KISS to play at the Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

It's true, after KISS became an established, famous band, they worked with some "name" producers who co-wrote some of their biggest hits. But Paul and Gene still co-wrote those songs. They just had some help knocking them into shape. Not from 3rd party writers, but from the producers (which is a fairly common practise between rock bands and hands on producers.)
Working with a professional songwriter (or two, in the case of some of their songs) is nothing to be ashamed of, but a co-write is not anywhere near the same as writing solo. Generally the rule of "write a word, get a third" tends to apply for artists.

I remember seeing a spate of younger bands who basically rolled out on stage, said 'hey, we're X band, here's some music or whatever' and then proceeded to play in the most disinterested manner possible in the early 2000s. Then I saw Iron Maiden live for the first time, Bruce SPRINTED on stage screaming like a banshee and they proceeded to ******* blow the roof off the joint.
My first concert was Queen (Melbourne Entertainment Centre, the works tour 85’) when I was 15 …and I thought “ it can’t possibly get any better than this live”

Dozens of great bands over the next 5 years seen…then I went to see Metallica at Festival Hall.

It was like listening to the gods of rock unleashed an avalanche of metal joy over one’s soul.

Never saw maiden. Wasn’t a big fan.

But guaranteed without a doubt ..those two and AC/DC and Zeppelin are the 4 powerhouses of hard rock/metal.

Queen belong in their own little chapter of hard rock. You never knew what was coming next with their experimental and progressive sound.

The other four you know what you’re going to get ..and it was glorious..the architects that everyone else followed and failed to fully replicate.

Last edited:
Was fearful of something approaching Meatloaf... But they were pretty bloody good actually. AFL has a very very hit-and-miss record with their pre-match entertainment but this would be one of the better ones for sure.

No point arguing the music was live. It clearly wasn't. But when it's in the context of a sporting event, who cares? Crowd was having a good time and that's all that matters.

Was fearful of something approaching Meatloaf... But they were pretty bloody good actually. AFL has a very very hit-and-miss record with their pre-match entertainment but this would be one of the better ones for sure.

No point arguing the music was live. It clearly wasn't. But when it's in the context of a sporting event, who cares? Crowd was having a good time and that's all that matters.

Imagine if meat loaf lip synced and had the hundred Harley’s he was apparently offered?

Meat loaf’s best (which was admittedly short lived) is daylight then the Flemington straight then more daylight ahead of anything kiss has done.

When rock n roll was king, it wasn’t about longevity

I get the joke, but it has to be said

Imagine if meat loaf lip synced and had the hundred Harley’s he was apparently offered?

Meat loaf’s best (which was admittedly short lived) is daylight then the Flemington straight then more daylight ahead of anything kiss has done.

When rock n roll was king, it wasn’t about longevity

I get the joke, but it has to be said
Music is subjective. We get it. You hate Kiss. Move on FFS!

Kiss haven't played live for years. Paul's voice has been shot for a long time now. The band wring every last drop of cash from their fans, but they were and still are a phenomenon. As a little bloke, they were larger than life back in the day. Visually incredible. Their live shows are what they are all about. You can argue that so and so are better, but at the end of the day, these guys have carved out an incredible 50 year career making simple but catchy songs and turning them into a massive spectacle live. Even though the 3 song set was to tapes, the performance captured everything the band are about. Entertainment. Complain about the music all you like, but if you weren't entertained then you must be a miserable campaigner.

Was at the game live and everyone loved it but rewatching on TV could easily see how it comes across as lip synced. Didn't think it at the time.

Probably didn't get heard on TV but at one point the Collingwood supporters had a COLL-ING-WOOD chant going over the music.

Years ago at a stadium baseball game ..pretty sure they’re live everything here

A powerhouse of a song.

The trouble with KISS haters and other old rock bands is that you don’t listen to things at full volume.

It’s the only way to appreciate the riffs. Playing rock down low you might as well listen to Roxy Music or Soft Cell.

My first concert was Queen (Melbourne Entertainment Centre, the works tour 85’) when I was 15 …and I thought “ it can’t possibly get any better than this live”

Dozens of great bands over the next 5 years seen…then I went to see Metallica at Festival Hall.

It was like listening to the gods of rock unleashed an avalanche of metal joy over one’s soul.

Never saw maiden. Wasn’t a big fan.

But guaranteed without a doubt ..those two and AC/DC and Zeppelin are the 4 powerhouses of hard rock/metal.

Queen belong in their own little chapter of hard rock. You never knew what was coming next with their experimental and progressive sound.

The other four you know what you’re going to get ..and it was glorious..the architects that everyone else followed and failed to fully replicate.
I implore you, when Maiden come back down here, you have to go. You owe it to yourself. I took the missus with me to the Book of Souls tour, she thought Iron Maiden were a bit cringe and cheesy at the time. She turned and looked at me halfway through their first song and just went "I get it now," and has been a fan ever since. Concur with Metallica live, first time I saw them they kicked off with Blackened and the place instantly went nuclear.

I implore you, when Maiden come back down here, you have to go. You owe it to yourself. I took the missus with me to the Book of Souls tour, she thought Iron Maiden were a bit cringe and cheesy at the time. She turned and looked at me halfway through their first song and just went "I get it now," and has been a fan ever since. Concur with Metallica live, first time I saw them they kicked off with Blackened and the place instantly went nuclear.
Yeah I’ve watched tons on maiden on YouTube..all their concerts over the last 20 years or so.
But I’m just not a big fan of their riffs. Not enough to repetitively play them a million times over like Metallica.

I’m 53 and seen it all…maiden for all the glorious stars that they are..I’ve just never gelled to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t tell you how long it took to find this trying to remember the name of the day time tv host’s show..

But here’s Gene in 1974 trying desperately to conjure up some star power all by himself in front of 100 housewifes and blue rinse old ladies.

The lady guest next to him rolls her eyes and immediately identifies him as a “ nice Jewish boy “ and deflates his entire demonic performance.

“ ..you can’t hide the hook”

Gene is not happy with the old bird. He knows he’s been taken to the cleaners in such a subtle way and he hates it …but holds his nerve and soldiers on lol

Can’t tell you how long it took to find this trying to remember the name of the day time tv host’s show..

But here’s Gene in 1974 trying desperately to conjure up some star power all by himself in front of 100 housewifes and blue rinse old ladies.

The lady guest next to him rolls her eyes and immediately identifies him as a “ nice Jewish boy “ and deflates his entire demonic performance.

“ ..you can’t hide the hook”

Gene is not happy with the old bird. He knows he’s been taken to the cleaners in such a subtle way and he hates it …but holds his nerve and soldiers on lol

They don’t make tv like that any more

Going forward:
  • Foo Fighters
  • ACDC
  • Elton John
  • Green Day
  • RHCP
  • Coldplay
  • U2
  • Stones
  • Guns N Roses
  • Billy Joel

Some might be gettable. Others may die before they get there.

Not even a fan of a number of the above but the ground rules are clear. They need to be used to big occasions and everyone needs to know the songs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back