Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 22 - Pies v Cats Fri August 11th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 26 38.8%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The kind of detail a Carlton supporter wouldn’t go to if it was any other team on the receiving end
Don't flatter yourself.
I couldn't care about the teams. I look at this stuff all the time regardless of who's playing. It also benefits my team more for the Pies to win.

Although I noticed that instead of disputing the argument, you're just trying to downplay and discredit the source.

I'll make it easy for you, De Goey has easily outperformed Elliott in the finals. In fact, he and Pendlebury elevate their usual output once the real stuff begins.
You can essentially chalk in De Goey for 25 disposals and a goal in every final coming up.

Asking one question and then seemingly answering it for someone using a completely different question doesn't make anything easier haha. I'm very confident JDG has indeed outperformed Elliott in finals and that it could be easily demonstrated. If that's the official definition of More Clutch, you can count on my vote for JDG. It seems though that it would be simpler to say JDG has a better finals performance record than Elliott, no? Saves trying to shoehorn one made-up title into another made-up title more weighted toward recency and end-of-game match-winning goals.

Clearly angles are something you are not familiar with.

But let's humour you and say your correct, he still juggled the ball over the line anyway and it should have been a throw in.

Just completely inept from all the umps tonight.
Feel free to educate me (all of us). I'm more than happy to admit mistakes or improve my knowledge when something of substance is offered. So...

Chris Scott has the nerve to complain about the bounce but is fine with the two jezza goals lmao

Asking one question and then seemingly answering it for someone using a completely different question doesn't make anything easier haha. I'm very confident JDG has indeed outperformed Elliott in finals and that it could be easily demonstrated. If that's the official definition of More Clutch, you can count on my vote for JDG. It seems though that it would be simpler to say JDG has a better finals performance record than Elliott, no? Saves trying to shoehorn one made-up title into another made-up title more weighted toward recency and end-of-game match-winning goals.
Don't even know why you're bothering with this guy. He's an idiot.

Anyway, another round of applause to these two teams who either play the best games of the season, or the worst. Besides the clashes against the historic other big four clubs, the lead-up to and including games against Geelong is always a pleasure to experience as a Pies member.

Honestly who cares. Both sides had important injuries, the better side won, it was a decent and fairly competitive game.
Agreed.

I’m just responding to those having a whinge about commentators commenting on injuries. Woop di doo, they spoke about Collingwood’s injuries yet people do the whole ‘what about my team what about my team’ nonsense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that’s pretty much how our season should finish up to be honest. If we win next two and make it, I‘ll hope but know it’ll be false deep down. Need to take stock, take the lessons learnt and try and contend again.
You can win your next 2 and still finish 10th. I agree, that would be a fair reflection Of your season.

He signalled a behind then called it a goal.
The ump tapping their chest is not signalling a behind; it is signalling “Mine”. As in I had a clear site and I could make the decision to the boundary umps. It usually is done for a behind because it signals for the boundaries that they don’t need to get the ball and return it to the centre. In this case, Rodan signals to the boundaries ump that they don’t need to return the ball to the centre, not because it was a behind but because being game over the boundary umps don’t need to return a ball to the centre. He was being a technical smarty pants.

Last edited:
Would love to hear your theory around whether Cameron’s last goal of the third and first of the last quarter were actually goals or OOB.

First one looked out but so did Tom Mitchell’s mark a few minutes earlier by the same boundary.

Second one was I thought play on but I also thought Elliot had played on v Port Adelaide over the line.

The mark to Miochek was very bad as they umpire had a clear view.

They then didn’t pay Cameron’s which was clearly a mark.

Then not pay Rattas and pin him for holding the ball.

I think they're tracking along fine.

Holmes is only about to reach 50 games next week. How many footballers are stars in their first 50 games?
De Koning 40 games, Bruhn 48 games, Stengle 58 games, Henry 45 games. These guys already look like they belong so imagine pumping another 40 games into them.
It was the midfield they were discussing.

I guess it's time the wheel turned for Geelong... you've had two decades of all-time greats going through your midfield, time for a few years of being a middling club (I hope).

They asked him if the Cameron one was out of bounds

"I didnt see it hand on heart , but those that know a lot about the game said it wasnt out " LO
First one looked out but so did Tom Mitchell’s mark a few minutes earlier by the same boundary.

Second one was I thought play on but I also thought Elliot had played on v Port Adelaide over the line.

The mark to Miochek was very bad as they umpire had a clear view.

They then didn’t pay Cameron’s which was clearly a mark.

Then not pay Rattas and pin him for holding the ball.

On the second Cameron one no one is questioning Close playing on - people are questioning how Cameron can receive a handball while both he and then ball are out of bounds. This is an unquestionably incorrect call.

See the picture below your post for clear evidence.

Regards

S. Pete

Impressive Pies. Fantastic.

Those chasing teams, need to keep plotting. There's still a gap.

Qtr2 pressure, phenomenal from Collingwood.

View attachment 1771536
No, it wasn’t a dream. Last night we saw the worst umpiring decision in the history of the AFL/VFL.
While this non-decision is very, very bad - it isn’t quite as bad as the non-decision involving Sydney and Essendon and Rampe shaking the post. That non-decision cost a team (Essendon) the game and affected the order of the final eight.

Regards

S. Pete

Back