Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 22 - Pies v Cats Fri August 11th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 26 38.8%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Coll-vs-Geelong.png

1st v 9th

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 22
COLLINGWOOD V GEELONG
FRIDAY AUGUST 11TH 7:50PM EST (M.C.G.)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Best score each round wins a Premium Platinum memberships!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams
PIES

B: J. Howe, D. Moore - C, I. Quaynor
HB: B. Maynard, N. Murphy, W. Hoskin-Elliott
C: J. Noble, J. Crisp, J. Daicos
HF: S. Pendlebury, B. Mihocek, T. Adams
F: J. Elliott, D. McStay, B. McCreery
FOLL: D. Cameron, J. De Goey, T. Mitchell

I/C: P. Lipinski, B. Frampton, B. Hill, O. Markov
EMG: E. Allan, J. Ginnivan, A. Johnson, M. Cox

IN: W. Hoskin-Elliott, B. Frampton
OUT: S. Sidebottom (Injured), N. Daicos (Injured), A. Johnson (Omitted)

CATS
B: J. Kolodjashnij, E. Ratugolea, J. Bowes
HB: Z. Guthrie, S. De Koning, T. Stewart
C: M. Duncan, T. Bruhn, I. Smith
HF: G. Miers, J. Cameron, O. Henry
F: B. Close, S. Neale, T. Stengle
FOLL: R. Stanley, P. Dangerfield - C, T. Atkins

I/C: M. O’Connor, M. Holmes, Z. Tuohy, G. Rohan
EMG: B. Parfitt, O. Mullin, S. Menegola, J. Bews

IN: S. Neale
OUT: J. Henry (Injured), B. Parfitt (Sub)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:
Hopefully reverse the round 1 result this time. Cats need to keep winning to make finals so need to be ready to bring the heat.

Ordinarily, i would pick Collingwood to win this as Geelong play them into form again. However, as much as i hate to say it i am a big fan of Nick Daicos and his loss will be immeasurable. He has been the major difference with Collingwood this year, even without Blicsavs and Hawkins the Cats should win by 19 points.
* With Jack Henry now out for the season and will miss this game, i've changed my mind. Pies by 15 points.

Last edited:
If Melbourne and/or Brisbane win 2 more games than Collingwood they'll likely have better % by end of season too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong's midfield is a mess. We were very lucky to beat Port who are struggling and undermanned down in Geelong. I'm surprised the betting markets see this as anywhere near 50/50.

Geelong's midfield is a mess. We were very lucky to beat Port who are struggling and undermanned down in Geelong. I'm surprised the betting markets see this as anywhere near 50/50.

Traditionally Collingwood have always been at their most dangerous when their backs have been against the walls (well during the Pendlebury/Sidebottom era)

The Pies were flat as a tack v Hawthorn, but Geelong's form line lately hasn't been great either.

The injury to Naicos probably gives The Cats the slight edge, but it's a genuine 50/50 contest.

Geelong supporters (and players) should beware of a Wounded Magpie.

Traditionally Collingwood have always been at their most dangerous when their backs have been against the walls (well during the Pendlebury/Sidebottom era)

The Pies were flat as a tack v Hawthorn, but Geelong's form line lately hasn't been great either.

The injury to Naicos probably gives The Cats the slight edge, but it's a genuine 50/50 contest.

The loss of Naicos only means the score line may be closer.

Return to form of Jezza Cameron won’t be enough.

Pies by 17

Battle of the strugglers by the looks. Who knows? Three weeks ago the flag was the pies to lose- now it’s not that easy and they might have to find something to knock off the pretty ordinary cats. Hope they both find some form and it’s a good contest. Two great teams to watch when they are right.

Assuming Hawkins isn’t playing, I can’t see us winning this if Cameron doesn’t produce something close to his best.

He looks at the moment like a great batsman who is finding ways to spend time in the middle and plays a couple of nice shots and you think ‘here we go he’s finding his touch’ and then gets dismissed without making much of an impact.

Henry played an awesome game on Saturday and Miers was simply fantastic but against a team as good as Collingwood they can’t do it themselves, Cameron needs to have an impact.

Not sure about this "wounded magpie" talk. So Collingwood are missing one of their top 6 players. But Geelong are likely missing 3 (Blicavs, Guthrie and Hawkins).

Richmond lifted in 19 without Alex Rance.
Not over for the Pies just yet.

Quite only quite feeling that the Pies to finally re bound and bounce back after 2 weeks of hell.

Finally some thing to give and click again.

Again we are wounded.

We fight back its that simple.

Back