Game Day Richmond Tigers v GWS Giants - Grand Final - Sat 28 Sep, 2:30PM AEST, MCG

Tigers or Giants to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

From what I've read, Coniglio is an outside chance (probably a big risk bringing in an underdone player anyway) but Whitfield is a massive chance according to Leon Cameron. Him and Greene alone would be big inclusions.

They’ll have scapegoats if they want to risk it.

Would be awesome for Cogs to get close enough to capacity to get a spot.

Random question. But what would happen if in the first minute of the game every GWS player made a pact to punch a Richmond player in the jaw? Even if only 25% of the Richmond players got concussed as a result it would still mean an easy victory for GWS. Sure they would all get suspended for the first 6 to 8 rounds of 2020 but they would have the flag.

These are the things I think about :p
Conversely, I have a sneaky fantasy of Bachar channelling his inner Basher and taking out Toby Greene off the ball. Toby goes off with concussion, and as a bonus, Mark Latham's head explodes.

Can't see Tigers fans having much trouble securing GF tickets at least now.

Truth be told, I'm not sure beating GWS in a Granny would have the same jubilation that beating the Pies would, however. Conversely, losing to GWS would be easy to stomach as you're not going to run into many fans over the preseason.
Similar the the hawks knocking off weak teams in 13 and 15.
Gws are better than those teams though.

Lloyd, Reid, Keith are playing well, no?

Hill made a few mistakes buts pace and enthusiasm was good

gotta find someone else for Cogs if he plays - will be interesting if GWS get the mix right
Nope, will be Lloyd and Hill to make way

Lloyd is okay and fills a spot when needed but has to make way for Whitfield, no questions ask

Hill provides a spark but Greene is needed out there, provides a lot more

Neither Lloyd or Hill deserve to lose a spot, but there's no one else to make way.

Reid's versatility is probably what will keep him in the side and perhaps same for Keefe, if Cogs doesn't get up.

Lloyd, Reid, Keith are playing well, no?

Hill made a few mistakes buts pace and enthusiasm was good

gotta find someone else for Cogs if he plays - will be interesting if GWS get the mix right

For consistency Hill makes way; Daniels plays a similar role and GWS have midfielders they rotate forward.

Lloyd played well, but they’re going to have to make some hard calls to bring their stars in, and he’s one that could justifiably miss. Keefe, Reid, Kennedy other possibilities.

Going to be some stiff players, but it’s an unusual situation having up to three elite players coming back into the team for a Grand Final.

I don't think it will be a blowout. Giants showed they are a tough contested team. Been playing hard footy all this finals series. They still owe Richmond one from 2017. Hard to pick but it depends on the first quarter a lot. If they get rolled early it's going to be hard from there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair bit of talk about Mumford potentially going postal as it is his last game and has nothing to lose. And he might. Thing about Mummy is he is a big, slow target and I don't think a few Richmond players would mind missing a large chunk of next season if he did start throwing his weight around.
But the thing is Mumford has absolutely nothing to lose, Richmond potentially losing a handful of players to start next season starts them well behind the 8 ball.
One things for sure Mumford won't go quietly

But the thing is Mumford has absolutely nothing to lose, Richmond potentially losing a handful of players to start next season starts them well behind the 8 ball.
Maybe Richmond should play someone from the VFL with a licence to do the same. Take one for the team, you get to play in a Grand Final but you may miss a lot of next year!

if mummy starts trying to kill people surely the afl cant give richmond players 8 weeks bans?

that are they supposed to to stand their and get knocked out?

i assume Penny and Gale would take it to the high court to get a clean slate for the 2020 - third premiership of four efforts

Hopefully a repeat of round 3 for Martin.

Deboer didn’t play the last time thebteo teams met. Going to be a lot of heavy lifting for Cotchin, Prestia and Edwards.

Hopefully a repeat of round 3 for Martin.

Deboer didn’t play the last time thebteo teams met. Going to be a lot of heavy lifting for Cotchin, Prestia and Edwards.

Lambert.

Caddy will need to pull the fingers out

Hopefully Dimma grows some balls and brings in a Stack, Pickett, Ross type or two

For consistency Hill makes way; Daniels plays a similar role and GWS have midfielders they rotate forward.

Lloyd played well, but they’re going to have to make some hard calls to bring their stars in, and he’s one that could justifiably miss. Keefe, Reid, Kennedy other possibilities.

Going to be some stiff players, but it’s an unusual situation having up to three elite players coming back into the team for a Grand Final.
Daniels doesn't kick his 2 goals the last 2 weeks, GWS aren't in the GF.

Wouldn’t it just be terrific for the long suffering loyal supporters of the giants franchise if they won a premiership? Couldn’t sell 1000 tickets to a home final 2 weeks ago, I hope the tigers beat them by about 30 goals.
The epitome of a franchise, a manufactured team who have had this appearance handed to them on a platter. Wouldn’t surprise me to to see them get a dream run from the maggots next week.
Very disappointed for the Maggies would have been a great grand final.
100% correct. I hope the Tigers destroy them

Bump this post,Richmond forfeited a gf to North because they knew the umps were cheating,look at Razor Ray Friday night

They will bring in red cards if a Richmond player does it,pretty much every new rule has been brought in because of Richmond.

htb kb
deliberate joel bowden
hands in the back richo
2017 premiership 666 rule

#weareeveryonesgrandfinal
They brought in the slide tackle rule after Lindsay Thomas (North) vs Gary Rohan.

They brought in the new interchange rules after 19-man-gate in the North vs Sydney match.

So there's two off the top of my head that were brought in post-North.

They had to introduce tunneling rules after Sydney started doing it, including against Aaron Edwards (North) who broke his leg.

The deliberate rushed rule was brought in due to Hawthorn's use of it in the 08 Grand Final.

Pretty sure Aaron Pratt (North) was the first to get pinged for it the next year.

Average height in 2019 senior games:

188.8 GWS
188.7 N.M.
188.6 Carl
188.5 Coll
188.4 Geel
188.3 P.A.
188.2 G.C.
188.0 Bris
187.9 W.C.
187.8 Syd
187.8 St.K
187.5 Frem
187.4 Melb
187.2 Haw
187.2 Adel
187.1 W.B.
186.4 Ess
185.5 Rich

The big bullies picking on the little kids. Where's their inner lefty?

Where are these stats from?

Very interesting if accurate.

Back