Autopsy AFL 2023 Second Semi Final (Week 2) - Port v GWS Sat Sept 16th 7:10pm EST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 21.9%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 49 46.7%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Was Bedford's mum wasted ?
Missed it at the time, but she's pretty merry at bare minimum haha.
Good on her, her boy got a good deal, is cemented in the ones and he's through to a prelim. Fair few of us might give it a nudge in her shoes.

closer to a 5 day break given we don’t get home until tomorrow.
Did they factor that into next week's Saturday game early start time?
If so, should have been something similar tonight.

ken-hinkley-is-staying-at-port-v0-zw5w3jait5ib1.jpg

Missed it at the time, but she's pretty merry at bare minimum haha.
Good on her, her boy got a good deal, is cemented in the ones and he's through to a prelim. Fair few of us might give it a nudge in her shoes.

And yet she still sounds more coherent than Jobe when he commentates

That was just pathetic..

he made a big huff and puff and just acted like a complete dick.. and the umpire simply told him to come back onto his line which was a metre in front of where the chair was.

in the end his desperate attempt to make a big fuss about it probably cost him the goal too as instead of spending his time getting focused to take the shot he was too busy focused on being a complete flog.

if I was his coach I would've dragged him for that and screamed at him to pull his fxxkn head in. cost the team and made himself look stupid in the process.

Disappointed with the way Port piss- blasted that game away. Could've at least caused one bruise on one GWS player before we have to play them next week.

Its harsh but you just have to say that the Port playing group really let Kenny and Kochie down.
Well done to Kenny Hinkley for getting this average group into the top 4 this year. Gotta be in coach of year contention.
There is no way Hinkley is coach of the year. Kingsley a mile better, Voss for getting into a prelim, or Ross Lyon take your pick

I reckon the AFL might be heading for their worst nightmare. Instead is a Collingwood Carlton fap fest where they wheel out every former player from both teams & wallow in the the Vic power clubs returning to their rightful places of glory & half of Melbourne turning out for the parade they might be getting a GWS Brisbane GF. Imagine how much bile the media, especially the old boys club commentators will have to swallow trying to pretend to be excited about it.
Yes I think GWS can take the Pies if they don’t get overwhelmed & show the same class & skills they did tonight. They actually made Port look silly at times tonight with the ease & precision of their forward entries & despite all the laughs Port are not a bad side. GWS schooled them in every area of the ground. Their clean bal handling, the way they always had outlets around the contest & just how well organized they were, particularly in defense was superb to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Giants haven’t had much Friday night of late, Anzac weekend at Manuka last year was the most recent. The Lions in 99 didn’t get a Friday till the away prelim either.

Must be depressing at times for Port fans. Been top 3 H&A in 8 seasons (plus 2014 the narrow prelim loss after sliding to 5th). Yet they only have 1 flag to show for it. It seems like every finals series they get a cruel rude awakening or tragic loss. Never exit simply, it usually hurts on the way out.

Collingwood is 0-3 in prelims against NSW sides (2012, 2019, 2022).
Yep unfortunately it's all the players fault. Not that untenable ken guy, definitely not him.

GWS get a 6 day break. Probably a step too far
Really really unfair that it’s a Friday night game.
Do GWS stay in Melbourne ? Surely they planned ahead and just straight there to prepare

I don't get Port supporters being so down on Hinkley and their team. Honestly!

It's pretty obvious that Port are currently missing a few pieces of the puzzle team wise which they seem to be endeavouring to address in the upcoming trade period. But when you are missing those pieces, they become more exposed than ever in finals. GWS was the all round better team on the night and the result showed.

Add to that, a few Port players carrying injuries or niggles into the game and not 100%.

Blaming their 2 finals losses on Ken when the players have clearly played for him all season, achieving more than what most people would have expected at the start of the season is just silly.

The moment when you realise GWS are about to play in more Prelims over the course of their history than Fremantle.

GWS' ability to consistently win finals on a regular basis has always impressed me.
And since Freo have been in the competition how many of the other sides have played more prelim finals than GWS? North Melbourne? Essendon? Carlton? I'm sure its a decent list.

Get back to me when Freo have been given as many first round draft picks as GWS. Every year some of their first rounders go home to Victoria and they top up with more from the elite end of the draft. It would be weird if they hadn't been successful.

Or when we've existed long enough to be gifted father son players for 2/5 bugger all like the Vic Clubs. Half the reason Collingwood is so good at the moment is they have Darcy Moore & 2 of the most talented players in the league called Daicos you got on the cheap. Clubs like the Pies can trade out their top picks for future selections or whatever knowing they can bundle up a bunch of crap and still draft the best 18 year old player in the land.

We couldn't even have Jesse Motlop from our academy because the AFL decided to change the system after the Bulldogs got JUH for nothing after already receiving Libba, Darcy and however many other essentially free top 10 level players they have on their list.

The script was completely flipped in midfield from their encounter just a few weeks earlier.

I'm just trying to get my head around this.

Butters, Rozee, Horne-Francis, Wines

Round 22: 42 contested possessions, 24 clearances, 32 score involvements, 4 goals and 4 goal assists (430 Fantasy points
Semi Final: 25 contested possessions, 10 clearances, 20 score involvements, 1 goal and 0 goal assists (273 Fantasy points)

Green, Coniglio, Kelly, Ward

Round 22: 32 contested possessions, 13 clearances, 23 score involvements, 3 goals and 4 goal assists (339 fantasy points)
Semi Final: 47 contested possessions, 22 clearances, 33 score involvements, 3 goals and 3 goal assists (376 fantasy points)

In round 22, the Port mids thrashed GWS for everything except direct goals and assists - which were even. In the final, the Giants mids thrashed Port for everything including goals and assists.

Port's Brownlow medalist, 2023 AAs - one the current AFLCA champion - and future star simply didn't turn up against the Giants midfielders who have one career AA selection between them.

Back