Contenders and Pretenders 2019 ( edited - Page 32 current discussion ) Are Richmond now the team to beat?

Are Richmond the new Premiership Favourites?

• Yes. The Dominant team and rule at Fortress G - Too good!

Votes: 128 34.6%
  • No. Geelong will roll on once more

Votes: 17 4.6%
  • West Coast to go Back to Back

Votes: 105 28.4%
  • Collingwood will regroup and Redeem themselves

Votes: 38 10.3%
  • GWS will break through for their first flag

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • Brisbane will break the hearts of many

Votes: 59 15.9%
  • Essendon will emerge

Votes: 17 4.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

One of these teams is not like the others.

Even when we beat Geelong, we are still classified as not good enough. It's alright, continue to disregard us, it works better for us. Entire nation thought Geelong would give us a reality check.

Thought Geelong were better. The reality check comes soon. If not this week, a final in Melbourne.

However I am on the Lions bandwagon.

Congrats the Tigers. The better team for most of the day.

We need Nic Nat back. The quality of our clearances was shocking. Ivan Soldo looked like a superstar with his tap work.

You pies lol. Still more happy with the PF win then if you had of won the GF, crazy stuff. You need to move on though. Regardless what you say, last year we were the minor premers, WC premiers and pies....err nothing.

We had one bad game, grats. You think you would be my worried about how shaky you guys are leading to finals

Wow grats on that. Means jack shit when you didn't even make the GF.

Thought Geelong were better. The reality check comes soon. If not this week, a final in Melbourne.

However I am on the Lions bandwagon.

Really? What made you think that? I thought we played quite poorly and still managed to match it with the #1 team in the competition. Countless OOF's, 3-4 missed shots that are regulation. We had a small lapse at the end of the 2nd quarter where they kicked 3 goals and that was the margin for much of the game. Strange thinking.

Really? What made you think that? I thought we played quite poorly and still managed to match it with the #1 team in the competition. Countless OOF's, 3-4 missed shots that are regulation. We had a small lapse at the end of the 2nd quarter where they kicked 3 goals and that was the margin for much of the game. Strange thinking.

Dont stress mate, we copped it all of 2017 and 18. BF experts will always find an excuse to rubbish a teams form and quality. Lions are having a great year, regardless of what happens here on out. They have 100% turned the corner. Enjoy the ride

Dont stress mate, we copped it all of 2017 and 18. BF experts will always find an excuse to rubbish a teams form and quality. Lions are having a great year, regardless of what happens here on out. They have 100% turned the corner. Enjoy the ride

Look forward to Sunday afternoon for a classic game. Hope Grimes is okay, he played out the game yesterday yes?

Look forward to Sunday afternoon for a classic game. Hope Grimes is okay, he played out the game yesterday yes?

Came back in the last but looked sore. We are going to need him as your forward line is in form. He has taken cameron in the past and done well but if Grimes misses, it will role to Vlaustin. Going to be a cracking game. I want both sides to go head on but have no injuries. Will be no shame losing to you blokes as you are the inform team of the comp

Jesus, lol. We have 7 at the G which is a shared ground due to hardly playing on it in the first half. The pies play more at the G this year then us but I dont hear the cry's. I did not hear the cry's when the draw came out, or when we had major injuries. It's funny, we keep winning and that is when the bleating starts. I tell you something, I would love to play half my games at the G and then no others can play on it but only when they play us or the pies and then ride the umpiring advantage you lot get and travel the other half of games.

You see, its a silly argument. You are dead set just making excuses
So it would be ok if we played 7 games in a row at Optus and then played finals at the same ground?
But obviously no advantage in that if we're not the home team for all those games....lol

So it would be ok if we played 7 games in a row at Optus and then played finals at the same ground?
But obviously no advantage in that if we're not the home team for all those games....lol

Sure mate, just you wont be allowed the umpire advantage which was proven you have enjoyed for 10 years.......lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there precedent for that in the AFL, has a team ever had that in their seasons fixture, 7 games in a row on their home ground leading into a final series where they'll play the majority of their games on the same ground?

If you played your second home game in round 12 only a dead set fool would take issue with it.

As long as it all adds up to 11 home games and 11 away games, no worries. By my calculations, with current fixturing, you could have exactly that, if you're willing to play 5 games at Optus in the first 15 weeks.

Imagine complaining about one of the highest member teams playing their home games at the G

Who cares if they have the last five in a row there or whatever it is.

Interstate teams get a bigger advantage by having an actual home ground advantage.

Vic teams share two grounds , advantage is far less playing any other victorian team , also means interstate teams get more games at the G or Marvel than if every victorian team had their own ground.

Imagine complaining about one of the highest member teams playing their home games at the G

Who cares if they have the last five in a row there or whatever it is.

Interstate teams get a bigger advantage by having an actual home ground advantage.

Vic teams share two grounds , advantage is far less playing any other victorian team , also means interstate teams get more games at the G or Marvel than if every victorian team had their own ground.

Tiges had home ground advantage in 1 of their first 15 games. That bit tends to get overlooked by the people crying about “7 in a row at the G”.

I don't want to dish the Lions, I want you guys to be great and I hope we lost to a great team by 1 point away from home, it would bode well for our finals chances. But whilst we might have been top of the ladder we have the worst form of the top 4 teams leading into finals, currently we are 4 wins 5 losses from our last 9 games. Stating the obvious but your game against Richmond will tell us where the Lions are at.

The thing you are refusing to factor in, is the first half of the year. It took till round 12 to play our second, that's right, our second game at home! I sit hear and laugh about our 7 straight at the G. The reason I laugh, due too blokes like you are crying about it, when you were dead set silent when the draw came out. It's only an issue now because we are winning.

Do you seriously think, we would not have loved to play half our games at the G in the first part of the year ? Particularly with our injuries then ? If that happened we would have been cemented in top 3 spots and not fighting for 4th now, having to win 7 straight just to be in the position we are in now.....jeepers the crying

Am I missing an inside gag? Not including your home games at Marvel you played, Pies, Dees, Hawks, Essendon and Geelong at home in the 1st 12 games.

Back