Hawthorn to play finals in 2024?

Remove this Banner Ad

When we lose to North Melbourne and go 0-6, we will be equal favourites with west coast for the wooden spoon and rightly so. Going to be a grim season.

Hopefully some of our supporters can accept it now, rather than wait until we are 2-12 or 1-13 come the bye.

Much easier to deal with the hidings that are on the way.

I liked some of the things I saw today. Similar to last week we dominated extensive periods of the game. If only we could capitalise.

Melbourne showed the gulf in class. They put the pedal to the floor and blow us out the water in two twenty minute bursts.

I remember when we used to do that to sides. Good times.

When we lose to North Melbourne and go 0-6, we will be equal favourites with west coast for the wooden spoon and rightly so. Going to be a grim season.

Hopefully some of our supporters can accept it now, rather than wait until we are 2-12 or 1-13 come the bye.

Have to make up for missing out on Harley Reid last year

Get in before Tassie enters the comp

smart.gif

Brad, how long are you willing to give Mitchell?

He has a lot of supporters convinced that regression and losing is okay and that it’s all apart of the Hawthorn plan. I felt his coaching today was poor and it was even worse last week.

Third year with the list (arguably longer depending on how you view the handover), we were assured the Hawks would be further along.

i expect improvement but the fixture we copped was deadset laughable

He has a lot of supporters convinced that regression and losing is okay and that it’s all apart of the Hawthorn plan. I felt his coaching today was poor and it was even worse last week.

Third year with the list (arguably longer depending on how you view the handover), we were assured the Hawks would be further along.

He’s had a poor start to the season but he won’t come under any pressure this season, even when we finish bottom 2 or 3. Bottom 4 next season is a lock as well. Going to be an interesting 24 months. Will also be near impossible to attract quality free agents which is what we need.

He will get until at least the end of next season. Rightly or wrongly, he will get looked after being a club legend.

I knew we would finish bottom 4 this season and that’s with a fully fit list. I laugh at our supporters that thought we could win 10+ games.

Famous last words that I'm sure will come back to haunt me, but I don't even think Melbourne are particularly great.
They weren't today. Knew 15 minutes into the game they didn't have to do much to win comfortably and cruised from that point on. Couldn't even capitilise on Lever and May being injured. An all round pitiful display. Mitchell has coached poorly so far this year. With Blanck not in the team were not selecting Phillips to free up Sicily to play the Tom Stewart role. Got pantsed today by Fritsch despite getting alot of the ball. He's not an elite 1 on 1 defender despite his reputation. Not selecting Henry Hustwaite and playing plodders like Finn McGuiness the list is starting to get bigger. He needs to right the ship the next few weeks so we resemble a competitive unit. Otherwise scrutiny will come earlier than expected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have gone scorched earth. They have to give him a while. At least this year and next. If they are still looking at bottom 4 after that then could be trouble.

Could, but most likely won't. If you believe Hawthorn are a bottom 4 team, as I do, then their schedule for 2024 is actually really nasty. Not a lot of likely wins on the fixture in my humble opinion. In fact, I'll demonstrate...

Below is how I project the season for both teams. I assume you'll disagree and that's fine. Regardless, a few notes for my projections;
  • Even though I have NMFC as better than Hawthorn, I have us splitting the games. But obviously if North sweeps Hawthorn, or vice versa, that's a big swing in W/L totals for both teams.
  • This only projects what I personally consider to be likely wins, and doesn't account for upsets (such as NMFC or Hawthorn beating teams when they play them in Tassie, etc)
  • I'm not claiming this as a scientific process that will eventuate. Just explaining my subjective opinion of where both teams are at in the course of their rebuilds etc.

WIN/LOSS projections - projected wins in bold

NMFC:

at GWS
vs FRE
vs CAR
vs BRIS (SA)
at GEE
vs HAW
vs ADL (TAS)
at STK
at GCS (NT)
at ESS
vs PA (TAS)
at WCE
vs COLL
at MEL
vs WBD
vs GCS
at SYD
at CAR
vs GEE (TAS)
vs RICH
vs WCE

at WBD
at HAW (TAS)

HAWTHORN:
at ESS
vs MEL
vs GEE
at COLL (SA)
at GCS
at NMFC
vs SYD
at WBD
vs STK (TAS)
at PA
vs BRIS
vs ADL
vs GWS (TAS)
at RICH
at WCE

at GEE
vs FRE (TAS)
vs COLL
at ADL
at GWS
at CAR
vs RICH
vs NMFC
(TAS)

Running out of a few bolded already Chadwiko.

Predictions of an 8 win North Melbourne season are slipping far out of sight.

Our run to the finals starts now. I think we might sneak into the top 4 (percentage might be a bit iffy) with a 17-5 finish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back