Review Review Port v Richmond - Rd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Take a look at our mediocrity (ladder finishes)

View attachment 712023

How many more years do we put up with this? We have an ordinary coach, an ordinary list and perpetually 3 years away from a premiership window for over a decade

Ungrateful!

When Hinkley arrived Port were the only club to ever have a down period.

And he single-handedly prevented us from being relocated to Tasmania.

(Am I doing this right, Rooch?)

Sloppy skills, out numbered at nearly every contest, players unable to execute.

Something has to give. They club will have to be forced to do something when no one starts rocking up.

at-times-like-this-guess-all-you-can-do-is-40074391.png

We werent bad. Richmond was just better.

Our game style is completely faulty.
And that’s down to one man, a man who in the pre game interview said it would be stupid to change a game plan!

Last edited:
Was at the game. Understood what the players were trying to execute, but our skills are below par, we don’t run and spread and our continued desire to not play any kind of forward structure means we are not going to kick goals. A couple of players that need to go and not ever play AFL again. Motlop, SGray, Sutcliffe to start with. Playing Howard forward meant we were short against Lynch and Riewoldt. I’m not even angry honestly, under hinkley, Voss and Bassett we are going Know where.

Yeah that's what we were thinking in the half we watched. It was like a four goal loss was the pass mark, we just went to custard when closer than that. We are the very definition of mediocrity.

I left near the end of the third. It actually looked like we were playing to minimize the size of the loss from the start of the game? The forward structure was so limp. The players had no intent or movement. We're just playing out time.

oh and if it wasn't obvious before this game, how on earth did Duursma get dropped.

What if I told you that he didn't get dropped?

Or maybe he did.

But maybe not.

But let's be clear, he didn't earn his spot this week.

But he did need a rest.

But I'm not a resting coach.

Except when I am.

Or am I.

KILL ME PORTS BOARD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From those out there today

Close to retirement
rockcliff, boak, westhoff, broadbent, Gray

try hard but just not at AFL standard
sammy, jonas, bonner, sutcliff

soft utensils
motlop

those not playing but major question marks for a variety of reasons
Ryder, Ebert, McKenzie, Wines, Trengove, Farrell, Garner, Atley, Drew, Johnson, Mayes, Liernert

We could dig a new low if Ken stays

Ungrateful!

When Hinkley arrived Port were the only club to ever have a down period.

And he single-handedly prevented us from being relocated to Tasmania.

(Am I doing this right, Rooch?)

When Hinkley arrived, he took over a club which hadn't won a final for five years. And look at how much we've improved since then!

SACK HIIIIIIIIMMMMMM

This sums up the Hinkley era and worst bit of play for the game.

Motlop running into an open goal on an angle. Instead of Westhoff working to create more space and option, stands there waving and demonstrating because he hasn’t been passed the ball. Motlop then tries to pass to flat footed Westhoff and instead kicks to Richmond.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back