Bluemour Discussion Thread XVII - Coniglio means Rabbit in Italian!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think Macreadie has any currency. Late pick that has at best shown glimpses. Clearly young for a tall, so might be worth just keeping him to see if we can get him to develop into a player.

Its nice in theory but at some point you have to get rid of these players. Its just not possible to keep them all to see what they may turn out like.

I know hes a pest, but if Cogs does end up re signing id love to think that Toby Green was the other 'big name player' alluded to. 35 touch 8 clearance 1 goal mid when hes had to cover there and he can shift forward and turn a game on its head when hes playing deep.

I just feel like Harry and him would be great mates talking trash non stop and we'd have our official rolls royce replacement for Jed Lamb for Hawks games. Obviously probably miss him 1 or 2 games per year through suspension but like Mitch Robbo those guys who have a bit of white line fever are just real team lifters when they are up and about, also he's seemingly matured the last couple of years from all reports. Would be great for transitioning players for us too as he plays similar to Lachie Neale in the guts as more of a ball winning distributor and once Dow, Walsh, SPS, Setters all come through he could spend more time forward, it would be like having Robbie Gray in a team that could actually cover the position he's not playing each game.

Only big issue is he's already on a long contract around a mil a year, so other than clearing up space for future and coming back to VIC theres really no reason he'd leave, also happens to be best mates with Cogs up at GWS. But I can still dream of a day where an oppo team is getting stuck into Crippa and Toby comes in and lays one of them out flat and goes and bags 4 on Sicily versus the hawks, always had a soft spot for Lamb and his antics.

I’d love him, but Greene is duly committed to the Giants and loves it there, has signed long term and has spoke about wishing Cogs and Kelly stay, a lot would have to change to get him out.

If Smith doesn't like Clarko and wants out, he's sure taken his time about it. If he does go, no doubt will have plenty of suitors.

Paraphrasing my source, Smith thinks Clarke is a great coach, but it’s on a personal level he doesn’t like him at all. Maybe Smith with his friends moving on has got to a point where he can’t stand it or is over it, I’m not too sure.

Being in contention for finals and grand finals sure helps you look past these things and it seems he thought he was going to be captain (my opinion)

John Ralph on Fox at half time in the Eagles Crows game - 'Ratten prepares to meet the Carlton selection meeting in a couple of interviews this week' Earlier in the commentary they pretty much said Ratten had to be coaching St Kilda next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It can change...look at the reversal of Brisbane, a basket case not long ago, where no one wanted to go to or stay.

They’ll need to sprinkle some of that magic with drafting, medical, off/on-field development and an environment that is enjoyable & demanding to be in (sell the climate and the non-fishbowl effect). In saying that, there will have to be AFL intervention to help them out in the interim to stop the bleeding.

We can’t turn it around the same way Brisbane have because we don’t have a home ground. Docklands is more or less an interstate trip for us. St best it’s a neutral ground. We rarely get wins there. That just leaves the MCG where we play our best footy.

The Dogs are the only Docklands tenant to win a flag and that’s a damning stat. Docklands is an albatross around the neck of every team who plays there. It gives us no advantage whatsoever. Look at Geelong. Look at Hawthorn with Launceston. Look at the Eagles. Hell, even Richmond, Collingwood, and Melbourne get an advantage playing at the MCG. We get nothing.

How much would we give to start on 5-6 free wins each year the way Geelong and Hawthorn do because of massive, massive home ground advantages?

The Hawthorn board is hilarious saying we have no chance at Cogs because we have no future due to us going down by 22 points (I refuse to acknowledge that last goal) against the Tigers with no Martin, Cotchin and Rance. Just had quick look and they lost to them by 6 goals when they had no Cotchin, Rance, Riewoldt, Rioli and Nankervis.

The Hawthorn board is hilarious saying we have no chance at Cogs because we have no future due to us going down by 22 points (I refuse to acknowledge that last goal) against the Tigers with no Martin, Cotchin and Rance. Just had quick look and they lost to them by 6 goals when they had no Cotchin, Rance, Riewoldt, Rioli and Nankervis.
hahahaha, and we just played richmond in their favourite conditions to play in

Same source who mentioned the Dale Bleach ‘rumour’ earlier in the week.

Coniglio is done as long as we pick the right coach aka not Voss. 1.25/1.3m over 7 heavily front loaded as others have mentioned.

Papley wants to come back to vic and too us but Swans will make it very hard. Looks like we’ll be paying overs (more than Adelaides 1st).

Not Carlton related but the Saints will offer Roughy a 1 year deal for 2020. Roughy probably says yes if it’s 2 but Saints rightly hesitant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back