Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 21 - Cats v Port Sat August 5th 7:25pm EST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol one of the umpires in this game gave Geelong 15 frees and Port 0.

That’s more frees than some teams get in a whole game, and from one ump!

Oof.

If true surely the AFL reviews that umpires game.

Statistically that is a very, very strange outcome.

Wonder if the Vic media will make anything of the noise of affirmation down at Geelong?

That thing that only gets talked about when Vic teams play in WA and Optus.

If true surely the AFL reviews that umpires game.

Statistically that is a very, very strange outcome.

Wonder if the Vic media will make anything of the noise of affirmation down at Geelong?

That thing that only gets talked about when Vic teams play in WA and Optus.
We lost the free kick count 11-20 against Freo just a week earlier. The Kardinia Park crowd has been routinely ridiculed for being too quite if anything.

Lol one of the umpires in this game gave Geelong 15 frees and Port 0.

That’s more frees than some teams get in a whole game, and from one ump!

Oof.

That's not what happened.

Of the frees Geelong received, that umpire gave 15 of them. It doesn't state he gave Port 0.

So other than that umpire port had more frees. Typical bias ;)
Not sure why we didn’t complain last week at the favourable treatment Freo got.

Port had 3 out of 4 umpires on their side.

If they can't win with a majority of the umpires backing them, they don't deserve to win!

/s

Watching the replay now, really good interview after an exceptional 1st quarter from Gryan

'I tried to hide my flaws': Miers on his kicking style, Leo Messi, his footy idols

This paragraph encapsulates Geelong for me and enforces my regard for the player as an individual and the club as a whole.

"But Geelong do such a good job that when you come to the club you're a part of something much further than yourself and they teach you that you'll get individual praise on the back of being a good person and a good team player. That's what I learned when I got to the club and it's what I want to teach other people when I leave the club."

Into the 2nd half. There's no way Kola should be playing on Rioli, we haven't had a good small defender for a while. Please don't quote Bews at me.

When I've watched the VFL there has also been a deficiency in defence.

On the upside, Bruhn has been good. Bowes stood out in the 1st quarter and Esava has taken some nice grabs and/or spoils.

Watching the replay now, really good interview after an exceptional 1st quarter from Gryan

'I tried to hide my flaws': Miers on his kicking style, Leo Messi, his footy idols

This paragraph encapsulates Geelong for me and enforces my regard for the player as an individual and the club as a whole.

"But Geelong do such a good job that when you come to the club you're a part of something much further than yourself and they teach you that you'll get individual praise on the back of being a good person and a good team player. That's what I learned when I got to the club and it's what I want to teach other people when I leave the club."

I think this is the sort of thing that other clubs miss when they try to emulate Geelong's success.

We're not always perfect, but I've noticed many other clubs seem to have a lot of issues with the "be a good person" aspect - lots off-field incidents and stuff.

Back