Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 23 - Saints v Cats Sat Aug 19th 7:25pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 44.2%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Why wouldn't I? Every AFL "expert" tipped Saints to miss finals and Geelong to make it. Saints have never been out of the 8 this year.
Enjoy your final. Hope you get a ticket.
Would hate for you to miss out.

Ended Richmond’s era? Now Geelongs? …….. I don’t think so, but what have you to show for it, not much. I’ll keep my eye on the Saints to see how they fair in the coming weeks, i suspect it’ll be very similar to years gone by ……. Not much!!
not much? we've ended two eras. in the olden days they would write songs about it.

We aren’t the worst defending team of the current decade. Cut the hyperbole.
Easily the worst defending Premirership team of the past 20 years and that takes some doing considering how how ordianry the Swans and Eagles were of 2005 and 06 and the Bulldogs of 2016. .

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe but you are still the weakest team currently in the eight and will be badly exposed if you do make it.

I reckon we win this one.
Need to smash into King early and as much as possible. Ratugolea with that 110kg frame needs to assert himself early. King's the main threat.

Where is this flog now? Mouths off and makes big statements and when it goes wrong is nowhere to be seen.

There are some good Geelong posters here but he isn't one of them and even they probably don't respect him.

Where is this flog now? Mouths off and makes big statements and when it goes wrong is nowhere to be seen.

There are some good Geelong posters here but he isn't one of them and even they probably don't respect him.

I'm here mate.
Yes, went to the game and yes, you guys deserved it fair and square.

As for the flog comments, must have touched a nerve as usually those who lash out like this make it personal.

Good win by your mob. Enjoy it while you can and hopefully you can keep the umpires out if it during September.

Geelong jibbed it tonight, possibly the worst premiership-defending team of the AFL era. It's going to be a long time before we see them anywhere near the top 8 again.

Pretty harsh.
I don't believe you are a troll in disguise as you sometimes come up with some brilliant insight but this is way off.

You could see we are not fit and we are carrying players who are simply not ready for it yet.
We had no choice though. Injuries to Blicavs & Guthrie, along with blokes who are clearly carrying something (Dangerfield & Cameron) is a major reason why our season went pair shaped.
Simply couldn't get any continuity whatsoever.

The difference is we came off a dynasty 3 flags in 4 years, it was always going to end but your mob won 1 flag and couldn't even make finals the following year.

You have already missed finals for the second time in just three years.

You need to be reminded Geelong won flags in 07, 09, 11 and for the next 12 years, missed the finals twice. Can Richmond do similar and not miss for the next decade or so?

A characteristically frustrating end to a hugely disappointing season. We actually looked quite good when we were able to create some disputed ball, but St Kilda picked us apart all night, waltzing it out of defence. We looked extremely slow compared to the Saints and it highlights how much value Gary Rohan provides and how hard it will be to cover him when he retires.

Hawkins did what he could but he looked like he shouldn't have been out there. It's weird hearing coaches preaching about their 'ultra cautious' approach to managing injuries and then seeing Hawkins getting frustrated when his teammates did anything other than bomb it on his head because he could barely run.

2024 should be an interesting season, I'd like to see a few of the players whom we'll be looking for to step into senior roles next year get a taste against the Dogs.

Back