Autopsy AFL 2023 First Semi Final (Week 2) - Demons v Blues Fri Sept 15th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 67 33.2%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 73 36.1%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 16 7.9%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

A bit hard to be in the top goal scorers when you're being an elite defender. He only moved to attack late. And played pretty well there. Kicked 6 against the tigers so had to be doing something right.
I think Richmond did the rest of the comp a favour by being a cooked side that let a hack kick 6. Melbourne actually think they have sorted their forward line issues.🤣🤣🤣

I thought the Dees did an amazing job keeping up with us, they should be proud of making it such a contest. Top 4 side vs 6th place and they pushed us right until the end.
You're lucky they left the door open long enough for Carlton to pinch it.

Yeah we played the pies and lost by a goal. Who'd you guys play? Sydney? Who shouldn't even be playing finals. There's finals and then there's finals.
Have you ever tried attending a game like an actual supporter instead of sitting at home typing on your screen? You might learn something if you actually watched.

First time I've ever seen them do that.
I was watching on Foxtel. No ads, no replays.
Not saying there's anything in it, or that it wasn't touched. Just very odd to not show a single replay of it. Even for the broadcast.
That's how they do all the non-referred goal checks. Every goal is checked in the break. If they see some dubious footage by the time the ball is about to be bounced they will stop it and do a standard goal review where they might show multiple angles like a normal review. But if they're comfortable and have picked it in the time they've been reviewing, they'll just show the definitive point and get back to the goal umpire.

Wtf are you on about? I quite literally posted your top 5 goal scorers from the past 3 seasons.

Didn’t ignore anyone. Had Petty or Melksham been in any of those lists their names would have been posted.

Claiming that Melbourne were missing their entire forward line is about as honest an appraisal as most of the complete and utter shite you post.

Also ignores we were missing mckay and Martin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My memory may not be serving me well here, but I seem to recall just the week before, Collingwood only just hung on to win against the Dees, when they again couldn’t hit the side of barn.

And that was a Collingwood team at close to full strength, with not too many notable “Injuries shminjuries”, barring Nick Daicos.

And I vaguely recall Carlton may have beaten Collingwood in their most recent meeting in Round 20, again whilst missing a pretty big key component to our forward line and midfield.

Yes not same caliber as pies apparently but we did beat them also, and Dees were also expected score/moral victors/spirit of football winners v pies in the qualifying final.

Whatever happens the Blues are back.

Happy club, success expected and lots of improvement to come

After 28 years of crap I am a very happy Blues supporter 😎

PS if we play our best we can beat anyone. Next week to two we are a real chance
Pigs arse

Back