Best quarter ever played in a Grand Final?

Remove this Banner Ad

In terms of significance Dusty/Richmond 3rd quarter 2020 GF brought the dynasty dream back from the dead. Thought it was all over at halftime and the era was over.

In terms of significance Dusty/Richmond 3rd quarter 2020 GF brought the dynasty dream back from the dead. Thought it was all over at halftime and the era was over.

He played a great game, but it just didn't feel like a GF being at the Gabba. Will be lost to history I think

Jarman on the left
Jarman on the right
Jarman on the lead
Jarman over the back
Master class
I was thinking of Darren Jarman for that thread about cloning a footballer 22 times

A team of Jarmans would be unbeatable. Once he got the ball, the opposition would never get it back. They may as well line up in their 6-6-6 positions and wait for the next centre bounce.

Jars could mark strongly overhead. He was a crushing tackler... very strong. Good size for utility/mid/fwd... 186cm, 92kg... Not super quick like Dangerfield... but he was quick enough. He would lope about in his laconic way, but he had a good short burst of acceleration to get where needed to be.

His skills, wizardry and footy IQ were beyond everyone else's. He was the candy man. You couldn't tackle him, And he was the best kick of a football I have ever seen. Any type of kick: you name it, he would do it.

People mainly remember him for his Prelim & Grand Final heroics for the Crows, but they forget his peak football was played as a centreman for a declining Hawthorn team. He was named All Australian centreman in 1992 and was runner up in the '95 Brownlow (for a team which finished 2nd bottom on the ladder with 7 wins, 15 losses)

Last edited:

I was thinking of Darren Jarman for that thread about cloning a footballer 22 times

A team of Jarmans would be unbeatable. Once he got the ball, the opposition would never get it back. They may as well line up in their 6-6-6 positions and wait for the next centre bounce.

Jars could mark strongly overhead. He was a crushing tackler... very strong. Good size for utility/mid/fwd... 186cm, 92kg... Not super quick like Dangerfield... but he was quick enough. He would lope about in his laconic way, but he had a good short burst of acceleration to get where needed to be.

His skills, wizardry and footy IQ were beyond everyone else's. He was the candy man. You couldn't tackle him, And he was the best kick of a football I have ever seen. Any type of kick: you name it, he would do it.

People mainly remember him for his Prelim & Grand Final heroics for the Crows, but they forget his peak football was played as a centreman for a declining Hawthorn team. He was named All Australian centreman in 1992 and was runner up in the '95 Brownlow (for a team which finished 2nd bottom on the ladder with 7 wins, 15 losses)

The only player I can think of who comes close to Jarman would be when was Kouta at his best, but Jarman was better for longer.

Still hard to believe that Melbourne picked him in the 1986 draft with pick 55, the joys of being a Melbourne fan 🤣

2nd quarter 1990 GF. Collingwood trying to win one after a zillion GF losses. Tight game in the first quarter,, Pies being up by 3 points. Then there was one of the biggest quarter time brawls and you never know what will happen after that. Collingwood won the game in the second quarter smashing the Bomber 6.4 goals to 1.3 goals in a fairly low scoring affair. Bombers were rattled and it was glorious to watch.

I recall Jason Dunstall saying he was the best kick he had ever seen (stand to be corrected).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back