Autopsy Rd 17 Surging Blues beat Swans on their own turf

Who played well against the Swans in Round 17?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure they'd do that seeing as though the top 8 have a bye before the finals
True, but with Selwood, Ablett and Dangerfield all carrying niggles at the moment and playing with some duress and Hawkins also down recently (his back again??) giving some of these players an extended rest to really freshen up (also not risk losing them) might be on the cards.

Why would some supposedly Carlton supporters only come here to bag the club and players only when we lose is mind boggling..
It's trolling surely and should have their accounts suspended..
There's a couple who are just plain negative people which is ok, but the ones who do it for a reaction need a talking to.

Just watching a replay

Cripps, Setterfield, Jack and hopefully Bam Bam.... our midfield is going one bloody powerful unit
Setterfield getting better by the week.

There's a couple who are just plain negative people which is ok, but the ones who do it for a reaction need a talking to.

Or a dose of Chippies 4b2

There's no doubt we're playing like a completely different team now.

Teague deserves credit and should be right up there for the main role if we keep performing like we have since he's taken over.

To all those that swore black and blue that Bolts had no chance with our squad, it's quite clear now that he did...

If we didn't get rid of him we would've most likely got another wooden spoon. Great move by the club. These wins if anything will instill an enormous amount of belief in the playing group and supporters.

First game I gone interstate to watch for a few years. Great day out, SCG is a great spot to play games in Sydney.
Nice sunny day to get away from Melbourne cold although it was blustery there so once out of sunshine was not so warm but still nice to get some sun yesterday and enjoy the win on the road.

One thing that stood out to me that not seen this season before was we really seemed to run well and dangerously between the arcs. Most dangerous we have looked moving ball for some time and our midfield set up is the best it has been all season.

Cripps, Ed Curnow and Murphy doing bulk of the onball division and very well supported by Walsh and Fisher in the dangerous movement they created as a group. We actually did not make the most of their great work but will in time is my read of it. Swans were lucky to still be in striking distance. Simmo saved the day at one point when thought we had some danger in a turn over.

Also liked Lang's contribution more this week as a high half forward. Mainly last quarter he gets some credit from me. Not seen any video of game as only seen live at ground but fairly sure he created the turnover that lead to Harry getting an easy goal that was virtually the sealer for us. I still saw some negative in some youngsters with lapse in concentration like Dow at times, but all in all very happy with progress going forwards as a group.

The cohesion that was always the challenge at start of season is really starting to come in the last month due to guys playing more and more together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had SPS off half back in my pre season best 22.

I think its a good fit for him. Having good kicks off half back make the game so much easier.

Between Doc, SPS, Stocker and Newman our disposal out of HB will be brilliant. Weitering is a beautiful safe kick too.

The side is coming together. Just need to target a few of the right players this off season and we will rocket up the ladder next year
SPS at half back while doc and williamson are out is a good move.

my concern is he doesn't have a huge leg on him which can limit his kicking range a bit. that sharp 30m pass that he's so great at is much more damaging hitting up targets inside 50 than across half back.

I loved and believed in Bolts ... the last 5 weeks have proved to me I was wrong. Good bloke but not a senior coach ... sorry Bolts sad but true

IMHO Bolts was what we needed at the time.

He probably would have been wise to use Teague as match day manager instead of being so stubborn.

I.e. in same way Hardwick used Caracella. Takes guts to admit you don’t have all the answers though.

Also just watching the replay. Worth noting how good the commentary was yesterday, really positive and genuinely talked footy and tactics.

- Gibbons and Fisher were everywhere. Gibbons is just such a natural footballer, so glad we have him.
- Setterfield is getting cleaner every week, his first touch is incredible.
- Kennedy’s touch is also strong better, his outlet handball in the third quarter showed how good he can be.

There's no doubt we're playing like a completely different team now.

Teague deserves credit and should be right up there for the main role if we keep performing like we have since he's taken over.

To all those that swore black and blue that Bolts had no chance with our squad, it's quite clear now that he did...

If we didn't get rid of him we would've most likely got another wooden spoon. Great move by the club. These wins if anything will instill an enormous amount of belief in the playing group and supporters.

You mean like other coaches such as Thompson, Hardwick, Buckley where their clubs backed them, while many were calling for heads to roll?

When will people understand that coaches play such a minimal role, when talent players mature and a team rises base on natural ability

Not sure if already mentioned/discussed but Kennedy seems to be moving around a lot better...he actually looks fit...previously he was jogging around like he was under a tonne of weight...now he has a spring in his steps
I do like Kennedy up forward. Seems to be a good kick for goal. That's what we need in the forward half. Strong bodied. What I like about our forwards at the moment is they are getting hit up at times with some great passes but they are holding the ball in at stoppages in the forward half. Jack started the trend and Kennedy is more than cut out for that role. Some games its hard enough getting it down there. A feature of our games earlier in the year was when we did venture forward it came out pretty quickly and sometimes coast to coast for our opponents. We still have some work to do on that. Happened on occasion against Sydney yesterday.

Loving the hardness of Kennedy and that smile. Next year he will star.
What I'm really liking about Kennedy's form is that all six players that were drafted in 2015 in Weitering, McKay, Curnow, Cuningham, Silvagni and Kennedy have matured and are holding their own at AFL level. That's over a quarter of a team capable of playing seniors from one draft.
Next year it'll be the 2016 guys (SPS, Fisher, Setterfield etc) doing the same. Rebuilds take time but this one is going well.

What I'm really liking about Kennedy's form is that all six players that were drafted in 2015 in Weitering, McKay, Curnow, Cuningham, Silvagni and Kennedy have matured and are holding their own at AFL level. That's over a quarter of a team capable of playing seniors from one draft.
Next year it'll be the 2016 guys (SPS, Fisher, Setterfield etc) doing the same. Rebuilds take time but this one is going well.

Williamson? Please Williamson.
Would like to see Macreadie clock his rating up to what he's capable of.

Back