KISS to play at the Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Bunch of pro’s KISS.
Two things that you can always guarantee about Kiss.

1) Gene Simmons loves money
2) Paul Stanley will always ensure that Kiss' legacy will not be soured. He is a thorough professional.

Well done Kiss and the AFL. Pretty sure that the AFL would be more than happy with how the day went

Two things that you can always guarantee about Kiss.

1) Gene Simmons loves money
2) Paul Stanley will always ensure that Kiss' legacy will not be soured. He is a thorough professional.

Well done Kiss and the AFL. Pretty sure that the AFL would be more than happy with how the day went

You missed 3) Eric and Tommy are professionals and great musicians themselves and can be trusted not to f it up like Ace Frehley

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm not sure who people want.

Anyone born last century they will complain that they are too old.
Anyone born this century they will complain they've never heard of them.
Anyone that hasn't played at a super bowl they will complain they're not high profile enough.
Anyone non Australian they will complain why can't we have an Australian.
Anyone who is Australian they will complain that they should have got a high profile overseas act.
Whoever they get there will be complaints that they don't like that genre of music

I'm not sure who people want.

Anyone born last century they will complain that they are too old.
Anyone born this century they will complain they've never heard of them.
Anyone that hasn't played at a super bowl they will complain they're not high profile enough.
Anyone non Australian they will complain why can't we have an Australian.
Anyone who is Australian they will complain that they should have got a high profile overseas act.
Whoever they get there will be complaints that they don't like that genre of music
It's literally an annual wingefest no matter who they get to perform. I loved it, wouldve been even better at night (not that I want a night GF).

Gotta say having guitars blast out full power got me absolutely amped for the footy

Get Green Day or MCR for next year both will be dropping an album in 2024 and can absolutely rock it live
I hear the opening chords and Billy Joe yellin “
“I'm the son of rage and love…
The Jesus of Suburbia!!!!”

I’m not really sure what the second half of that post means.

I do know that the only thing I know of Ute Musters is that the biggest one I can think of is in Deliniquin, which has 2 Australian Rules football clubs and 0 rugby league clubs.
Basically means that "Horses" is not pub anthems a-hole without being shoved down our throats by a "bogan" orientated media which is disassociated from the actual country.

That said KIss probs gets a 7 out 10.
The AFL has to go back to the 70's-80's rock band well simply because there are so few artists, especially bands, these days who can actually play an instrument let alone play live.

Last edited:
I'm far from a boomer but I thought they were great. I feel like there may have been some lip synching involved they achieved their aim of providing an entertaining performance. And this comes from someone who was worried about it possibly being Meatloaf 2.0.

On the contrary, I don't mind Mark Seymour but I thought he was disappointing at Half Time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm far from a boomer but I thought they were great. I feel like there may have been some lip synching involved they achieved their aim of providing an entertaining performance. And this comes from someone who was worried about it possibly being Meatloaf 2.0.

On the contrary, I don't mind Mark Seymour but I thought he was disappointing at Half Time.

It was just to dull needed to be more rocking and up lifting an acoustic set at a Grand Final doesn't work!

Holy crap just saw it as was busy at half time, that’s appalling and the worst rendition I’ve ever heard of the holy grail.

371892657_319671140725441_6915385103937658348_n.png

Mike Brady followed by KISS - HELL YEAH!!!!!!!

For the TV audience and the AFL is better off leaning in to what's current. Current music will tend to say something about the year we are in.

They should have got this guy to play at the AFL GF then, the redneck Ed Sheeran, he has produced one of the biggest hit songs of 2023.

Most popular songs these days are garbage, there are still some good songs these days but you won't find them in the charts or on the radio.

The major issue with current, is that the best current artists are completely unaffordable, and everyone else will puzzle the Middle Aged crowd

Most of them also aren't worth the high price tag either, the fact that Ed Sheeran sells out stadiums these days is just mindblowing to me.

He is a glorified English busker that has a few decent tunes but now he is made out to be the David Bowie or Elton John of his generation.

I would throw him a few coins if I saw him busking in the street but I wouldn't be forking out a few hundred bucks to see him in a stadium.

Green Day would be immense if we could somehow wrangle them!

Time of your life
Basketcase
American Idiot
Minority

There's an opening set that would be nostalgic/energetic and world class. Also works for those in their 40's and 50's, but also those in their 20's and 30's.

Make it happen AFL!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back