Coaching Staff Senior Coach: John Worsfold - Thank you John

Remove this Banner Ad

With the bolded I really don't think there is. Even the 22 out there weren't fit. Heppell and Raz shouldn't have been out there for a start. Not convinced Hooker should have been either. I'm sure there's probably others.
That’s wishful thinking. Not a single Essendon side in the history of the club lost by 105 points to Bulldogs. Not a single Essendon side ever conceded 21 consecutive goals. Not a single side in the top 8 ever lost by 100+ to a side outside the 8. We had one goal with 5 minutes to go.

Injuries are not an excuse for the way we lost. We had enough talent to at least keep it to a 8-10 goal loss.

We had 120 less disposals for less tackles.

I don’t believe they’re conspiring against Woosha by any means, but other than Ambrose and Merrett, the rest didn’t give a crap. I don’t see how people are seriously putting most of the blame on Woosha. He played a part, but the players need to have a hard look at themselves.

I’ll excuse Heppell because he usually gives his all. First game back

That’s wishful thinking. Not a single Essendon side in the history of the club lost by 105 points to Bulldogs. Not a single Essendon side ever conceded 21 consecutive goals. Not a single side in the top 8 ever lost by 100+ to a side outside the 8. We had one goal with 5 minutes to go.

Injuries are not an excuse for the way we lost. We had enough talent to at least keep it to a 8-10 goal loss.

We had 120 less disposals for less tackles.

I don’t believe they’re conspiring against Woosha by any means, but other than Ambrose and Merrett, the rest didn’t give a crap. I don’t see how people are seriously putting most of the blame on Woosha. He played a part, but the players need to have a hard look at themselves.

Players and Worsfold are one and the same. His job is the performance of the team. If they perform like that then something is seriously wrong, no matter who’s individual “fault” it might be.

Players and Worsfold are one and the same. His job is the performance of the team. If they perform like that then something is seriously wrong, no matter who’s individual “fault” it might be.
I just can’t look at the game and think of Worsfold as the main problem.

Does that mean he is the right man for the job? No. Do I believe he is? Not really.

But if we sack him, we’re still left with the 22 that walked out on Saturday and put on the most embarrassing Essendon performance I can ever remember witnessing.

Slightly off topic but i feel relevant...

What are the constants at this club since say about the time Sheeds went a bit rogue and then not offered a new contract.?

We seem to keep doing the same things (Definition of stupid kind of stuff), Fitness, Recruiting, Finals fails (very similar in the way we lose them) yet we have had major changes along the way in many staff positions and departments.

The only time i can recall it being slightly different was in Hirds first year, but still that same constant bobbed up of being smacked in a final.

We all have a bit of giggle at the Essington quip but really that's just a coping mechanism, while in reality it can be a very real deviation from any progressive momentum we've tried to string together.

Been wondering about this since the first few games this year where our fitness was way behind satisfactory compared to many other clubs and yet no one addressed it at a higher internal level, ultimately causing a big flow on affect and a repeat mess again!

Just a question for those that want to sack him and cop the hit of his contract, plus a new head coach On top of the massive money we already are paying Caracalla and others.

Do we have much money left to revamp the fitness department as we should be? Is that the best use of our funds and time?

I think there are better options then sacking him. It's not at that stage, that we are a basketcase ready to draw a line through the head coach. It just has to be handled well.

I think the better way of doing things going forward is John sees out his contract with Caracalla in the second seat ready to take over.
Pump every remaining cent left into recruiting and fitness.

Just watched bet easy pod cast... they reckon woosha is already gone and that is why he is showing no emotion at games etc... Blake Caracella head coach next year a foregone conclusion... according to them.

I just can’t look at the game and think of Worsfold as the main problem.

Does that mean he is the right man for the job? No. Do I believe he is? Not really.

But if we sack him, we’re still left with the 22 that walked out on Saturday and put on the most embarrassing Essendon performance I can ever remember witnessing.

No doubt. But if you’re the boss you wear the responsibility. That’s just how it is.

Tom Browne throwing around Woosha might be gone, Brad Scott a dark horse and that Brad would prefer Essendon over StK or the Blues... 😲

We hire that ******* if Woosha vacates I'm done...

Bahaha how good was that

“Essendon would be Brad’s first choice”

Lol yeah that’s *in fantastic

I don’t know if Woosha doing a good job or not. But as a supporter looking from the outside it appears that not one area of the club is doing an outstanding job. I say let him see out the year and then have all areas (board, management, list, fitness, coaches and players) reviewed. Get the review done by external football people who have a history of success. All incumbents should demonstrate to an outside set of eyes that they are the right people to go forward with.

Tom Browne throwing around Woosha might be gone, Brad Scott a dark horse and that Brad would prefer Essendon over StK or the Blues... 😲

Agreed if that happens I’m jumping ship to Those mugs we know as Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't have an issue with his lack of emotion when on camera, as a matter of fact I admire the way he stays in control.

I would like to think that he gives strong and direct feedback to the players behind closed doors not in public to appease the masses.

Also bear in mind that we are talking about a different generation of player that doesn't necessarily respond to a spray or a grabbing of the jumper as in years gone by.

I would hold the players more accountable for the lack of effort and for insipid performances, they seem to have gotten off lightly?.

What I don't accept from Whoosa and the selection committee is continually picking guys that all and sundry can see are not up to the AFL standard.

Once again we go back to selecting Baguley, McNeice & Myers and Z Clarke yet overlook guys such as Ridley, BZT, Laverde, Jok and Draper early on whom are our future.

Some of the selections from early on to now are nothing short of bewildering, We drop the same few , Hartley, Guelfi, Ham, Begley, Laverde & Ridley .

These are the guys that should be getting a game now.... develop them, play them in big pressure games see what they deliver what is there to lose ?.

I know I could accept inconsistent performances from these younger guys, I want to see if they can stand up, make some bold selections, put Jok in the ruck ?,play Mozzie in the dream time game ??, drop Fantasia ??... god knows what Ridley has done to not to get selected since round ?? and BZT is ready now..... F***en play them !!

We are copping it from all sides, media, opposition supporters... all and sundry are having a field day and loving every minute of it !!.

The players need to make a stand now not roll over , show some balls & have a dip !!!!

Since Sheedy left, have we ever actually committed to a full rebuild?

Feels like we have always given ourselves a reason to not do it.
Speaking of Sheedy, this is classic Essendon that we bring him back to the club. They have been great servants to the club, but surely it’s time to move on from the legacies of the past and say thanks all the best for the future to the likes of Sheeds, Doc Reid, Harvey, Dodoro etc.

No way Scott would get the senior gig. I would however have him as an assistant to Caracella.

Caracella
Scott
Roughead
Kelly
Rutten

Since Sheedy left, have we ever actually committed to a full rebuild?

Feels like we have always given ourselves a reason to not do it.
We've turned over half the list since the end of 2016. 24 players out of the club, not counting top ups, in three off-seasons.

Just because we don't shout from the rooftops about rebuilds and sackings doesn't mean it hasn't happened quietly in the background.

Comments on Caracella and ross lyon here:

the Don't Argue podcast, Wayne Carey, Brendon Goddard, Ben Dixon and Jay Clark recap AFL Round 21.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back