Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 17 - Dogs v Pies Fri July 7th 7:50pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 21 30.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bulldogs-vs-Coll.png

6th v 1st

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 17
WESTERN BULLDOGS V COLLINGWOOD
FRIDAY JULY 7TH 7:50PM (MARVEL)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Best score each round wins a Premium Platinum memberships!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams

BULLDOGS

B: T. Duryea, R. Gardner, J. O’Donnell
HB: B. Dale, A. Keath, E. Richards
C:L. Vandermeer, M. Bontempelli - C, B. Williams
HF: J. Macrae, A. Naughton, A. Treloar
F: C. Weightman, J. Ugle-Hagan, R. Lobb
FOLL: T. English, C. Daniel, T. Liberatore

I/C: C. Poulter, L. McNeil, R. West, B. Smith
EMG: A. Scott, B. Khamis, A. Jones, J. Sweet

In: E. Richards
Out: M. Hannan (Injured), A. Scott (Sub)

MAGPIES
B: J. Howe, D. Moore - C, I. Quaynor
HB: N. Daicos, N. Murphy, J. Noble
C:W. Hoskin-Elliott, S. Pendlebury, J. Daicos
HF: B. Hill, B. Frampton, P. Lipinski
F: J. Elliott, D. Cameron, T. Adams
FOLL: M. Cox, J. De Goey, J. Crisp

I/C: T. Mitchell, B. McCreery, O. Markov, A. Johnson
EMG: T. Bianco, F. Macrae, J. Ryan, R. McInnes

In: J. De Goey, A. Johnson
Out: B. Maynard (Injured), B. Mihocek (Injured), H. Harrison (Sub)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Robert Rose Cup

This year is the 23rd anniversary of the Robert Rose Cup clash between Collingwood and the Western Bulldogs. Each year the two clubs commemorate Robert Rose’s contribution to sport and raise funds for the Robert Rose Foundation.

The Robert Rose Foundation provides support to those suffering from spinal cord injuries and their families. Funding is used for Spinal Cord Injured (SCI) equipment, sporting equipment, home modifications and further education programs.

Bob Rose – Charlie Sutton Medal

The Bob Rose – Charlie Sutton Medal is named after Bob Rose and Charlie Sutton, both AFL legends at Collingwood and the Western Bulldogs respectively.

The Bob Rose – Charlie Sutton Medal is awarded to the player who exemplifies the qualities that Sutton and Rose became renowned for over their careers – toughness, skill, courage, leadership, teamwork, and sportsmanship.

Last edited:

Collingwood run the ball brilliantly, we have had unsettled outside mids/wingers all year. This worries me

Gunna go against the grain and tip us. Feels like we match up pretty well against the Pies.

That being said it's been an eternity since we last played them.

Another close win for the Pies.
What do you mean another close win? They’ve won 3 games this year by a goal less (1 they were up by 3 goals with a min to go) and 8 by 4 goals or more.

Interesting narrative around Pies winning close games, but it hasn’t happened as often as people think in 2023, the percentage a reflection of that.

Btw I’m not potting you, or being defensive, just correcting you if anything.

What do you mean another close win? They’ve won 3 games this year by a goal less (1 they were up by 3 goals with a min to go) and 8 by 4 goals or more.

Interesting narrative around Pies winning close games, but it hasn’t happened as often as people think in 2023, the percentage a reflection of that.

Btw I’m not potting you, or being defensive, just correcting you if anything.

Yeh this feels like the Adelaide game from a couple of weeks ago.
Pies often down in a game for a half or three quarters before pulling away late.

Pies will flog us. Haven't been able to stop teams coast to coast transition all year, aside from a short hot patch in the middle rounds so far. Missing our best two defenders (Jones and Richards, thought the latter may return but I would not rush him back), and a few players have the leg speed of a tractor.

The only plus is the forward half of the game looks to be functioning better. But the midfield will have to be at their best for the Dogs to have a sniff. Will be surprised if it is close.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a feeling that the dogs will pip the pies and win by 10 lousy points.

