Hawthorn to play finals in 2024?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks are one or two key injuries away from being bottom 3.

If they had the injury run the Eagles had they would be last.

Have lost Jaith and Day already. If Lewis got injured its bottom 3 in 2024.

Hawks fans a tad delusional thinking they are way ahead in the rebuild game. And rebuilds are not linear, at some point you cop a setback of some sort.

Several Hawks fans on here are all rainbows and unicorns in their predictions and hopes. This is the toughest sport and comp in the world and a serious challenge for young lists with 23 games to play.

We missed Lewis for 2 months last season. He's the one guy we can't afford to miss but at least have some coverage now with Chol.

Chol might not be a worldbeater but he's miles ahead of Kosi and Greene.

We did have a very good run with injuries last year. This year to start the season... not so much.

Hawthorn to play finals in 2024?

Not a chance in hell!!

I am unsure what is worse, the fact that this thread was started, or the fact there has been 18 pages of replies.

Hawthorn will be back and they will win it again because that is what they do, they just must be a fun club to follow.
Mitchell is going about it the right way IMO, starting again and a complete rebuild.
He certainly has one eye fixed on the future, he is building for a tilt at a flag, not just finals.

But 2024!!!!!

Please just close as there is more chance of moving the Westgate Bridge, than Hawthorn making finals this year.
There's a better chance of Hawthorn playing finals than of Collingwood going back to back.

With goal kicking and centre clearances as bad as this we’ll be bottom 4
11.17 is going to lose you games.

If I'd have told you pregame that we'd have 28 shots on goal and +7 inside 50's you'd think we win by 4+ goals. Getting nothing out of Newc, Sicily and Lewis and kicking so poorly yet still having a chance to win was actually quite surprising.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They lost one game. Wow. For 3 quarters or so they were the better team. They just kicked poorly and yes bad kicking is bad football but the structure was there and the flow also pretty good.

We'll some come seasons end but Hawthorn are building a nice new foundation and they're going to be right in flag contention in the next 5 years. More than what can be said for other clubs.

Sicily banned for 1 match. Hmoe game vs Demons next week for the Hawks. Likely wasn't 'winnable' anyway, but no chance without Sicily.

Sicily banned for 1 match. Hmoe game vs Demons next week for the Hawks. Likely wasn't 'winnable' anyway, but no chance without Sicily.

Sicily has been the most undisciplined player in the league for years and now rubbed out for kicking !!
The captain of a rebuilding team just can’t keep behaving like he does and it’s pretty clear now that he can’t/won’t change his ways …

Sicily was completely ineffectual against the Bombers and we should have beaten them. In fact, I think if Sicily didn't play we probably would have won. Gifted them two goals.

Stranger things can happen.

Melbourne's forward line isn't that threatening. It's their midfield I'm worried about.

Please remove if off topic but it rubs me the wrong way and it's bit s**t how Sicily is getting rubbed out for a light kick on McGrath (not saying he shouldn't get rubbed out it's a pretty poor act) but Maynard gets away with nothing whilst scrambling a blokes brain and putting him into retirement.

How the hell does anyone think they can make any sort of call after the first round? That being said, we will be wooden spooners🤣.

s**t!!!!!!!!! I just realised, I had the numbers backwards. It was supposed to read

Hawthorn to play finals in 2042.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back