season could not have demolished CG they way last nights team did.
Now do you understand my point ? - I won’t stoop to the level of adding a red faced emoji.
Oh my, you're being serious about the Richmond example - despite the fact Williamstown would have beaten the Gold Coast this weekend :drunk: :tearsofjoy:

You'd be the type to argue the sky is red if it suited your agenda.

Its ok to be pragmatic. Do not fear it.

Club can’t be accountable for hamstring injuries and mental illness- which is the basis on you saying we overpayed.
When Treloar was flying last year no one questioned the trade.

What guarantee do you have that passing on both Treloar and Beams and using picks on other players would have resulted in a better outcome with regard to injuries?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing
You have to be on the Board or something, I've never seen you express a nuanced opinion, or state something that wasn't said like you were running the propaganda department @ the CFC.

Not really we played poorly and they had dominancy in general play.
Had they kicked accurately we lose by 6 goals plus.

Doggies beating the Cats simply highlights that any team can be competitive. We withstood them, Cats couldn't.

Doggies beating the Cats simply highlights that any team can be competitive. We withstood them, Cats couldn't.

Dogs just aren't as bad as people thought. Doesn't really point to anything re us and our formline though.
As the way we played vs them is different to Cats, who were their equals and better for much of the game till last quarter. Dogs hung with them for 3 qtrs and Geelong faltered in the last.

Where as dogs looked the better side vs us for much of it and only wayward kicking allowed us to pinch a win.

But yes history is littered with isolated games where bottom sides have upset top teams. Not sure why that is relevant to us?
Do you feel we have a had a poor game rather then multiple poor games?

Are we a write off for the year? No I don't think so but we need a major improvement in a fair few areas to be considered a real flag threat.

Oh my, you're being serious about the Richmond example - despite the fact Williamstown would have beaten the Gold Coast this weekend :drunk: :tearsofjoy:

Richmond VFL Team could of Beaten the Suns

The sky does take on a shade of apocalyptic red when one visits the gameday thread when we're getting beaten.

My initial considerations were to include Howe among the 3 as he is a very important player for us.

If I could only have 3 back for this year I'd take a fully fit Langdon over Howe, and I understand that this puts me in a very small minority. I base that on how Langdon was playing before his injury and his contribution in the finals in 2018, as well as Howe's form in 2019.
FWIW as someone who isn’t Langdon’s biggest fan I’d take him over Howe this year as well.

You’re now struggling to make a sensible and unemotional replies.
So we’ll leave it there - clearly Rich are coming now that their injury woes are over.

You have to be on the Board or something, I've never seen you express a nuanced opinion, or state something that wasn't said like you were running the propaganda department @ the CFC.

Maybe you should offer your crystal ball to the club so they can ensure faultless selections.

Keep up with the personal attacks it just reassures me you have nothing left in terms of sensible replies to my posts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’ll beat both the Giants and Tigers
I too am far more confident about those to games and that's why I'm not prepared just yet to write this year off.
Even a close loss to the Eagles would prove that we've got what I takes and are heading in the right direction. The fire burning our backside from three losses might just be enough to "switch on" to finals mode.

Everyone else is coming too, if I was Geelong I'd be very worried about the Weagles with Nic Nat back

Many fans are expecting Buckley to give them a big hug and tell them that everything is going to be alright ...

... but what would be the point if that? It’s our football that ultimately needs to do the talking - and it’s good that Buckley generally lets our footy speak for itself.

And our current footy is saying what exactly?

And after one game for the whole season that we played to our strengths, what gives you confidence that we'll find our form from last year required to challenge?
We had the same conversation last year, in which you could see no hope.
I believe our form will turn because this playing group has too much quality to drop away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back