Autopsy AFL 2023 Second Elimination Final - Saints v GWS Sat Sept 9th 3:20pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 56 42.1%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 16 12.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Well played Giants they were the better team today and deserved to win.

Disappointing performance from us but still a great effort to make the finals with all our injuries and playing a lot of inexperienced kids.

The umpires didn't do us many favours but can't really blame them for us losing.

I still blame the AFL for spoon feeding them so many top draft picks though, hard for clubs like us to compete when we just get the scraps.

The Suns will get spoon fed some more top draft picks this year so expect them to play finals next year too, such a compromised comp.

The Saints will keep fighting the good fight though against the odds like we usually do so write us off at your peril, we will be back again.
You were doing so well.

Callum Brown was playing though.

He didn’t get pinged 3 times in the end, finding safety in a stoppage and if half your disposals end up in scores that’s not “vague”, that’s impact.

Certainly not his best game but someone like Butler or Cordy had a “stinker”, Greene was just below his normally elite standard.
Callum L. Brown, i.e., a de-listed small forward.

Score involvement's just mean you were involved in a scoring chain. Doesn't mean you have any meaningful impact on that actual score, and you can literally be involved in a scoring chain by chance. Don't confuse it with score assist.

You were doing so well.

Just speaking the truth, good luck for next week, I think you have a better shot at knocking off Port or Brisbane than we would have had.

With all those spoon fed top draft picks and a good coach in Kingsley you should be a good shot at beating anyone left and winning a flag.

Just a pity the AFL can't spoon feed you more supporters that will care about it.

What exactly did Toby Greene do?

I legit have no idea outside of some posts here.

Giants the real deal. The semi final result hardly a foregone conclusion.
Depends where it is. Give them less chance in Adelaide with an insane crowd against them, but at the Gabba with a more mild atmosphere I can see them causing some problems. Goes against Brisbane's Gabba form of course, but I think the crowd factor will play a massive part in how they perform next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well played Giants they were the better team today and deserved to win.

Disappointing performance from us but still a great effort to make the finals with all our injuries and playing a lot of inexperienced kids.

The umpires didn't do us many favours but can't really blame them for us losing.

I still blame the AFL for spoon feeding them so many top draft picks though, hard for clubs like us to compete when we just get the scraps.

The Suns will get spoon fed some more top draft picks this year so expect them to play finals next year too, such a compromised comp.

The Saints will keep fighting the good fight though against the odds like we usually do so write us off at your peril, we will be back again.
Remarkably sensible post from you!

Gws too good today. A sneaky chance. Saints needed to bring their best to beat them and they didn’t bring it. They tried hard all day. Will learn lots from this season and several good kids means their future looks better. A disappointing end to the year, but an improvement on last year.

Callum Brown was playing though.

He didn’t get pinged 3 times in the end, finding safety in a stoppage and if half your disposals end up in scores that’s not “vague”, that’s impact.

Certainly not his best game but someone like Butler or Cordy had a “stinker”, Greene was just below his normally elite standard.
1.2, 19 touches and 9 score involvements.

A down day and there's a handful of players that could put up that stat line.

He's the best player in the league. Has been for a while now. Nobody has his impact when on.

Just got back from the game. I went in pretty happy after going to watch Box Hill pull off the upset against Footscray in the VFL but geez, that was entertaining. The Saints had a crack but GWS were ultra impressive. Simply do not give a rats about who they play and where. Played for each other the whole game - so many little things to keep the ball moving forward. Terrific spread of goal kickers and absolutely no passengers. Plenty of other Hawks fans there that did the double and I reckon we're all jumping on the bandwagon.

RTB knew coming into the season that the list needed improvement. Found some good players this year and overachieved. He’ll attack the draft and should be able to add a couple decent players through trades.

Back