Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 23 - Pies v Lions Fri Aug 18th 7:50pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 46 44.7%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Coll-vs-Brisbane.png

1st v 2nd

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 23
COLLINGWOOD V BRISBANE LIONS
FRIDAY AUGUST 18TH 7:50PM EST (MARVEL)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Best score each round wins a Premium Platinum memberships!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams
MAGPIES

B: J.Howe, B.Frampton, I.Quaynor
HB: B.Maynard - C, N.Murphy, J.Noble
C: O.Markov, T.Adams, J.Daicos
HF: S.Pendlebury, B.Mihocek, W.Hoskin-Elliott
F: J.Elliott, D.McStay, J.Ginnivan
FOLL: D.Cameron, J.Crisp, T.Mitchell

I/C: P.Lipinski, S.Sidebottom, J.Ryan, B.McCreery
EMG: E.Allan, R.McInnes, J.Carmichael, M.Cox

In: S.Sidebottom, J.Ryan
Out: D.Moore (Injured), B.Hill (Injured), J.De Goey (Injured)

LIONS
B: B.Starcevich, H.Andrews - C, J.Payne
HB: C.McKenna, R.Lester, D.Wilmot
C: H.McCluggage, J.Dunkley, D.Zorko
HF: C.Cameron, E.Hipwood, L.McCarthy
F: C.Rayner, J.Daniher, Z.Bailey
FOLL: O.McInerney, L.Neale, J.Berry

I/C: D.Robertson, C.Ah Chee, K.Coleman, J.Fletcher
EMG: J.Lyons, D.Gardiner, D.Fort, J.Tunstill

In: K.Coleman
Out: J.Gunston (Injured), J.Prior (Omitted)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:

Big game. I hope our boys are up for the fight. This game might just make or break us. 3 consecutive 6 day breaks against teams desperate for finals. We might be more banged up then the pies.

I don't understand this game being at Marvel. I think Collingwood are required to play one home game there a year (could be wrong), but why couldn't have that been against the Giants earlier in the season when the G was available that day? This is a game between two of last year's preliminary finalists, and it's Collingwood against a side that draws a big away crowd in Melbourne.

Mind-boggling.

yeah should be at G. So dumb.

We are playing for 2nd spot.

Not sure how this will go. Will Collingwood be going hard with home finals secured or just nursing players through and trying a few things.

If it was balls to the wall, think they get us in Melbourne.

Will be interesting.

I don't understand this game being at Marvel. I think Collingwood are required to play one home game there a year (could be wrong), but why couldn't have that been against the Giants earlier in the season when the G was available that day? This is a game between two of last year's preliminary finalists, and it's Collingwood against a side that draws a big away crowd in Melbourne.

Mind-boggling.
Why should the Giants have to miss out on a game at the G?

Why should the Giants have to miss out on a game at the G?
Fair point. I just thought someone would have to miss out, but then I saw that Collingwood hosted North at Marvel earlier this year, so that makes this fixture even more baffling.

Still, this suits the Lions. For all the talk of their poor away record, they've done well at Marvel so I give them a good chance at pinching this one to get a home QF.

Fair point. I just thought someone would have to miss out, but then I saw that Collingwood hosted North at Marvel earlier this year, so that makes this fixture even more baffling.

Still, this suits the Lions. For all the talk of their poor away record, they've done well at Marvel so I give them a good chance at pinching this one to get a home QF.
They seem to play marvel quite well compared to the MCG. I also think they will get up, especially with more to play for than the pies.

Since the start of 2019 Brisbane actually have the best winning percentage at Marvel out of all teams. 😉8/10. It would have been good to get some practice at the G against a gun side before September but we can’t complain.

Surely Collingwood could do us a favour and rest a few of their stars!

Lions play better at Marvel than they do at the MCG.

Still tipping the Pies though. think it will be a competitive game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We play a lot better at Marvel but I'd still rather this game had of been at the MCG.

We've had great support in Melbourne in recent years and with this being 1 v 2 on the ladder this could have easily reached 70k+. Similar match in 2019 versus Richmond had 77,000 which is the highest home and away crowd with 1 interstate team. Totally inept decision by the AFL.

Regardless, a lot more on the line for the Lions as a win almost assures a Top 2 finish. A loss and we'll need other results to finish second.

Lions by 5 in an all-time classic.

What's the Pies depth like? Is this the first time they've had more than 3 on the injury list this year?

Rest, Rest, Rest.

Any player who has the slightest of niggles, should be rested.
A couple of our older players should be rested.

Playing at Marvel, is different from the G. The ground is hard and we are not desperate for a win this week but we are desperate to not have more injuries.

Let this week go through to the keeper and then all our remaining games are at the G.

We need to play the long game and think risk vs reward.

We cannot win the premiership next Friday but some poor luck on that rock hard ground, can certainly help lose it.

Brisbane by a fair margin (and I am ok with that)

What's the Pies depth like? Is this the first time they've had more than 3 on the injury list this year?

Start of the year we had a lot of injuries including both ruckman out. But I’m not surprised a Carlton fan is bringing up injuries. Seems to be your go to to have a dig at Collingwood.

Start of the year we had a lot of injuries including both ruckman out. But I’m not surprised a Carlton fan is bringing up injuries. Seems to be your go to to have a dig at Collingwood.
Not a dig, I admire your conditioning team, just wondering what's there in the 2's. I see you're 9th in the VFL and you've had a mostly fit lost most of the year. Who are the next men up?

Back