Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 24 - Cats v Dogs Sat Aug 26th 7:25pm EST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong-vs-Bulldogs.png

11th v 9th

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 24
GEELONG V WESTERN BULLDOGS
FRIDAY AUGUST 25TH 7:25PM EST (GMHBA)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Best score each round wins a Premium Platinum memberships!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets
CATS

B: J. Bews, S. De Koning, J. Kolodjashnij
HB: M. Knevitt, T. Stewart, Z. Guthrie
C: S. Menegola, T. Atkins, M. O’Connor
HF: G. Miers, O. Dempsey, I. Smith
F: O. Henry, S. Neale, T. Stengle
FOLL: T. Conway, P. Dangerfield - C, M. Holmes

I/C: J. Bowes, R. Stanley, O. Mullin, B. Parfitt
EMG: Z. Tuohy, M. Hardie, S. Simpson, T. Clohesy

IN: M. Knevitt, S. Menegola, O. Dempsey, T. Conway, R. Stanley, O. Mullin
OUT: M. Duncan (Suspension), E. Ratugolea (Injured), B. Close (Injured), J. Cameron (Injured), T. Hawkins (Injured), T. Bruhn (Injured), Z. Tuohy (Sub)

BULLDOGS

B: A. Keath, L. Jones, H. Crozier
HB: B. Dale, J. O’Donnell, E. Richards
C: C. Poulter, M. Bontempelli - C, B. Williams
HF: C. Weightman, A. Naughton, C. Daniel
F: R. Lobb, J. Ugle-Hagan, R. West
FOLL: T. English, A. Treloar, T. Liberatore

I/C: T. McLean, L. Vandermeer, A. Scott, O. Baker
EMG: L. McNeil, R. Garcia, L. Cleary, J. Sweet

IN: H. Crozier, T. Liberatore, T. McLean
OUT: T. Duryea (Suspension), B. Smith (Illness), J. Macrae (Injured), L. McNeil (Sub)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dogs should win this one (if they come to play). Cats will be sending off Smith and perhaps Tuohy but have nothing to play for. So I hope we play some of the kids Knevitt, Dempsey,Mullin and possibly debut Conway and give some of the oldies an early holiday.

We'll already be missing Duncan, Close, Stanley, Blitz, J Henry, Rohan,Sav and thinking about sending Jezza off for surgery on his shoulder. I hope we rest Danger too, as he's still carrying the broken ribs and punctured lung from the Port game at Adelaide.

Feels weird this is the last week of the year for Geelong but having a September free could be a stress free finals for a change.

Last edited:

Experienced geriatric cats to overwhelm badly behaved pups.

Did the people tipping the dogs watch any of our last two games? If we happen to win it'll only be because the cats play their VFL team as the AFL guys have been rested, although even then I'd still give them a chance.

Alternatively, if there is some news on Bevo's future this week and it turns out to be his last game then maybe they get up for him. Who knows.

Bet the AFL are loving this! Thought they'd have a pre-elimination final on their hands, or at worst a game that would decide positions in the eight. Turns out it'll be like a dirge.

Got a feeling we'll roll the Cats down at the Cattery this week.

Then hopefully Carlton roll the Giants and we get hot in September.

You will beat us as we are dropping a handful of players along with those already injured but you aren't playing finals.

Toby Greene will play one of the best games of the year and get them into the finals.
Having both Sydney teams in is great for business.

Dogs should of sealed the 8 by now

However they will be playing Geelong reserves team so they should get up here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A week is a very long time in footy. We've seen this script before.

Dogs by 23

We never beat Geelong, they beat us with their VFL midfield at Marvel earlier this year so who is missing is irrelevant, Cats are in Dogs heads. Tom Stewart to be BOG as he nearly always is against us.

dogs by 3 points in a close battle at the cattery and end cats era once and for all

We literally just lost to West Coast. Not sure what Cats fans are worried about
West Coast right now have a better team than Geelong are likely to put out on the weekend.

Cameron, Hawkins, Guthrie, Duncan, Blicavs, Stanley, Rohan, J Henry, Close and Ratugolea all look to be out. I'd say that's 5 of our best 7 and 9 of our best 18.

But then we don't often lose at home, we don't often lose to the dogs and it looks like Beve has lost the players so who knows.

West Coast right now have a better team than Geelong are likely to put out on the weekend.

Cameron, Hawkins, Guthrie, Duncan, Blicavs, Stanley, Rohan, J Henry, Close and Ratugolea all look to be out. I'd say that's 5 of our best 7 and 9 of our best 18.

But then we don't often lose at home, we don't often lose to the dogs and it looks like Beve has lost the players so who knows.

You could literally play Tom Stewart Vs our 22 and we'd find a way to pin point it to him every time we looked to go forward

You could literally play Tom Stewart Vs our 22 and we'd find a way to pin point it to him every time we looked to go forward
You should go all in for him as a forward. I've never seen such quality inside 50 delivery.

I can see why neither set of fans have any confidence. But I guess someone's gotta win. Or we can fight out a nil all draw?

You should go all in for him as a forward. I've never seen such quality inside 50 delivery.

I can see why neither set of fans have any confidence. But I guess someone's gotta win. Or we can fight out a nil all draw?
Pretty lucky AFL scores can't be negative - I think if they could be, this game would find a way

We'll play a bunch of kids and lose badly, but it'll be good for their development. It'll be nice to see guys like Knevitt, Dempsey, Mullin, Neale, and hopefully Conway going out there and just playing, out of the shadow of their veteran teammates.

If by some miracle we're still in the game at half time, expect an avalanche of dodgy frees to the Dogs. The AFL will absolutely not want last week's goal umpire howler to be responsible for anyone making or missing the finals, so we can't be permitted to win. Not that we will, but if the Dogs crap the bed again like last week...

Back