Just have a feeling that the dogs its will be thier grand final for them and a losse for the dogs and things will end up getting hard for them.

Kind of a must win for the dogs to keep in touch of the top 8

Pies well they kind of have top 4 already sewen up.

I’m confused by the lack of confidence of Dogs supporters.

A huge concern for the Pies this week against probably the strongest stoppage side in the comp. Libba and Bont would both be top 10 for clearances then you add Treloar in there. Timely we get JDG back otherwise clearances would’ve been a bloodbath IMO.

If Pies can break even in clearances, I think Pies win. If Dogs get ontop here, they’re feeding JUH and Astronaught fast i50s which can then turn ugly for the Pies back 6.

I’m confused by the lack of confidence of Dogs supporters.

A huge concern for the Pies this week against probably the strongest stoppage side in the comp. Libba and Bont would both be top 10 for clearances then you add Treloar in there. Timely we get JDG back otherwise clearances would’ve been a bloodbath IMO.

If Pies can break even in clearances, I think Pies win. If Dogs get ontop here, they’re feeding JUH and Astronaught fast i50s which can then turn ugly for the Pies back 6.
Clearly you haven't watched them play enough 🤨 Depends on which Bulldogs team turns up. We have a bandaged together backing, and I don't think or best is good enough to beat Collingwood's best

Clearly you haven't watched them play enough 🤨 Depends on which Bulldogs team turns up. We have a bandaged together backing, and I don't think or best is good enough to beat Collingwood's best
It’s that midfield battle that will play a big part. Your defence is only as good as the midfield will allow it to look.

Bont is 3rd and Libba is 5th in the whole comp for clearances, averaging over 15 between them. That’s monster numbers.

I reckon this one may be closer than people anticipate.

Mihocek ruled out for the Pies.

I’d imagine it’d be a straight swap of Mihocek going out for de Goey with McInnes getting the sub after his 6 goal performance in the reserves.

Gunna go against the grain and tip us. Feels like we match up pretty well against the Pies.

That being said it's been an eternity since we last played them.
Very true. Your midfield always troubled us.
Hopefully, for us, JDG comes back well and now with Naicos playing in there we now have the speed.

Should be a good game.

Mihocek ruled out for the Pies.

I’d imagine it’d be a straight swap of Mihocek going out for de Goey with McInnes getting the sub after his 6 goal performance in the reserves.
You don't think McStay will go straight in after injury? I think we need a big body down there.

You don't think McStay will go straight in after injury? I think we need a big body down there.
I would if Frampton wasn’t already in. Feels as though we’d be a little too top heavy with McStay, Frampton, Cox and Cameron, but could be wrong.

Even on the weekend, the Howe sub was to give Frampton a role outside being a utility for the day and inject some further foot speed.

Last edited:
FB: Noble Frampton Quaynor
HB: Crisp Moore Murphy
C: J Daicos Adams N Daicos
CF: Hill McStay Howe
FF: Elliott Cameron McCreery
R: Cox De Goey Mitchell
INT: Pendles Hoskin E Marcov Lipinski
SUB: McInnes or Carmicheal

Out Checkers (1 week hamstring tightness) Maynard ( 1 week just needs a rest on that shoulder but to be assessed thursday)
In De goey McStay

McStay and out of Cox and Cameron as that extra forward tall along with McInnes be that a sub.

Frampton is there in the backline.

Howe to be used more of a high half forward.

Pendles start on the int along with WHE Marcov and Lipinski

Adams there with De goey and Mitchell with the Daicos brothers on the wings.

If McStay doesn't play then use McInnes and if Maynard plays play him on half back and play Crisp more as a mid fielder.

Noble and Quaynor in the back line and half back line.

Moore and Murphy as usall.

Kind of a good feeling about this game tight early on but the Pies to be better as the game wears on and win it by say 21 points

A huge concern for the Pies this week against probably the strongest stoppage side in the comp.

Go back to the Dogs v Port game where they shut our mids down at 1/2 time. Stop the dogs mids, stop the run.

With an inkling of Richards making it back it still leaves issues with our rebound defensive capabilities and run out of defence

Back