Autopsy Memorable moments with players with ball in hand as the the final siren rings ..pre-Lims and grand finals only.

Remove this Banner Ad

So I’ve got 3… two are bombers ..Terry Daniher in the 84’ GF down the back pocket.

My personal favourite…Chris Daniher in the 93’ pre lim vs Crows when we we were seven goals down at half time ( when our teenagers orchestrated the greatest comeback of all time in a pre lim) …and then of course is the great Darren Millane who shoved the pill up his Collingwood jumper in the back pocket ..as the final bell sounded in that horrendous 1990 GF.

Obscure thread I know…but when you’ve been reading this ridiculous footy site for 20 years, there’s not many subjects not covered and repeated.

Search your memory…YouTube links encouraged

Last edited:
Lynch 2001
Don’t remember that one.

YouTube link ?

Sounds romantic though.

Lynchy was a pinup boy and clueless Lions (Queenslanders)
fans adored him.

But not as much much as Vossy and Ackaaaaaar

I must say…I was at the Southport FC front bar watching that game that day after immigrating from Victoria and everything is a blur.

I’m pretty sure I didn’t hang around for the the final bell. I’d cracked the shits and turned away well before that..

Don’t remember that one.

YouTube link ?

Sounds romantic though.

Lynchy was a pinup boy and clueless Lions (Queenslanders)
fans adored him.

But not as much much as Vossy and Ackaaaaaar

I must say…I was at the Southport FC front bar watching that game that day after immigrating from Victoria and everything is a blur.

I’m pretty sure I didn’t hang around for the the final bell. I’d cracked the shits and turned away well before that..

Around the 30 second mark. Real footage would be anywhere online if you found highlights of the game

So I’ve got 3… two are bombers ..Terry Daniher in the 84’ GF down the back pocket.

My personal favourite…Chris Daniher in the 93’ pre lim vs Crows when we we were seven goals down at half time ( when our teenagers orchestrated the greatest comeback of all time in a pre lim) …and then of course is the great Darren Millane who shoved the pill up his Collingwood jumper in the back pocket ..as the final bell sounded in that horrendous 1990 GF.

Obscure thread I know…but when you’ve been reading this ridiculous footy site for 20 years, there’s not many subjects not covered and repeated.

Millane the one that stands out for me, especially poignant given he was dead one year and one day later

Murphy in the epic 99 prelim throwing the ball away in glee when he could have had a shot after the siren

Carman booting the ball into the 3rd tier at the end of the 77 second semi

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm pretty sure Garry Foulds booted the ball into the crowd in both 84/85.

Leo Barry, you star!”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darren Millane - Collingwood win 1990 AFL Grand Final. Sean Millane -Dandenong Redlegs win 1991 VFA Grand Final.

1954 VFL Grand Final - Bulldogs d. Melbourne - Jack Collins (Footscray) has taken a mark in scoring range just before the siren but does not attempt to kick the goal. 2021 AFL Grand Final - Melbourne d. Bulldogs - Tom McDonald (Melbourne) has taken a mark as the siren sounds, and kicks truly to stretch the Demons victory to 74 points.

2001 AFL Grand Final - Game ends with the Brisbane Lions crushing Essendon after half time and the ball in the hands of Alistair Lynch, the only remaining player to have represented Fitzroy, the Brisbane Bears and the Brisbane Lions. (The only other player for the three merger teams - Scott McIvor - retired after 1997).

Millane the one that stands out for me, especially poignant given he was dead one year and one day later

Murphy in the epic 99 prelim throwing the ball away in glee when he could have had a shot after the siren

Carman booting the ball into the 3rd tier at the end of the 77 second semi

Yeah the story goes Millane shoved it up his jumper and started running away from the umpires who wanted it back.

Can’t remember if he got away with it lol

I of course was on Richmond Station platform by then because I left 15 mins into the last qrt.

The most depressing day of my life….but that’s footy

Yeah the story goes Millane shoved it up his jumper and started running away from the umpires who wanted it back.

Can’t remember if he got away with it lol

I of course was on Richmond Station platform by then because I left 15 mins into the last qrt.

The most depressing day of my life….but that’s footy

Millane probably took that footy to bed with him

Must have sucked, Collingwood's pressure that day was manic and it was an ugly spectacle, a strange game that never really got going

Luckily you only had to wait 3 years for a nice one over Carlton

Millane probably took that footy to bed with him

Must have sucked, Collingwood's pressure that day was manic and it was an ugly spectacle, a strange game that never really got going

Luckily you only had to wait 3 years for a nice one over Carlton

Bloody west coast and that draw

We had 3 weeks off before the gf

Flat as tacks

1977 grand final draw

A desperate Shane Bond for Collingwood sprinting with the ball on the wing as the siren sounds and nearby Rene Kink has a punch-up with ‘Crackers’ Keenan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back