Which duo would you take?

• Total voters
Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
We offloaded Caddy and it flourished at their club. Strikingly similar to the Mayne trade.

Caddy has been good for Richmond but we'd take Parfitt of the two. Jack Graham wouldn't get a game in the hoops
Graham has only been getting a game due to injury, probably doesn't play if Lambert, Ross and Ellis are fit. He is tough and good defensively but limited offensively.

Parfitt is great, good young player. It's right for Geelong to keep him but after what Caddy has done we wouldn't swap the too either. I don't think Parfitt could play that second marking option and forward as Caddy has for us, different types of player needs.

Parfitt is well ahead of both Caddy and Graham now.

Not sure where Narkle is at but anything he does is a bonus.

Geelong definitely the winners of this trade.

The Caddy trade will always be a win for Richmond regardless of whether Geelong win too. I don't think we win the flag without him, nor do we so well in 2018 without him. The Premiership and his performance justifies it no matter what happens from here.

Oraaaaazio

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Think Caddy is still clearly the best performed player of this group, Parfitt appears to be on an upwards trajectory & looks like he will be a better player however improvement is not always linear and that may never happen, there's been plenty of players who looked to be future stars but never got there & didn't take the next step up. Graham & Narkle you can raffle I don't particularly rate either of them but if the 2017 grand final is the best game Jack Graham ever plays & is delisted at the end of next year, there won't be many complaints from Richmond fans. Still think tigers have come out ahead at this stage, but as juss said, it doesn't mean both sides can't have had a win & been happy with what they've got out of it.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets

Think Caddy is still clearly the best performed player of this group, Parfitt appears to be on an upwards trajectory & looks like he will be a better player however improvement is not always linear and that may never happen, there's been plenty of players who looked to be future stars but never got there & didn't take the next step up. Graham & Narkle you can raffle I don't particularly rate either of them but if the 2017 grand final is the best game Jack Graham ever plays & is delisted at the end of next year, there won't be many complaints from Richmond fans. Still think tigers have come out ahead at this stage, but as juss said, it doesn't mean both sides can't have had a win & been happy with what they've got out of it.
This is why no matter what happens from here, Richmond have won from our spend, regardless of if Geelong win too.

Graham limited Sloane, the oppositions best midfielder and kicked 3 goals in the GF. If that was the only game he ever played you'd happily take that for a pick 53.

Aug 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

Don't know how you could come to that conclusion when Caddy was so good for them in a premiership-winning year. Caddy's not playing too crash hot now, but Parfitt isn't exactly a superstar yet either. If Parfitt performs in a successful finals campaign, then it probably puts the trade level, and then we can judge depending on how their careers progress further.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Don't know how you could come to that conclusion when Caddy was so good for them in a premiership-winning year. Caddy's not playing too crash hot now, but Parfitt isn't exactly a superstar yet either. If Parfitt performs in a successful finals campaign, then it probably puts the trade level, and then we can judge depending on how their careers progress further.
Caddy has been asked to be a midfielder first recently, which he is only average at. This is due to missing guys like Cotchin, Lambert and Ross.

The last couple years have shown who he is, hes a medium sized forward that plays taller, and he can pinch hit in the middle. But hes a half forward/mid, not the other way round.

Aug 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Caddy has been asked to be a midfielder first recently, which he is only average at. This is due to missing guys like Cotchin, Lambert and Ross.

The last couple years have shown who he is, hes a medium sized forward that plays taller, and he can pinch hit in the middle. But hes a half forward/mid, not the other way round.
Kind of funny considering he claimed he went to Richmond for more midfield time.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Kind of funny considering he claimed he went to Richmond for more midfield time.
Possibly, but he has embraced his role at the Tigers and got a premiership out of it, so regardless of what he originally wanted, I dare say he's more than happy now.

Black Child

Team Captain
Jul 11, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Saw Narkle last night.
Looked the goods.
Wouldn't swap Jack for him though and can't imagine any other Tigers would.
Doubt any Cats would swap Narkle for Jack either.

Jack Graham that is.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Interestingly Caddy had made the second forward spot his own over a couple of years but has lost that role with the addition of Lynch.

New challenge for him is to adapt to a new role, be interesting to see if he can. There doesn't seem to be room as a third marking forward for him. He might find himself as a bit of a fringe player again. I reckon he might need to slim up and increase his running ability over the summer.

Possibly, but he has embraced his role at the Tigers and got a premiership out of it, so regardless of what he originally wanted, I dare say he's more than happy now.

I agree with that. Richmond got a player who helped them win a flag..Geelong wouldnt have won a flag in 17 with or without Caddy..Caddy was better than Parfitt the last 2 years but Parfitt will be better than Caddy long term...while both Graham and Narkle will be very good.

Win-win trade from where i sit.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
I agree with that. Richmond got a player who helped them win a flag..Geelong wouldnt have won a flag in 17 with or without Caddy..Caddy was better than Parfitt the last 2 years but Parfitt will be better than Caddy long term...while both Graham and Narkle will be very good.

Win-win trade from where i sit.
Agree, no one's unhappy here.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Narkle is Ablett Jnr 2.0 in my eyes. Looks a lot like The Little Master in the way he moves.

His numbers in the last few games have been insane, when you factor in the low gametime and that he's still building his fitness base:

Massive tank-building pre-season for this bloke, and the sky is the limit!

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Graham has only been getting a game due to injury, probably doesn't play if Lambert, Ross and Ellis are fit. He is tough and good defensively but limited offensively.

Just out of interest, Graham's numbers since this comment (9 games):

He's added a fair bit of attacking value, to go along with his already-elite defensive efforts.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Just out of interest, Graham's numbers since this comment (9 games):

View attachment 736673

He's added a fair bit of attacking value, to go along with his already-elite defensive efforts.
Yes, another case of the benefits of hindsight. Has definetely improved and played some footy that's been beyond what was delivering earlier.

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
Narkle is Ablett Jnr 2.0 in my eyes. Looks a lot like The Little Master in the way he moves.

His numbers in the last few games have been insane, when you factor in the low gametime and that he's still building his fitness base:

View attachment 736669

Massive tank-building pre-season for this bloke, and the sky is the limit!

Low gametime has already been factored into those stats though. It's also a bit disingenuous to increase players stats in line with increased gametime.

Geelong could really do with a couple of tough SOBs who boss finals. Oh, well.
Not really sure what your post is trying to achieve? Parfitt is tougher than both Graham and Caddy. He was one of Geelong's best on Friday night.

Narkle struggled but that is to be expected in the first final for a 10 gamer. He'll be all the better for the experience.

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
Not really sure what your post is trying to achieve? Parfitt is tougher than both Graham and Caddy. He was one of Geelong's best on Friday night.

Narkle struggled but that is to be expected in the first final for a 10 gamer. He'll be all the better for the experience.
Lol, Parfitt is almost as soft as Jordan Murdoch.

Someone needs the Safe House. He's soft, like your club, your coach, and your fans.
No need to microwave your phone mate, you can just block me if my opinion upsets you so much.

Back