Autopsy AFL 2023 Grand Final - Pies vs Lions Sat Sept 30th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 29 5.9%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 20 4.1%
  • Pies by 7-20

Votes: 116 23.6%
  • Lions by 7-20

Votes: 216 43.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 47 9.6%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 53 10.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Biggest ever comeback in a grand final at 3/4 is 24 points in 1984. They’d want to be a bit closer I’d reckon.
Maybe, but it's all mental. They'll both be knackered at that stage with the heat, in this scenario.
The crowd starts "Coooollingwoood, Coooollingwoood", get a quick goal or two, and tired Lions could try and save it, which won't end well if 20 points up with 15 minutes to go...

Would just be exploited as well. Let everyone have a breather and set up a set play.

And goes against every rule change the AFL has made in the last 5 years under the direction of "speeding up play"

Needs to be a disincentive or it'll just be exploited. Free kick/50m
I'm not saying change anything, they have already changed it a few years ago, just leave it as is.

He has been picked to play ruck more than key forward for us, he was essentially picked as a defender in the GF just to defend another backman so we didnt lose another GF to a McGovern type intercept defender because we dont actually have a proper key forward to keep them occupied. If Hipwood wasnt being a complete spud we would have put Frampton in defense once Murphy went down but given Hipwood wasnt impacting we could just keep Frampton on Andrews.
He he has no clue how to lead so he will never be a forward, if forward was his only position he would probably be the worst player in the league. Back up defender/ruck he is fine and far from worst in the AFL, we've played worse players this season (Will Kelly)
I get what you’re saying, but my point is that Collingwood make him look good. He’s athletic and big and fits into your system and could be kind of serviceable.

When he played for us he was completely exposed because he couldn’t compete one on one and often struggled to one grab contested marks.

There’s a lot of very average players that would look decent in Collingwood’s side.

Like I said, conjecture and opinions, but the history books show that we weren't charged or penalised for 95.
You don't have to like it or agree with it, but that's what it says.
And yet Carl will always be the Cheat Champs. Only a fool would suggest that 1995 isn’t tainted given the history of Carlton’s repeated penalties for cheating.
No one buying that BS.

And yet Carl will always be the Cheat Champs. Only a fool would suggest that 1995 isn’t tainted given the history of Carlton’s repeated penalties for cheating.
No one buying that BS.
Look at you being all cute and thinking no other team gave illegal payments to their players. Adorable! I bet you think Essendon were the only club on the peptides. What a cutie pie 🥰

Look at you being all cute and thinking no other team gave illegal payments to their players. Adorable! I bet you think Essendon were the only club on the peptides. What a cutie pie 🥰
Nope - Carlton are the undisputed AFL Champions at cheating. As proven by the largest sanctions ever imposed on a team
And your flag count is appropriately smeared with the stench of cheating.

Still loving it. It feels like the day after again. Loved seeing that confetti after the game to with the Pies holding the cup.

Something I envisioned last year. Absolutely love it!

As proven by the largest sanctions ever imposed on a team
"The Bombers were fined $388,000 for both salary cap breaches and draft tampering and hit with a further $250,000 in back taxes by the ATO. The AFL also stripped Essendon of their first two picks in the 1999 national draft and froze them out of the pre-season and rookie drafts entirely."

Essendon got the GUMMINT involved!

"The Bombers were fined $388,000 for both salary cap breaches and draft tampering and hit with a further $250,000 in back taxes by the ATO. The AFL also stripped Essendon of their first two picks in the 1999 national draft and froze them out of the pre-season and rookie drafts entirely."

Essendon got the GUMMINT involved!
Just to refresh your memory and the unparalleled cheating by your club - from Wiki.

“In 2002, Carlton were fined an AFL and Australian sporting record $987,500 and forfeited their priority picks in the 2002 National Draft, their first and second round picks in the 2003 and 2004 National Draft and were excluded from the 2003 pre-season draft after an AFL investigation found that they had committed serious and systematic breaches of the salary cap regulations totaling $1.37 million between 1998 and 2001; ruckman Matthew Allan was suspended for five matches and fined $10,000 for accepting undisclosed payments from club officials. Carlton struggled for seven years as it recovered both on and off the field from these significant penalties, finishing no higher than 11th in 2004 and winning their first-ever wooden spoons in 2002, 2005 and 2006.”

A big surprise I know - your ignorance is embarrassing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just to refresh your memory and the unparalleled cheating by your club - from Wiki.

“In 2002, Carlton were fined an AFL and Australian sporting record $987,500 and forfeited their priority picks in the 2002 National Draft, their first and second round picks in the 2003 and 2004 National Draft and were excluded from the 2003 pre-season draft after an AFL investigation found that they had committed serious and systematic breaches of the salary cap regulations totaling $1.37 million between 1998 and 2001; ruckman Matthew Allan was suspended for five matches and fined $10,000 for accepting undisclosed payments from club officials. Carlton struggled for seven years as it recovered both on and off the field from these significant penalties, finishing no higher than 11th in 2004 and winning their first-ever wooden spoons in 2002, 2005 and 2006.”

'Struggled for 7 years'?

Was the Wikipedia entry written in 2009?

Only one club in the league, was proven to be over the salary cap when they won the flag. That club wasn't Carlton btw.;)

Given your history of cheating, no sensible supporter of the game thinks every Carlton flag has been above board.
That's your opinion buddy but nothing has been proven. The salary cap punishments only covered the 2000 and 2001 seasons.

Let's deal with the facts here not hearsay and conjecture.

Edit You're derailing the thread. Either start up another thread or discuss the matter with me via pm.

I’m relieved your not beating your dog. I suppose you’ve just got a broken TV after our flag win.
So all good.
Please remember this is not the Bay.

Your lame attempts at trolling are not welcome here.

Thank you.

That's your opinion buddy but nothing has been proven. The salary cap punishments only covered the 2000 and 2001 seasons.

Let's deal with the facts here not hearsay and conjecture.

Edit You're derailing the thread. Either start up another thread or discuss the matter with me via pm.
The majority of AFL supporters believe Carlton won flags while cheating- I’m not alone.
But by all means start a poll and let’s see.

Back