Autopsy AFL 2023 First Semi Final (Week 2) - Demons v Blues Fri Sept 15th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 67 33.2%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 73 36.1%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 16 7.9%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne-vs-Carlton.png

AFL 2023 FIRST SEMI FINAL
MELBOURNE V CARLTON

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 15TH 7:50PM EST (MCG)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Best score each round wins a Premium Platinum memberships!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams
DEMONS

B: Lever, Tomlinson, Bowey
HB: McVee, May, Salem
C: Hunter, Oliver, Langdon
HF: Jordon, Fritsch, Petracca
F: Sparrow, McDonald, Neal-Bullen

I/C: Spargo, Rivers, Smith, Chandler
EMG: Grundy, Hibberd, Laurie, Schache

IN: Tomlinson, Jordon, Spargo
OUT: Hibberd (omitted), van Rooyen (suspension), Brayshaw (injured), Laurie (sub)

BLUES
B: Kemp, Weitering, Newman
HB: Cincotta, McGovern, Saad
C: Acres, Cripps, Cottrell
HF: Docherty, De Koning, Owies
F: Fogarty, Curnow, Motlop
FOL: Pittonet, Cerra, Walsh

I/C: Marchbank, Hewett, Cunningham, Kennedy
EMG: Dow, Hollands, Fisher, Durdin

IN: Kennedy
OUT: Martin (suspension), McKay (injured)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:
This is nothing more than an exhibition match unfortunately.

Both teams will hammer it out with one team (nfi who) getting up by a goal or two, only to have their arses handed to them at the 'Gabba the following week.

No chance dees win if they can't fix their forwardline. They just close their eyes and bomb it to nobody with no real plan. Blues defence will eat that up all day long.

If TMac is out there and plays like he did vs the Pies I'd pencil this in for a Blues win. Have always liked him as a player over the years but my god he looked beyond cooked on Thursday, Weitering will eat him alive in current form.

Midfield battle should be good, actually think the Blues with a fit Cerra, Walsh and Hewett will get on top there. Clarry playing like a busted ass atm despite stuffing the stat sheets as always.

All depends on which stars are firing on the night for both teams though.

If TMac is out there and plays like he did vs the Pies I'd pencil this in for a Blues win. Have always liked him as a player over the years but my god he looked beyond cooked on Thursday, Weitering will eat him alive in current form.

Midfield battle should be good, actually think the Blues with a fit Cerra, Walsh and Hewett will get on top there. Clarry playing like a busted ass atm despite stuffing the stat sheets as always.

Things are real bad for the Demons that not only is TMac likely to play but they may even have to bring in Grundy due to shortages.

Ralph Wiggum Danger GIF

This could go either way depending on which version of each team shows up.
Blues will be missing Harry and Martin, with Kennedy and Silvagni looming as possible replacements, but both coming off little footy in recent weeks/months.
Dees will miss Brayshaw and JVR and could look to bring Grundy back in.

For Blues, Cripps and Acres are both also likely to continue to play while clearly injured, which could backfire if they go down mid game, or can't perform on the night, but I guess you have to throw everything you can at it.

If by some miracle our Lawyers weave some magic again and JSOS is fit to play (and play well, not just hobble about) then I reckon we win this week comfortably. Not sure how we'll go without the two of them if it goes the other way though.

For Blues, Cripps and Acres are both also likely to continue to play while clearly injured, which could backfire if they go down mid game, or can't perform on the night, but I guess you have to throw everything you can at it.
I'm not so sure about that. With bruised ribs, while they take a while to heal, they gradually get better even if he gets bumped there from time to time. He's not as bad as he was during the GC game, so I expect him to get better the more he plays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not so sure about that. With bruised ribs, while they take a while to heal, they gradually get better even if he gets bumped there from time to time. He's not as bad as he was during the GC game, so I expect him to get better the more he plays.
Hope so, but I'm not sure about it just being bruising. Club refused to say what it was (unless I missed them confirming).
I wouldn't be surprised if they were cracked. The size of the padding he had on vs GC and still had padding Friday night, some 3 weeks later and clearly below his usual standards.
Only 3 clearances is very telling.

Hope so, but I'm not sure about it just being bruising. Club refused to say what it was (unless I missed them confirming).
I wouldn't be surprised if they were cracked. The size of the padding he had on vs GC and still had padding Friday night, some 3 weeks later and clearly below his usual standards.
Only 3 clearances is very telling.
No way they're cracked, wouldn't be playing otherwise. The risk of a lung puncture is just too great, then you'll be seeing him out for the rest of the season. I think the term I saw being thrown around is "rib cartilage injury", which take longer than a simple bruising to heal since they don't get as much blood supply.

Dees will bounce back just need to be smarter and actually look for targets instead of just bombing and hoping which they have done for the last two years. They are so Lucky they have may and lever in there side. Martin is a huge out for Carlton. I have a feeling Carlton will be kicking majority of there i50’s entry’s to Curnow and lever and May will be onto this pretty quickly.

Either way both teams won’t make the grand final as they have no chance against Brisbane at the Gabba

Dees will bounce back just need to be smarter and actually look for targets instead of just bombing and hoping which they have done for the last two years. They are so Lucky they have may and lever in there side. Martin is a huge out for Carlton. I have a feeling Carlton will be kicking majority of there i50’s entry’s to Curnow and lever and May will be onto this pretty quickly.

Either way both teams won’t make the grand final as they have no chance against Brisbane at the Gabba
This is where the Dees will miss Brayshaw. If they play like they did against the Pies, Weitering, Kemp, Marchbank and McGovern will feast on intercepts, like Moore, Murphy and Quaynor.

Whilst I agree that we could have a similar issue with focusing too heavily on Curnow, he have shown that we have other avenues to score. Charlie only kicked 1 against the Swans and Harry got none. Half of our win streak was done without Harry and with Curnow being the main focus, including our last win against them, which was also done without Walsh and Cerra.
As good as the Dees are (or I think they are), you don't often need to kick big scores against them.

Not saying we will win, but it's certainly feasible.

I've got the Blues winning this by a goal or two. Just feel that the Dees will run out of legs in the second half, similar to last year.

Blues to then surprise the AFL world by beating the Lions at the GABBA, to make the GF vs the Pies.

I've got the Blues winning this by a goal or two. Just feel that the Dees will run out of legs in the second half, similar to last year.

Blues to then surprise the AFL world by beating the Lions at the GABBA, to make the GF vs the Pies.
Defeating the Bears up there would be one for the ages the way you guys are performing. Still think it'll be Brissie v Scum grannie with Brisbane winning easily.

Defeating the Bears up there would be one for the ages the way you guys are performing. Still think it'll be Brissie v Scum grannie with Brisbane winning easily.
Only if Brisbane can win at the mcg!!!

Plus as history shows most grand final losses for the pies tend to be under a goal

This is nothing more than an exhibition match unfortunately.

Both teams will hammer it out with one team (nfi who) getting up by a goal or two, only to have their arses handed to them at the 'Gabba the following week.

Don't attempt to lump Carlton in with your rabble.

We've won 11 of the last 12, and the only loss was a round 24 dead rubber where we shut up shop after Charlie got the coleman.

We also have list balance - a functioning forward line, significantly better midfield, and a top 4 backline.

Conditions will be perfect for the cream to rise. Blues by 40+.

We're also the best chance of anyone left to knock of the Lions at the Gabba too.

All depends on which stars are firing on the night for both teams though.
Tmac has been cooked for a while.

With Van Rooyen out he is the only fit KPF we have other than Schache

Doesn't Bode well for us

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Back