Autopsy AFL 2023 Grand Final - Pies vs Lions Sat Sept 30th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 29 5.9%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 20 4.1%
  • Pies by 7-20

Votes: 116 23.6%
  • Lions by 7-20

Votes: 216 43.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 47 9.6%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 53 10.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Biggest ever comeback in a grand final at 3/4 is 24 points in 1984. They’d want to be a bit closer I’d reckon.
Maybe, but it's all mental. They'll both be knackered at that stage with the heat, in this scenario.
The crowd starts "Coooollingwoood, Coooollingwoood", get a quick goal or two, and tired Lions could try and save it, which won't end well if 20 points up with 15 minutes to go...

The majority of AFL supporters believe Carlton won flags while cheating- I’m not alone.
But by all means start a poll and let’s see.
See above where I asked you to stop trolling. We've had a bit of a laugh responding, but it's not welcome.

Please remember this is not the Bay.

Your lame attempts at trolling are not welcome here.

Thank you.
So I exposed your ignorance, with the Wiki extract proving Carlton had the biggest fines for Cap breaches, not Ess as you insisted, and now you’re accusing me of trolling.
Get a grip sport.

So I exposed your ignorance, with the Wiki extract proving Carlton had the biggest fines for Cap breaches, not Ess as you insisted, and now you’re accusing me of trolling.
Get a grip sport.
There is no way that stealing childrens hospitals is in any way less than any other sporting transgression. Check urself, muscles.

Get a grip sport.
I can do wiki extracts as well. I like the one the pretty much confirms that Collingwood fc wouldn't even exist in the league unless Carlton helped the "fledgling club". So show a bit of respect towards my club instead of bringing up salary cap indiscretions , which , by the way , pretty much every club did , but avoided penalties by putting their hands up and Carlton didn't. Screenshot_20231009_001607_Chrome.jpg

I can do wiki extracts as well. I like the one the pretty much confirms that Collingwood fc wouldn't even exist in the league unless Carlton helped the "fledgling club". So show a bit of respect towards my club instead of bringing up salary cap indiscretions , which , by the way , pretty much every club did , but avoided penalties by putting their hands up and Carlton didn't. View attachment 1825878
Thanks - good to know 😂

Last edited:
Why the hell has this thread descended into another "Carlton are bigger cheats than us" thread.
It's ancient news, and already been done to death.
Some people can't help themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, I feel like most Blues fans took the whack with dignity when they got busted. The Bombers fans were 1000x times more obnoxious coming to games in Mexican hats and praising the biggest cheat of them all Hird non stop. All while the AFL tried so hard to get them off with way less than what they deserved and complaining they were somehow treated unfairly when in any other sport the whole club would’ve been kicked out of the league for 2-4 years.

This off season has had me put Melbourne and Essendon above the Blues on my most hated list.

Get a grip sport.
Don't bother arguing with this piece of work , he banned me from other threads for having a different opinion . Everybody knows Carlton cheated to win flags and supporters like him can't handle the truth .

Why the hell has this thread descended into another "Carlton are bigger cheats than us" thread.
It's ancient news, and already been done to death.
Because Carlton fans can't handle the fact Collingwood just won the premiership . I can almost taste the salty tears of chief from here . Mmmmmmm they are delicious 😁

It’s just magnificent. The way they were teased in the 1st quarter of the prelim was icing on the September cake too. When you add to it Essendon not winning a final for the best part of 20 years - get your head around that, one of the big melb clubs not winning a final let alone a flag for 20 years- the afterglow of the flag doesn’t get much better for pies fans.
more than an afterglow. Fire still burning well and truly!!

It’s a borderline call.

Bailey is tracking Quaynor, and is moving away from Cox.

However he’s not exactly sprinting to follow him. I actually think Bailey knew exactly what he was doing and waiting for the moment to pounce.

I’m not 100% sure, but on the audio it sounds to me like the umpire instructing Bailey to stay out is the one boundary side, while the one who calls play on is towards the middle of the ground. I’m not sure if that made any difference.

However, if we’re talking borderline 50s then the Sidebottom one is also that.

Personally I don’t think there were that many obvious umpire errors. I think it was a well umpired game and the Pies were deserving premiers.
I think fifty metre penalties should be banned except for the very serious offences and I don't mean tackling and bumping.

They have become something that is disputed by a million views every game every week. And the toenail over the mark line

is a disgrace by some umpires and not in the spirit of the game, but a lot of umpiring is not in the spirit of the game.
I did love Sidebottoms kick though. He got a couple of rough houses that umps missed, but the 50 is about the sport itself, and it is used for the wrong reason.

Back