Autopsy Memorable moments with players with ball in hand as the the final siren rings ..pre-Lims and grand finals only.

Remove this Banner Ad

Milan and Murphy mentioned already,

Tony Evans for West Coast in 92 or 94 I think he had the ball in his hands about to kick it. Probably 92, went to kick it then didnt. went again but the siren went.

The ball in Brian Lakes’s hands in that epic Hawthorn Port 2014 PF.

(and yes, I’m still salty about the double standards of the HTB Hodge on Jonas 40 seconds earlier vs the non HTB Monfries on Lake at full time).

TD did handball as the siren went. To Garry Foulds who booted it into the crowd.
It’s not on camera the Fouldsy kick.

And I was up the second tier city end right behind TD ..but don’t remember it. I was only 14 years old.

I’ll take your word for it though 👌

It’s not on camera the Fouldsy kick.

And I was up the second tier city end right behind TD ..but don’t remember it. I was only 14 years old.

I’ll take your word for it though 👌

I just viewed the footage. Easy to miss. You can see on the edge of the footage for a second Foulds kicking the ball towards the Hilton Hotel. Dead ball so would not count on the stats sheet.

I just viewed the footage. Easy to miss. You can see on the edge of the footage for a second Foulds kicking the ball towards the Hilton Hotel. Dead ball so would not count on the stats sheet.
I loved Foulds as a kid. Had his number 10 on my jumper in a sea of number 32s and 5s at Windy hill.

Dour half back flankers weren’t sexy back in the 80s

It wasn't in a grand final but Brodie Holland got caught with his balls in his hand when the police siren sounded.

Tom McDonald had the ball in his hand when the siren went in 2021 Grand Final, before kicking a goal after the siren

Remove this Banner Ad

Back