Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 18 - Demons v Lions Fri July 14th 7:50pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 35 47.3%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Love your username, great game.

Don't understand why you talk trash though. Kicked your arse in 2021 and went on to win a flag. What have you done since then? Beat us then lost a prelim? Well done.

How was I talking trash?

The guy said Hipwood never plays well in a big game and I pointed out that he literally did so in a big game vs you guys last year. Read comments in context.

I don't think its an MCG thing. We struggle defending leads in these situations, similar thing happened (almost) after the lights went out earlier this season, and last year against Richmond, we struggle with hands off footy I believe. If it was a couldn't play the MCG thing we would have gotten flogged.

How was I talking trash?

The guy said Hipwood never plays well in a big game and I pointed out that he literally did so in a big game vs you guys last year. Read comments in context.
There was an article on AFL.com.au just yesterday that showed Hipwood has a far better record than Daniher and Cameron in MCG games.

The bad news for Brisbane: away from the cozy shelter of the dome, their record as the away side this season reads 1 win, 4 losses. They have two more of these games to come.

The good news: there is one more trip to Colonial Stadium, so perhaps they'll have a chance vs Collingwood.

Surely they will walk in their 3 remaining home games but a slip up in any of those would put top 4 in trouble, given their unreliability on the road.
Brisbane will probably beat my mob in Perth late in the season too.

Especially with freos currently bad form

I thought in the last quarter we needed one more goal, but it looked like we werent trying to score. We aren't great at taking the pace out of it and slowing it down in these situations. I don't think its an MCG thing, it almost happened at the Gabba when the lights went out earlier this year.

Got a real good kick out of last night’s game! Woke up buzzing and happy!!!

Last five minnies, Fart Fages stomping around the coaches box like an old man whose favourite slippers been stolen by his dog, very funny!!

Last edited:
Just saw this on the new.com.au story on my phone… quality editing:

Brisbane legend Johnathan Brow said it looked like the Lions were “paralysed” by fear.

If anyone feels like photoshopping a Johnathan Brow photo that would be delightful!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw this on the new.com.au story on my phone… quality editing:

Brisbane legend Johnathan Brow said it looked like the Lions were “paralysed” by fear.

If anyone feels like photoshopping a Johnathan Brow photo that would be delightful!

You cant screen record Kayo on your iphone anymore so i cant upload it… but theres a moment about 20-25 mins into the post game coverage when theyre standing in front of the screens and Brown is staring at the floor and had to compose himself from breaking out into tears of anger 🤣

Nice find from Bluelegs over here! You'll love it.

BIG goal!!!

Its great to see what my boy Viney is doing in the twilight of his career. It'd be great for him to be able to retire after winning a flag at the MCG this year!

Back