2024 Grand Final Predictions?

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints v Carlton

With Paddy Dow to kick the winner on the run from just outside 50 with a few seconds left after roving the ball from a center bouce and baulking around Cripps and taking a bounce before slotting it through

Odd post. We all know the Blues’ crowds dropped off for 20 years or so. There were in fact Carlton home games where the Bloods fans outnumbered your mob.

I am a little puzzled why Carlton have been discussed in this thread. I certainly would not have introduced my mob to this thread.

fwiw I am tipping a Lions v Giants GF this year.
Anti-Victorianite

Saints v Carlton

With Paddy Dow to kick the winner on the run from just outside 50 with a few seconds left after roving the ball from a center bouce and baulking around Cripps and taking a bounce before slotting it through

I’d believe the rove and baulk, but Paddy doesn’t have the penetration or the accuracy, let alone the composure, to do something like that on grand final day.

He’d be better off handballing it to his good mate Stocker.

I’d believe the rove and baulk, but Paddy doesn’t have the penetration or the accuracy, let alone the composure, to do something like that on grand final day.

He’d be better off handballing it to his good mate Stocker.
So basically he’d panic, and dribble a kick along the ground the wrong way?

The comment says more about Carlton than it does about Sydney.

Sydney may have had COLA, but what are your excuses for Geelong, Hawthorn, Collingwood, etc?
Short memory. Cola ? Legitimate Salary Cap Process Sanctioned & Put In Place By The AFL unlike brown paper bags and salary cap cheating. Hilarity will reach new levels on here when Carlton do a Carlton this year. In other words
s**t the bed.

The comment says more about Carlton than it does about Sydney.

Sydney may have had COLA, but what are your excuses for Geelong, Hawthorn, Collingwood, etc?

The original post had nothing to do with this thread

I mean, if it wasn't for free ticket give-aways and Cola Swans wouldn't be irrelevant, they would be extinct

What's funnier is you continually aligning the Pies to the likes of Cats and Hawks, even the Tigers and us have you covered in the last 6 decades, unless you are including 12 losing GFs

Perhaps getting back to the OP would be more appropriate 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cola is a wonderful thing
COLA was stopped over a DECADE ago after Eddie McGuire whinged.

Meanwhile Vic clubs have won 10 from the last 11 Flags. Only the Eagles 2018 broke through for one single non Vic flag.

I mean even a drug affected Melbourne and the Bevo coached Dogs have manged a flag. And they are both rabble. That's how tilted the comp is towards Vic clubs.

I'm very clear that the comp is so Vic parochial that a Melbourne media "personality" like Eddie McGuire can have a public whinge and a rule gets changed on the back of it.

Was he king of moomba or something?

Once established, I think it's fair and reasonable that all sides operate under the same parameters, including academy access

Collingwood V Adelaide , bookmark it

It will be the most important Coll v Ade since the final round of the 93 home and away season at Football Park

Bottom line , Coll win , and Geel sneak into the finals ( might have been a 6 ) and the Cats ( i think won their last 5 in a row ) so they possibly could have done some damage

Up till midway through the 2nd qtr , the Magpies looked like a million bucks , then it was one way traffic , Goodnight night Irene , and mothballs for the Cats

“Cola's great but coke is it!"

- Joel Smith (probably)
Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by Minions

On what we know right now, Giants vs Pies is probably the safest bet.

Melbourne are in shambles. Sydney & Port will f**k it up when it matters. Brisbane need top 2 or it's over for them.

The next batch is probably Saints, Carlton, Geelong, Adelaide, and maybe the Dogs.

All could do it without it being a shock, but all have huge question marks for one reason or another.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back