Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 13 - Dogs v Port Fri June 9th 7:50pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 18.6%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Butters and Rozee probably now the best 2 players from that 2018 Draft.
How does a club pull that off?
Port Adelaide traded up the draft and sold the future picks farm to get those two, plus Duursma. Now seen as an example of what a single trade period can do

Also traded out Polec and Wingard, which got us Ryan Burton as well

What other pair in the same draft team would be better?

Honest question
I would say Bailey Smith has had a better career so far, Jack Lukious is having a ripper year and Walsh is being coached horribly but had a good first 4 years.
Also OP didn't say best pair, he said best 2 players. Best pair of draft picks, definitely.

I
I would say Bailey Smith has had a better career so far, Jack Lukious is having a ripper year and Walsh is being coached horribly but had a good first 4 years.
Also OP didn't say best pair, he said best 2 players. Best pair of draft picks, definitely.
understood it in the spirit of the question, considering he said “how does a team pull that off”.

But you know. Keep doing you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Port got the rub of the green to be honest. Good enough to win, but definitely a few favourable calls. The shepherd non-goal is the one people remember, but there were a few others. Allir was caught holding the ball 15 out directing in front and not paid either. Was a strange match. A few non 50 metres, or just general inconsistent calls. I was frustrated as a neutral. Thought the Dogs could have easily had a few more calls their way.

Having said that, Port always looked a step ahead. They always managed a quick reply to keep the dogs at bay. They look good this season, and are well on their way to being at the right part of the ladder to compete come finals time. Can they improve on the '20,21 years? As this stage, it is the finals that will tell. It is obviously important to bank h&a wins to give themselves the best shot. If they bomb in the finals it is just another wasted year.

On the Dogs, they can be frustrating to watch. There is a fair bit of talent in the team. Maybe not the most, or maybe not the best, but the list is definitely talented. Too often they, as a team, and as individuals over process the ball, and try to finesse the perfect play, only for it to come undone after 6 handballs inside 4 metres. They really need to play more on instinct, and take the first option sometimes, and sometimes that is getting the ball forward in an attacking position.

Swans fans and still crying over 2016 name a better combo
Blocking Wonder Woman GIF

Deflect harder, ya boi Weightman is a campaigner a karma caught him hard today

Sorry I have offended the might 10 game win streak Port Adelaide. Better not get on the bad side of the premiership favourites.
I

understood it in the spirit of the question, considering he said “how does a team pull that off”.

But you know. Keep doing you.

His continued diving. The bloke is bloody skillfull and great to watch when he stays on his feet. His staging for free kicks is a blight on the game and needs calling out.
Yeah it'd be nice if he didn't do it. It's irrelevant now though, he could stop doing it now for the remainder of his career and he'd still have people calling him out for it.

Rozee and Butters is the best 1-2 punch in the comp, yeah? It's getting to Ablett-Bartel, Dangerfield-Selwood, Judd-Cousins levels.

They have to win a flag first before they can be mentioned in that esteemed company imo

Sorry I have offended the might 10 game win streak Port Adelaide. Better not get on the bad side of the premiership favourites.
Your sarcasm has come across as stupidity.

We will lose in the prelim as usual. I’m fully expecting a brisy vs collingwood gf.
Just like the majority of our board.

But it’s obvious what the previous poster meant. The best duet drafted. And yeah, Rozee and butters are the best duet. I never Said they were the best two.

Although I wouldn’t trade either of them for anyone else in the draft. But that’s just me.
If you disagree. Cool. That’s on you. But I think port is on a good thing here with the two, and throw in Duursma, and it’s an awesome triplet when they are all up and going.

I thought Port got the rub of the green to be honest. Good enough to win, but definitely a few favourable calls. The shepherd non-goal is the one people remember, but there were a few others. Allir was caught holding the ball 15 out directing in front and not paid either. Was a strange match. A few non 50 metres, or just general inconsistent calls. I was frustrated as a neutral. Thought the Dogs could have easily had a few more calls their way.

Having said that, Port always looked a step ahead. They always managed a quick reply to keep the dogs at bay. They look good this season, and are well on their way to being at the right part of the ladder to compete come finals time. Can they improve on the '20,21 years? As this stage, it is the finals that will tell. It is obviously important to bank h&a wins to give themselves the best shot. If they bomb in the finals it is just another wasted year.

On the Dogs, they can be frustrating to watch. There is a fair bit of talent in the team. Maybe not the most, or maybe not the best, but the list is definitely talented. Too often they, as a team, and as individuals over process the ball, and try to finesse the perfect play, only for it to come undone after 6 handballs inside 4 metres. They really need to play more on instinct, and take the first option sometimes, and sometimes that is getting the ball forward in an attacking position.
Best neutral comment so far.

Bont showed why he’s the best player in the comp for the last few years even in a losing team.

Back