Is this the year we finally see a player Kick a Ton?

Remove this Banner Ad

If Curnow gets a serious injury round 1 Carlton will finish 15th.

A seriously unhealthy reliance on one player to kick goals which is usually only seen in bottom 4 sides.

Curnow won’t kick 100 and Carlton aren’t as good as the media wank fest would suggest. Got lucky in two finals last year despite being outplayed in most metrics in both of them.

A seriously unhealthy reliance on one player to kick goals which is usually only seen in bottom 4 sides.

Curnow won’t kick 100 and Carlton aren’t as good as the media wank fest would suggest. Got lucky in two finals last year despite being outplayed in most metrics in both of them.
Where'd we finish last time he was injured? I reckon we've made some fairly considerable improvements to our list since then too don't you?

Does a club want a 100 goal kicker anymore, it means a lot of focus on one player, then if he gets injured or held in the finals the game plan goes out the door.
Chris Scott was asked that question last year when Jeremy Cameron looked to be on target to kick a ton. He made it clear he didn’t want that to happen for the reason you state

Why only Curnow, why not Tex or Larkey?

I expect Adelaide to improve this season and fight for a spot in the top 8 and perhaps thanks to relatively favorable draw could finish as high as 5th. They were a free scoring team last season, if they can take another step, create more opportunities and be a little more efficient in front of goals then I would think Tex has every chance of improving on last year tally, even though he may now be around 34.

North goes into this season with a stronger midfield and a more creative forward line, I don't think we will improve enough to jump out of the bottom 4 or 5 but I expect us to take another positive step with our attacking game and be more competitive longer in every game. If he gets an extra goal scoring opportunity each game and improves his accuracy another 3-4% he is a chance of improving on his 71 goals of last season.
Really? You have to ask?

How do Carlton get to play North twice this season? Vicbias at work again!

North twice and West Coast once gives Curnow 30-35 goals? Just a measly 65 goals then needed from 20 matches - well within reach

I hope this is tongue in cheek... Carlton haven't played North twice in a year since 2007! We are more than due...

Plus North's coach famously prevented the last player capable of kicking 100 in a season from getting there, by triple teaming him in the last quarter of a round 22 game his own team was leading by 10 goals, out of pure spite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok so what you're saying is

'' Carlton vow to not be extremely lucky ''

I'd rather be lucky with a bloke snagging 81 majors for the year winning The Coleman and his side making The Prelims than a side who '' vows '' to win The Premiership and miss the finals altogether.

Chris Scott was asked that question last year when Jeremy Cameron looked to be on target to kick a ton. He made it clear he didn’t want that to happen for the reason you state
Ahhh rubbish.

What's better Curnow kicked a 100 last year or 81? I know their reasoning but it's complete fiction.

Ok so what you're saying is

'' Carlton vow to not be extremely lucky ''

I'd rather be lucky with a bloke snagging 81 majors for the year winning The Coleman and his side making The Prelims than a side who '' vows '' to win The Premiership and miss the finals altogether.
No I’m saying their next highest goal scorer kicked 29 goals so if Curnow goes down who is stepping up?

Was it really that difficult to comprehend?

Ahhh rubbish.

What's better Curnow kicked a 100 last year or 81? I know their reasoning but it's complete fiction.
I think its a genuine reflection that the modern coach is focused on the team first, not an individual. If all the focus by the team is on Curnow you can bet the opposition will do their homework.

How do Carlton get to play North twice this season? Vicbias at work again!

North twice and West Coast once gives Curnow 30-35 goals? Just a measly 65 goals then needed from 20 matches - well within reach

The "draw" is a joke. Apparently we dont play any games in NSW or QLD this year.

So next year we probably set up camp north of the border.

Does a club want a 100 goal kicker anymore, it means a lot of focus on one player, then if he gets injured or held in the finals the game plan goes out the door.

It's a pretty fair question. I think you are right, coaches might almost be concerned if a player kicks 100....in todays footy that is going to be about 30% of the teams goals for the year.

Supporters want to see it though.

In terms of the question, don't think it will happen this year. As others have said, even Charlies 80 goals last year were filled with some pretty cheap bags.

I feel if he remains injury free that Curnow is a decent shout this season. I think he'll get 80+ again and I expect The Blues to win at least 16 games during the home and away season. They're cherry ripe now. Curnow had a massive home and away season but wasn't in it come finals in 2023 but I also feel he was marked out of the game or didn't get enough ball presented to him. No question it's hard in modern footy to kick anywhere near the tallies of yesteryear. But Carlton look like they're going to be a team that's going to have a serious say in September for many years to come.

Carlton imo look like they're on the verge of a dynasty. I'm not sure if it's this year, I believe they're capable but I think The Pies-Lions have the biggest say again in Season 2024. But The Blues have all the tools necessary to launch a massive assault on The Premiership Cup for many years to come.

It's Curnow Time.
He kicked 4 last night. He'll go very close.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back