Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 20 - Collingwood v Carlton Fri July 28th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 21.9%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 13.3%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 40 38.1%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I absolutely hated that and it has come back to bite very quickly

Win a flag before you talk like that
It feels as though Collingwood have gotten ahead of themselves a bit lately. Obviously can only talk about on-field, but they are trying way too many globetrotter type moves with little flick ons, corridor kicks, going fast when they shouldn't. Just need to keep it a bit more stable at times, obviously still on top the ladder but yeah, I thought last night they went for way too many fancy passes/kicks instead of the basics that cost them turnovers.

It feels as though Collingwood have gotten ahead of themselves a bit lately. Obviously can only talk about on-field, but they are trying way too many globetrotter type moves with little flick ons, corridor kicks, going fast when they shouldn't. Just need to keep it a bit more stable at times, obviously still on top the ladder but yeah, I thought last night they went for way too many fancy passes/kicks instead of the basics that cost them turnovers.
That's the game style, it suits our list as our spine is not great but we've got a lot of very skilful players, and it does get results usually, but you don't come out and say stuff like that unless you've got at least one cup in the cabinet.

No way.
Durdin comes in you lose an Otties or Martin. He’s ok but he’s not automatic.
Same Boyd.
Williams has been pretty bad.
Silvagni is always dropped. So he can’t be mentioned.
Who are the 8 you take out? If you can show me that I might concede.
Walsh for Hewett
Kennedy for Dow
McKay over TDK
Boyd over Marchbank
JSOS over Fogarty

That's probably our best 22 right now.

Williams over Cincotta would be preferred but he's obviously done for the season.

Darcy Moore needs to spend less time with the Collingwood marketing team practicing his grand final speech and instead get out on the track learning to defend one on on :)

If you were Nick Daicos's manager you would be turning up at his house at 7am Monday and driving him into the club to get that bumper contract signed ASAP before they rip it away from him :)

If that’s his inside game he needs to get back on the one / two handball receive game that he has dominated.
Got smashed up tonight by some inside monsters. To be expected at this stage.
Don’t think he has a natural instinct to “go and get it” at this point of his career.
Going to be interesting to see how this part of his game develops as he gets his body hard over the next couple of pre-seasons.
Aside from that “real thirst for the contest” at this point has all the tools to become a generational talent.

I agree. I reckon at this stage, he goes back to HB or possibly moved to HF so Fly maximises on his current strengths come September. Have the inside bulls in Adams and Mitchell in the trenches with JDG and Pendles.

The only issue is you need that breakaway midfielder to receive off these guys and burst out of the pack, which is something Daicos does well.

First year or teeth year, he's playing afl footy. He's an adult, he's playing against adults. The last goal of the night that adams kicked, the play leading up was a cillingwood player kicking the ball from near the boundary on the half forward frank. Nick was in space all on his own inside forward 50, about 30 out from goal. All he had to do was jump up and take and uncomtrsted mark, what did he decide to do? Duck his head assuming contact was coming. Maybe he saw that chip that I must have thrown on the ground for him.🤣

The fact you’re getting joy is actually quite sad 😂 goes to show you’re one of those social media trolls/nuffies who isn’t appreciating the talent infront of your eyes. What a shame you will probably look back, complimenting his career in 15 years time but never having truly enjoyed him bursting out of the blocks like this because you wanted to get some lols on social media by potting a special young talent.

Are you serious??? You lot have bagged the s**t out of our club, players, coach etc for months and you can't take the slightest criticism of one player.

Come on mate, I’ve said he wasn’t at his best, I’m accepting of criticism when it’s warranted. I’m responding to posters who are saying his game was ‘horrific’. Did you think his overall game was horrific yesterday? If you do, then we’ll disagree and I’ll continue to defend the kid. No big deal.

Ok, so the ‘best player in the comp played well’, you had no injuries and you still got done by an under strength ‘mid table side’

Not sure what your point is.

Probably need to settle. Even Collingwood supporters haven’t carried on as much as some of the Baggers supporters have in the last fortnight. It’s great to get excited but the Carlton swagger/arrogance is out of control. I do love it though and am happy for a lot of the BF Blues posters, but will still be here defending my boys. Hey, at least I am here after a loss 🙂

Dont give us much of a chance without Walsh and Harry as well as Jack who is pivotal structure wise and very under rated.

The ins are good but one has to wonder how fit they are and as usual 1 at least will go down injured before half time. 🧐🤨🤪

Pies by about 4-5 goals as they jump us early and maintain the margin throughout.
Yeah...

in Bizarro World!

It’s funny the win was by 17 as Curnow got 3 goals from bullshit frees in the last.
Actually there was one I was sus on but then they showed another angle and the Pies player was clearly gripping Curnow's arm like it was a VB longneck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree. I reckon at this stage, he goes back to HB or possibly moved to HF so Fly maximises on his current strengths come September. Have the inside bulls in Adams and Mitchell in the trenches with JDG and Pendles.

The only issue is you need that breakaway midfielder to receive off these guys and burst out of the pack, which is something Daicos does well.

The fact you’re getting joy is actually quite sad 😂 goes to show you’re one of those social media trolls/nuffies who isn’t appreciating the talent infront of your eyes. What a shame you will probably look back, complimenting his career in 15 years time but never having truly enjoyed him bursting out of the blocks like this because you wanted to get some lols on social media by potting a special young talent.

Come on mate, I’ve said he wasn’t at his best, I’m accepting of criticism when it’s warranted. I’m responding to posters who are saying his game was ‘horrific’. Did you think his overall game was horrific yesterday? If you do, then we’ll disagree and I’ll continue to defend the kid. No big deal.

Probably need to settle. Even Collingwood supporters haven’t carried on as much as some of the Baggers supporters have in the last fortnight. It’s great to get excited but the Carlton swagger/arrogance is out of control. I do love it though and am happy for a lot of the BF Blues posters, but will still be here defending my boys. Hey, at least I am here after a loss 🙂
No I don't think his game was horrific. The kid is a star and is only going to get even better. When you play regularly at his high standard, quieter games stand out.

Another choke by Lachie Neale when it counted. Perhaps spend more time in your own thread supporting your own team.

This is the main board chum. Perhaps you should go back to the Collingwood board if you need your safe space.

This is the main board chum. Perhaps you should go back to the Collingwood board if you need your safe space.

Someone is hurting. Love it. Lions may not hang on to top 4 the way they are going. Gold Coast are now clearly the best team in Queensland

Back