Game Day Collingwood v GWS Giants - Preliminary Finals — Sat 21 Sep, 4:35PM AEST, MCG

Who will Win?

• Collingwood by 30+ pts

Votes: 35 27.1%
  • Collingwood 10-30

Votes: 48 37.2%
  • Collingwood by <10

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • GWS Giants by <10

Votes: 12 9.3%
  • GWS Giants by 10-30

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • GWS Giants by 30+

Votes: 11 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully this week there will be more recognition of the lower draft picks and trades. Plenty of clubs could have had Sam Taylor, Sam Reid, Matt de Boer, Lachie Keeffe, Brent Daniels and Jeremy Finlayson, but all we hear about is the Ferrari.
Zac Williams was pick 54.
Adam Kennedy was passed over in his draft year.

But they only concentrate on Jezza or Kelly or Cogs etc.

I love all the ‘justice’ posts.. ARC gets one goal wrong but never mind the clear as day push out by findlayson in the ruck contest that gave them a goal.
Cos ‘justice’ has nothing to do with your own preconceived bias
Can they review a push free kick? They reviewed the goal and didn't reverse a clear touched......injustice

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

I don't get why people were getting such a kick out of Mayne's devastation after losing. What has he done to deserve it? He's always seemed really likable. Is it simply the testosterone kicking in seeing a bloke in tears?

Hopefully this week there will be more recognition of the lower draft picks and trades. Plenty of clubs could have had Sam Taylor, Sam Reid, Matt de Boer, Lachie Keeffe, Brent Daniels and Jeremy Finlayson, but all we hear about is the Ferrari.
Yeah. GWS now have the players who want to pull their sleeves up and do the hard work to allow the Ferrari players to do their job.

I don't get why people were getting such a kick out of Mayne's devastation after losing. What has he done to deserve it? He's always seemed really likable. Is it simply the testosterone kicking in seeing a bloke in tears?
Agree, the fact he did what he did last year was amazing when all collingwood supporters hated him.

You are probably right, however he seems to come up second a lot, it is also the history of the club, it is ingrained in the club.

they have an amazing record of coming second.

maybe they were already thinking about next week, almost everyone i know thought they were a shoe in
Great Win, the group of guys you assembled deserved the win my team were out played, Yep you are right we have a history something GWS don't, Sydney have history, Brisbane even have a history, West Coast supporters are crazy,Adelaide teams love the game and Fremantle still no wins but WA love footy, and if this was a Tassie team filling a boutique stadium with 24000 week in week out, it would be a great result, but GWS a team created to maybe give better TV deal, really no one cares they had to play crowd noise over a speaker at a home final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, the fact he did what he did last year was amazing when all collingwood supporters hated him.

Yeah, incredible mental endurance to completely reinvent himself as a player. Given the circumstances, I'm sure plenty of others simply would have walked away from the sport. I really like the bloke.

Yeah felt kinda sorry for him. Nothing against him personally. I have no real vested interest in rubbing it in now the game has ended.

Pretty average crowd for a prelim. Pies supporters didn’t show up.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
There were heaps camped out and queuing up for GF tickets. Some were there during the game.:drunk:
But yeah, you also have to take into account Brisbane had no supporter base unlike other clubs who would at least contribute 30,000 to the crowd.
MCC members, ticket prices. Had a mate who was saving up to take his family to the GF instead of the Prelim.LOL.

No you're right - Roughead, front on contact, not paid, GWS goal. Heath Shaw, holding the ball, all the players stopped, not paid, straight down the ground goal. Three of the five goals in your spurt in the third quarter from poor non calls for blatant frees.
Kissed on the dick again - like your throw against Brisbane for the winning goal.
Now please tell us about the Collingwood ones they were lucky with.

Congrats to the giants but you’re going to feel heartbreak next week... unfortunately

Not as much as Tigers fans if they lose I suspect. Tiges deserved faves, but write off GWS at your peril. I said the same before the Pies game, and say the same for the gf. GWS are hungry, dangerous and a real chance.

Yeah felt kinda sorry for him. Nothing against him personally. I have no real vested interest in rubbing it in now the game has ended.
It's really just a bad reflection on anyone posting online giving him s**t for his reaction after the game.

Also just makes them look like gooses when he's on $500k a year and they're potting him on a football forum because he teared up after losing a huge game lol.

Back