Review Round 17, 2019 - Port Adelaide vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Port?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it is really important for guys like Keays and Walker when they get these opportunities to have success as part of the team. It really infects the rest of the players in the club when they likely step back to NEAFL but are driven to get back up again and also driving that expectation in their NEAFL teammates. It is often the case that a club will be finalists in both firsts and reserves in the same year. High standards spread through a club.

Likewise Lester and Christensen who have spent time in NEAFL this year.
We appear to have genuine depth - critical. HughMc out, Berry stands up. Coaching triumph.

We got out of Adelaide Oval alive!!!!!

They were foolish to focus on Neale and let the rest of the team go. If they'd been smart they might've stood a chance.

Good to hear from you Kezz

Reports of your demise have been grossly exaggerated.;)

And suck shizzen Kenny ............and your stupid dirty sniping tactics on Lachie.

How did that work out for you Port Thug-elaide?

Is it selfish of me to be slightly disappointed our second half was fairly low scoring? Although it almost felt like we switched into a defensive training drill rather than focusing on piling on the percentage.
I was a little bit disappointed myself,
But then when I thought about it?
Chris Fagan is not all about the now and always has an eye on the future and that was a training exercise in closing out games I reckon and atleast they still won the last quarter!
I fact they won every quarter!

This vision is gonna get some serious replaying. On the whole I'm really pleased at we handled the Neale targetting. We blocked for him, flew the flag when we had to with the occasional free given up but ultimately played the ball and we did that so well whilst they were all focused on belting him up that we banged on what became an insurmountable lead.

This vision is gonna get some serious replaying. On the whole I'm really pleased at we handled the Neale targetting. We blocked for him, flew the flag when we had to with the occasional free given up but ultimately played the ball and we did that so well whilst they were all focused on belting him up that we banged on what became an insurmountable lead.
I agree. Was worried about how far Robbo would take it in retaliation. Neale sounded genuinely disappointed in his friend post game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously how good was that first ten minutes, honestly couldn’t believe what I was watching
Top 2 is on the cards here!
Yep I said it last week we are better than the pies at the momement , not the pies that thrashed us but the pies now.
I was wron….. wronnn…. wrong .
We would make their team look like the bogan pretenders that they are.
3 games at home to come , can't wait for next Saturday.
Special mention for Robbos elegant request for a dance with that young gentleman .
ha ha . Lov ya Mitch

From Fages press conference; Clug pulled up sore after Thursday’s training, is a chance but won’t be risked. Hipwood also a chance. Hodge was rested which was the plan all along.

Two very mature performances back to back against dangerous sides, we're genuinely the real deal. Our pre bye wins were great but I wasn't sure we had what it took to compete at finals time. No such doubt now, we're a lot more controlled with the ball and have cut out most of the ill discipline.
I agree. Was worried about how far Robbo would take it in retaliation. Neale sounded genuinely disappointed in his friend post game.
I think Sutcliffe was just doing what he was told, you don't get many chances to re-start your afl career as a previously de-listed average half back. That coaching was very Lyon-lite though, even Ross knew Sutcliffe was an average half back and nothing else.

Loving the ability to get out on a lead then shut the game down. Awesome to watch, better that relying on “bursts of brilliance”... but can’t wait until both happen regularly in the same game!

Back