Autopsy AFL 2023 Second Preliminary Final - Lions v Blues Sat Sept 23rd 5:15pm EST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 57 23.0%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 47 19.0%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 111 44.8%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

And what colours do you think the vast majority of the remaining 66% will be wearing? It will be like a Collingwood home game. All I'm saying is that, we live with that for the GF (no choice). For the home prelim the crowd allocation should have been to our advantage . . . significantly.

Imagine the sh*tstorm if a big vic club got to host a prlim at the G against an interstate team and 40,000 tickets were allocated to the interstate team.

Well Geelong regularly play home finals at the oppo ground but that aside have you been to a GF before?

Honest question.

If there wasn't enough demand from Brisbane fans/members I'm not sure what the argument even is.

What I would have liked was a mechanism for our casual Brisbane fans to have a chance at a ticket but I can’t really even imagine a way that you could have done that.

And do you reckon it was majority Collingwood or..?

How many club members does Brisbane have? Add to that MCC and AFL members with Bris support.

I've never felt it one-sided at any of our GFs including when we played Haw and Coll.
It was a while ago, so memory is fading. But . . . it was two Vic teams so non-member casual Vic supporters would have split between the two. It felt to me like the crowd favored Collingwood numbers wise. I was supporting the Saints as I have a soft spot for them (they played in the first live game of AFL I ever went to)

It was a while ago, so memory is fading. But . . . it was two Vic teams so non-member casual Vic supporters would have split between the two. It felt to me like the crowd favored Collingwood numbers wise. I was supporting the Saints as I have a soft spot for them (they played in the first live game of AFL I ever went to)

Fair enough. I've heard it was pretty even from people who were there.

I can guarantee you 95% of "neutrals" won't be going for Collingwood.

Fair enough. I've heard it was pretty even from people who were there.

I can guarantee you 95% of "neutrals" won't be going for Collingwood.
well . .. maybe there will be some neutrals with a soft spot for the Roys of yore and some that would support Satan himself before Collingwood. Can only hope.

Just got home from Queensland.

That first Quarter was worrying but the Lions found a way to win really thought our curse in the Preliminary was going to happen again.

Was really impressed with Whipping boy Dizzy job on Curnow Kiddie was superb all night
Dunkley on Cripps and Andrews back to he's best on Mackay can't wait to be @ the MCG next Saturday hopefully we smash the Pies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least my team earnt the right to play finals and not gifted by the umpires. How sad is your club that it has so much top end talent but still can't make finals on its on merit.
To tell you the truth. Not that sad, but I don’t subscribe to your conspiracy theories.

But then again, I don’t wear tin foil hats and I don’t believe the Illuminati run the world.

But that’s the beauty of football. People of all different believes can come together and enjoy a common game.

Best of luck for next season. You guys have some pretty special top end talent too. Hopefully you continue your upward trajectory.

At least my team earnt the right to play finals and not gifted by the umpires. How sad is your club that it has so much top end talent but still can't make finals on its on merit.
LOL. Are you serious? You haven't won anything since 1966. And you want to comment?

Is this real? If it is he deleted it off his twitter page.

381472714_1511452436346884_2967965084175027315_n.png

So collingwood get 17K tickets to direct supporter PLUS 66,000 Victorian corporate flops. Lions fans will be lucky to occupy one section. Seems that VFL considered that allocating 50% of the tickets to Carlton last night was needed to Reduce the Lion's Gabba advantage. Thats fair . . .except that this was supposed to be a well earned HOME prelim . . .Lions were actually supposed to have a home ground advantage last night. Collingwood/GWS at the G? I did see one dude in that crowd of black and white waving an orange flag. The only GWS fan allocated a ticket. VFL are flogs.
Yet why were there only 36,000 when capacity is 42,000 ?

I don’t think they are going to be very mouthy anymore
The pretenders got found out so can go back to the land of self delusion .

Back