Just hanging out
Apr 25, 2009
Some point in space and time
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
1000003514.png

The season hasn't even begun yet for more than half the teams and already we have to hear this s**t about who is chasing who? Can we seriously not leave this stuff until later in the year? I find it pretty sad and pathetic if this is already what's on people's minds and what they think we want to hear about right now. How about building some excitement for the season that has barely even started rather than try and predict player movements 7 or 8 months from now? And what's the deal with the ping pong theme? What is that supposed to mean? Absolutely cringeworthy all-round.
It's killing the enjoyment of the actual game and the soul of it all when we are constantly bombarded with speculation and hypotheticals.

It's killing the enjoyment of the actual game and the soul of it all when we are constantly bombarded with speculation and hypotheticals.
So don't read it then?

I consume next to zero football media and am better for it.

VFL media, how can we get stars from the non vic clubs to come to victoria .

Dwayne was literally going on about our players and how good they would be in vic clubs
Jamarra is at a Victorian club

True. Most good list managers don't start worrying about this until August anyway.

That’s what it’s become. It’s always that vested interest in potential and trading as well as who the no.1 draft pick is. Players are just commodities. Thats why SuperCoach and all that business is so popular, it’s all about the buy and sell aspect. The game itself is virtually unrecognisable. It’s predictable and one note. Forward press. Find space. Run back with nobody to kick to at FF so wait for someone to catch up or get some more space.

The game will be unrecognisable in 5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VFL media, how can we get stars from the non vic clubs to come to victoria .

Dwayne was literally going on about our players and how good they would be in vic clubs

Der-wayne is just trying to remain relevant

Gets the clicks obviously with the nice little bait on the hook being the chase for Jamarra

Ooooh I better see if my club is a chance

Way it all works these days I’m afraid

Did you click on ?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

That’s what it’s become. It’s always that vested interest in potential and trading as well as who the no.1 draft pick is. Players are just commodities. Thats why SuperCoach and all that business is so popular, it’s all about the buy and sell aspect. The game itself is virtually unrecognisable. It’s predictable and one note. Forward press. Find space. Run back with nobody to kick to at FF so wait for someone to catch up or get some more space.

The game will be unrecognisable in 5 years.
Why would it be unrecognisable? Everything you said in the paragraph above is highly recognisable.

Do you mean there will be another paradigm shift in how the game is played?

Why would it be unrecognisable? Everything you said in the paragraph above is highly recognisable.

Do you mean there will be another paradigm shift in how the game is played?
It’ll change significantly re rules and tactics over the next 5-10 years. Physical contact will be really watered down due to potential CTE class action. Not a bad thing but that’ll lead to umpires being trigger happy and the game being difficult to watch.

Re players, well they’ll be pure athletes by then. Foot skills I don’t think will get a lot better. Your standard midfielder will be 6’3 or 6’4 and be an anaerobic powerhouse. Sport science will be honing fitness and power more than ever.

I think that will be to the detriment of the game.

I’d much rather there was some reporting on what’s actually going on in the space than pretending like clubs aren’t looking at, talking to or scouting players for their list needs.

I reckon it shows how big a flop round 0 was. They've started the season with 4 games and have absolutely nothing to talk about because only half the teams have played. They can't compare who's where on the ladder or provide any meaningful insights into which teams surprised by playing well, or who was below par because they have no baseline.

I reckon it shows how big a flop round 0 was. They've started the season with 4 games and have absolutely nothing to talk about because only half the teams have played. They can't compare who's where on the ladder or provide any meaningful insights into which teams surprised by playing well, or who was below par because they have no baseline.
No it shows it’s all about the VFL.

Those utter morons "Riley Beveridge and Cal Twomey" ruined what was once a good podcast, in AFL Exchange, back when it had Drew Petrie, Drew Lowther and Mat Thompson.

Weird pre-planned jocky one liners as if they are trying to be the Triple M Rub team (not something anyone should aspire to), but without the credibility of being former players or the morsel of charisma.

Real "kid that was picked last" LARPing as a jock stuff.

Typical "chat":

Riley Beveridge: You'd think Clarkson will really get stuck into them

Cal Twomey: (Already giggling) Like Bailey Smith gets stuck into the shampoo you'd reckon haha

Riley Beveridge: (also giggling) You'd like a bit of shampoo wouldn't you Cal

(more giggling)

Just cringe gear. How the AFL persists with them...

I've always hated this, but what truly grinds my gear is talking about where * insert player * will be next year DURING the game every week when the player shows up on screen. All season its "He is OOC. He is putting off contract talks. Will he kick goals for * insert club * or will it be at another club?" Over and over again for the whole season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back