Bluemour Melting Pot XIX - Give Me Ed Baby - Return of the Prodigal Son

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sure if you are having a joke here Zeggie.

Buddy won 2 flags at the Hawks
Ablett won 2 flags at the Cats
Yarran, was moved on due to personal issues and never played a game at the Tigers

Lids, fair call

Moving on talent that is surplus to requirements and cashing in after you’re successful is different to pushing kids out the door before we have made finals.

FWIW

Buddy left Hawks, wasn’t traded
Gaz left the Cats of his own will.

I’m talking about pushing kids out, trading talented youth.

He was joking.

It was a joke lol. That's why I added Lids underneath.

Random discussion starter: Harry McKay would be more valuable at the trade table than Charlie Curnow. Discuss...

JUST A HYPOTHETICAL NOT SUGGESTING WE TRADE EITHER...
Charlie Curnow has the potential to be the best player in the competition, I don't see that with Harry.

Charlie for me thanks.

It was rightly due to our horrid performance. Now though the Blues are making news and our trendline, crowd and membership numbers equate to $$$ for the almighty Gil and I would hope that we get some better fixture as a result
I hope not.
I was always working Thurs and Fri nights and never got to watch a game.
I don't think it's any coincidence that we play more weekend games that our attendance levels go through the roof.
I can take my kids these days, and we meet up with my bro and his kids where we never had the chance before

I hope not.
I was always working Thurs and Fri nights and never got to watch a game.
I don't think it's any coincidence that we play more weekend games that our attendance levels go through the roof.
I can take my kids these days, and we meet up with my bro and his kids where we never had the chance before
for a ex Carlton player and gun ruckman behind Madden and Porter Gil give us 1 Friday night game.

In short - the 2 marquee players had already won flags and their clubs probably needed the cap space, and the other 2 were cooked.

I answered the original question.

They lost quality players yet still won further premiership (s).

Either way it was a joke mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s no way Marchbank is untouchable if it’s going to help get a deal over the line and we also receive a pick coming the other way to include him as part of the trade.

He’s got talent, but he’s severely injury prone, an average kick and we’ve got a plethora of intercepting defenders, including Macreadie, as part of our list.

At his best he’s in our best 22, but he’s basically been a non-event since 2017.

Call it business sense or whatever but I would only medical test the shortlisted candidates.
You know, just like any other business.
Dunno about you but I've never done a medical for a company I wasn't shortlisted for ;)
As someone who works for a company that does medical tests, we have a contract so as stated don’t pay per test done, we would be about 5-15% of medical test go on to employment

Out: Marchbank, Pick 8

In: Laird, Papley

.... yeah, I'd probably consider it.

Two All-Australian HBF'ers in Docherty and Laird.
That'd be the only way you could get me on board, but Marchbank isn't going anywhere. I'd still throw one of our firsts at the Crows for Laird though. No way Cats can get Steven, Higgins and Laird done plus a ruckman somehow.

If we've laid some groundwork, I'd be VERY keen on Rory - dual-AA, perfect age, existing relationship with Eddie and Teaguey. Perfect Simmo replacement and - like Doc/Newy - can rotate between the arcs for parts of the game.

There’s no way Marchbank is untouchable if it’s going to help get a deal over the line and we also receive a pick coming the other way to include him as part of the trade.

He’s got talent, but he’s severely injury prone, an average kick and we’ve got a plethora of intercepting defenders, including Macreadie, as part of our list.

At his best he’s in our best 22, but he’s basically been a non-event since 2017.

No No No. Our situation now is list stability, we can add but we can’t extract - unless they are delisted. This is a time where belief and psychology are playing a huge part, every one of those guys needs to know they all belong at the Blues and they can all contribute to something special.

We also need to be wary that in years to come clubs will come knocking and targeting our talent - then and only then do we consider a trade because that’s when clubs will pay - when we have something they want.

We can’t allow a team to come and just pluck a super talented youngster from the list that we have built for sustained success. Keeping team unity and our you g talent is more important to us than Papley. There I said it.

Random discussion starter: Harry McKay would be more valuable at the trade table than Charlie Curnow. Discuss...

JUST A HYPOTHETICAL NOT SUGGESTING WE TRADE EITHER...

It is very close but I would go Mckay

Not impossible that they will be 1 and 2 in the comp in the near future, and McGovern top 15

From deano35 on TC.

Marchbank isn't going anywhere.
Clubs can only ask the question like West Coast do every year with Cripps.
You have a wishlist and work your way down.
Pick 8 will be enough IF the Giraffe leaves the ZOO
Good to hear the ratification of JD>Swans and Papley for 8. Hoping we can get a standalone deal done early, then Swans can fiddle around with Dodo all they want while we pick off our targets one by one.
I'm certainly not an ITK, but I've been told by someone that usually feeds me solid info that Jacobs is a done deal to Blues, UNLESS Geelong make him an offer, but nothing has been forthcoming... but this might change as Goldy has re-signed.
Still baffled by Cats' ruck target situation. They have like 14 on their list - at least a few of whom are solid citizens.

I dare say with Goldy now off the table, Flip's manager will give their list manager a call. Reckon the pull to finish his career with good mate Eddie and Teague at the Blues would be too much for Sauce, rather than Cats.

I agree this year will be Carlton preference, but thinking like Sydney, next year better draft, would expect pick 8-12. If I’m Sydney I’m wanting that.

Then let’s say Essendon get involved, is Carlton 2020 First more appealing than pick 8?

Then it makes things sticky for Carlton because if they trade the 2020 first instead of 8, without the AFL ticking it off they can’t trade a 2020 second & without a 2019 Martin becomes complicated & may end up with GC getting 8 with the Brisbane first for this year coming back

Since when is next year a better draft?

There's something like 15-18 father son/academy kids in the mix, and all the talk is that a fair chunk of the first round could be made up of those players. And if Sydney have a highly rated academy player, their preference would likely be to cash in a first rounder at the draft this year and load up some second rounders for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back