Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 17 - Dogs v Pies Fri July 7th 7:50pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 21 30.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Fun fact: Collingwood are the best final quarter team in the AFL.
Less fun fact: Port Adelaide have won more final quarters than Collingwood in 2023.

Yet couldn't get within 70 points of Collingwood

I just heard that Daicos has now had 25+ disposals against all 17 other clubs. Freak. I don't give a * about the Brownlow, but if he doesn't win the MVP and coaches award, there needs to be an inquiry.
He’d actually had over 20 possessions against all other 17 clubs in the competition after his 25th game at the end of his first season.

Ridiculous stat - it’s nothing to write home about but just shows the level of consistency he had from the very first game he played right through til the end of his first year at senior level.

See, that’s called a deflection, and means that you accept my comment so I thank you for that.

Just enjoy how well your team is going, without trying to drag everyone else’s team down.
Says the poster who was attempting to drag Collingwood down, in a game day thread that didn't feature his own team.

What is the difference between your 'Fun Fact', and his 'Fun Fact'? They were both 'factual'.

Probably a little to early to be calling people clowns, especially with the nudes scandal going on. 10 pies go down with that and it could be season over mentally. You’s are definitely peaking, have been at peak for the last 17 rounds, Melbourne and Brisbane game included.
Coll peaking to early, is the only comfort you guys have that your flag chances are not sunk.

As the saying goes - Hope springs eternal

Brisbane would be happy with just 2 of Daniher, Hipwood, Cameron and Rayner having a good game. All 4 played out of their skins that night. The battle was lost in the middle though as we were without both of our rucks. Whatever. Not too worried about that game. A lot went their way that night. It happens. I can't wait for another crack at them, here or up at the Gabba!
And with No Ruckmen and needing McStay and Frampton as substitutes - the next game will be very different.

I’m not sure that games from 20 years ago have much relevance to track records.
It doesn’t, I just enjoy reminding Pies fans they lost two Grand Finals in a row, on their home deck. Guilty pleasures and all that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They can afford to drop 2 games, still sit top 2 and play all finals games at the G. Theirs to lose. I doubt they’ll go out of their ways to manipulate their ladder position but wonder whether they’d prefer Brisbane or the lucky dip team that snags 4th

Been to both of your last two games, the guy is a freak. One of his leads in particular struck me with just how powerful and direct he came at the ball, was awesome. He’s going to be a problem.
Yea think he's missing his goals cause he's knackered cause hes working bloody hard atm. That tank will build in another year or two then look out. Think he's the most naturally talented of the young up and coming key fwds in the comp

Yea think he's missing his goals cause he's knackered cause hes working bloody hard atm. That tank will build in another year or two then look out. Think he's the most naturally talented of the young up and coming key fwds in the comp
I wouldn’t have said that three weeks ago, but I also would’ve been very, very wrong three weeks ago. He’s insane.

They can afford to drop 2 games, still sit top 2 and play all finals games at the G. Theirs to lose. I doubt they’ll go out of their ways to manipulate their ladder position but wonder whether they’d prefer Brisbane or the lucky dip team that snags 4th
They’d prefer Brisbane at the MCG for a QF. Especially if the other option is a fit Melbourne.

If Saints/Crows/Dogs sneak into 4th, maybe you’d prefer those over Brisbane I guess.

Only way it happens though is if they lose to Port and finish 2nd.

They’d prefer Brisbane at the MCG for a QF. Especially if the other option is a fit Melbourne.

If Saints/Crows/Dogs sneak into 4th, maybe you’d prefer those over Brisbane I guess.
Despite how King’s Birthday went this year, I’d definitely feel more comfortable playing Melbourne over Brisbane. Credit to them for the way the got us but we’ve stood up structurally most of the time we’ve played them in the last three years. Brissy on the other hand have troubled us, and I think what we saw from them in Round 4 is something other sides haven’t been able to pull of against us. Instead of standing shoulder to shoulder with Daicos they owned the space ten metres in front of him and pressured up, did the same to a lot of our contested work post-extraction and it triggered some pretty bad turnovers that we’d usually handball our way out of. Combine that with a recent losing record against them and they’re definitely a huge threat.

Looking like the most dangerous young forward in the game.
He’ll be tearing games apart by this time next year. Dogs have been absolutely kissed on the dick with talls recently, they have another FS coming through this year too don’t they?

Only way it happens though is if they lose to Port and finish 2nd.

Lol... I don't want to see Adelaide again, even at the G.

Lol... I don't want to see Adelaide again, even at the G.
Nah surely not. Crows in a final at the MCG with such a lack of experience following their rebuild would be ripe for the picking.

Back