Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 13 - Dogs v Port Fri June 9th 7:50pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 18.6%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Naughton I agree on but he's not exactly holding his own at the moment.

Naughton couldn't possibly hold his own, Aliir was holding it all ******* night.

Charlie Curnow gets 16 free kicks tonight if it's him instead of Naughton. ******* jack of it.

Libba is and will never be x factor. He's a one paced inside bull. No different to Ollie Wines.
You are only mentioning Smith as he terrorized your mob in a final.
He's overrated. Never an aerial threat and barely busts apart games. Treading in the same trajectory as Treloar.

Naughton I agree on but he's not exactly holding his own at the moment.
Probably becomes an All Australian full back later on down the track.
Biggest thing holding Naughton back at the moment is poor service from his midfield and a belief that he'll get free kicks. The good forwards are the ones that create free kicks because they fight through the contact which makes the defender infringe for longer and the free more likely to be paid.

Tonight was a perfect example of why Libba isn't an x factor player on a consistent basis. Played a great game and performed his role of pressuring the Port player with the ball as well as winning it in the contest exceptionally well, just no hurt from his possessions. Essentially had the same number of touches as Butters, but nowhere near as much hurt factor.

That was not a marking contest. Why can’t he shepherd?
One guy had eyes on the ball, the other guy didn’t. I learnt that in junior footy.
You gotta at least look at the ball, not just run in and shove someone in the back.
Quite frankly am a bit bemused at the ignorance

Naughton couldn't possibly hold his own, Aliir was holding it all ******* night.
I felt he was too busy looking for free kicks rather than just launching at the ball like he used to. I'm not suggesting he wasn't being held a bit, but most forwards are, and very few get free kicks from them. We have the same issue with Charlie.

There was a ball pumped into our 50 and Naughton had an opportunity to contest, but before it came in, he was lowering his body and trying to get under Aliirs arms. It looked really strange to me and Aliir certainly wasn't holding him.

He eventually made a half hearted attempt to mark and nothing came of it, but I have no idea that he was trying to do other than win a free.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was not a marking contest. Why can’t he shepherd?
Why isn't it considered a marking contest?

Ball was in the air and in play, Wines is attempting to mark/spoil it before he gets bumped.

Baker had eyes only for Wines.

Before anyone says the ball is too high, you still can't bump him attempting a mark. If a forward runs under the ball and then gets bumped, it's still a free. It was also close enough to worry Baker into bumping him. Do you think he does that if it was going through post high? The ball was dropping steeply.

You get away with a lot in the square, holding, blocking etc. Running in from the side and cleaning someone up is going too far.

Attachments

• 20230609_214701.jpg
    20230609_214701.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 25
Wowee that's a terrible free kick. Shepherd was within the distance and overturned a goal.
Wowee some serious ignorance on here.
Very similar to weightmans first qtr free, you can’t block, shepherd, push in a marking contest, regardless of 5m, unless you make an attempt to go for the ball yourself.

... 5 metres over his head mate.
Yeah, so far away from competing for it that Baker still felt the need to impede.

And sounds like according to you, players can run and knock over opposition players as long as the ball is going 5m over their heads. Good to know.

We've been shafted by the umpires for years but now have to kiss their butts after just 1 or 2 games of being treated fairly?

Playing next week at the stinking cattery so no doubt the umpires will be going in dry there like they always do to visiting teams.

A vic umpire should never be allowed to officiate at the cattery.
The only issue with that is the game will be played at the "stinking Adelaide Oval" where the Umpires will ply their wares in front of the rabid mob in attendance. Port doesn't have the luxury of attending the cattery until August 5th. I'm not surprised by this confusion, most Port Adelaide fans don't know what competition their team plays in. The Dogs were well and truly shafted in their game against Port.

The only issue with that is the game will be played at the "stinking Adelaide Oval" where the Umpires will ply their wares in front of the rabid mob in attendance. Port doesn't have the luxury of attending the cattery until August 5th. I'm not surprised by this confusion, most Port Adelaide fans don't know what competition their team plays in. The Dogs were well and truly shafted in their game against Port.
Adelaide oval has a "stink"?
First I'm hearing about it.
I think you may have been sold seats in the lavatory last time you came over. I'd suggest either the Hill or one of the grandstands.

If the AFL just released the full season fixture at the start of the season I wouldn't have made that mistake ☺️

Back