Hawthorn to play finals in 2024?

Remove this Banner Ad

We don’t know how to pick players in the draft so may as well throw the kitchen sink at everyone coming out of contract….

I’d also like to know who this core group of young talent are at Hawthorn apart from Newcombe…..

View attachment 1926539
View attachment 1926541

You didn't say 'rebuilds are hard work' at the end.

Maybe Day, Weddle, MacDonald and McKenzie could do it for you?

As hawthorn are about to find out.
😂 Hawthorn are about to find out nothing they didn’t already know.

Second youngest list in the comp, building nicely, still have plenty of bumps in the road to navigate and will build into the year as players return and the forward line gels.

😂 Hawthorn are about to find out nothing they didn’t already know.

Second youngest list in the comp, building nicely, still have plenty of bumps in the road to navigate and will build into the year as players return and the forward line gels.

Who is the youngest list, again? Remind me?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could, but most likely won't. If you believe Hawthorn are a bottom 4 team, as I do, then their schedule for 2024 is actually really nasty. Not a lot of likely wins on the fixture in my humble opinion. In fact, I'll demonstrate...

Below is how I project the season for both teams. I assume you'll disagree and that's fine. Regardless, a few notes for my projections;
  • Even though I have NMFC as better than Hawthorn, I have us splitting the games. But obviously if North sweeps Hawthorn, or vice versa, that's a big swing in W/L totals for both teams.
  • This only projects what I personally consider to be likely wins, and doesn't account for upsets (such as NMFC or Hawthorn beating teams when they play them in Tassie, etc)
  • I'm not claiming this as a scientific process that will eventuate. Just explaining my subjective opinion of where both teams are at in the course of their rebuilds etc.

WIN/LOSS projections - projected wins in bold

NMFC:

at GWS
vs FRE
vs CAR
vs BRIS (SA)
at GEE
vs HAW
vs ADL (TAS)
at STK
at GCS (NT)
at ESS
vs PA (TAS)
at WCE
vs COLL
at MEL
vs WBD
vs GCS
at SYD
at CAR
vs GEE (TAS)
vs RICH
vs WCE

at WBD
at HAW (TAS)

HAWTHORN:
at ESS
vs MEL
vs GEE
at COLL (SA)
at GCS
at NMFC
vs SYD
at WBD
vs STK (TAS)
at PA
vs BRIS
vs ADL
vs GWS (TAS)
at RICH
at WCE

at GEE
vs FRE (TAS)
vs COLL
at ADL
at GWS
at CAR
vs RICH
vs NMFC
(TAS)
Get on north for the flag I reckon

Proves how many duds these recruiters have chosen, yet still in a job…..

It proves how young and inexperienced they are that they have so much free cap space.

Its how the system works.

Lots of good players and 6 or 7 guns. Little to no cap space.

Team full of kids and a handfull of mature players, mega cap space.

A good KPI that they wont be playing finals this year. They simply dont have the depth.

We are poo but North and the Eagles are historically poo.

There are levels to this game.

Trash Talk Sport GIF by UFC

Hawks are one or two key injuries away from being bottom 3.

If they had the injury run the Eagles had they would be last.

Have lost Jaith and Day already. If Lewis got injured its bottom 3 in 2024.

Hawks fans a tad delusional thinking they are way ahead in the rebuild game. And rebuilds are not linear, at some point you cop a setback of some sort.

Several Hawks fans on here are all rainbows and unicorns in their predictions and hopes. This is the toughest sport and comp in the world and a serious challenge for young lists with 23 games to play.

Hawthorn to play finals in 2024?

Not a chance in hell!!

I am unsure what is worse, the fact that this thread was started, or the fact there has been 18 pages of replies.

Hawthorn will be back and they will win it again because that is what they do, they just must be a fun club to follow.
Mitchell is going about it the right way IMO, starting again and a complete rebuild.
He certainly has one eye fixed on the future, he is building for a tilt at a flag, not just finals.

But 2024!!!!!

Please just close as there is more chance of moving the Westgate Bridge, than Hawthorn making finals this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back