Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 21 - Hawks v Pies Sat August 5th 4:35pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn really are Collingwood's bogey team.

It is often remarked that the Hawks and Magpies have a habit of missing meeting each other in the finals and have never played a Grand Final. Given that Hawthorn are good at Grand Finals and Collingwood are not plus the Hawks hoodoo, it's probably best for the Magpies.

Nick Daicos has been found out, we knew he hated the contested side of things, but he also cannot handle a tag.

If you're getting a hard tag, you can always tackle and block for others, even lay a few bumps, he is scared to do any of that.

That’s like saying a young forward who is leading the Coleman has been found out after having a dirty night against a lockdown defender.

I’ll hold my fire on that issue for a few games at least

Huddo sounding like he's at a funeral when he said N Daicos only had five disposals :rolleyes:

Hawthorn have been superb. Really impressed at how on the front foot they've been and Mitchell has to be commended here.
I listened to SEN radio,commentators were really good.
Huddo and Dal Santo ew.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s like saying a young forward who is leading the Coleman has been found out after having a dirty night against a lockdown defender.

I’ll hold my fire on that issue for a few games at least
Agree hes earned a lot of slack, but I think that’s 3 in a row (Port, Carlton, Hawthorn) who have cut Daicos out of the influence he’s been having roaming free.
Think McFly will put him back to a HBF for the finals.

Dees haven't been all that themselves. 32pt win over a declining Richmond side, not bad I guess; 1pt win over a choked Brisbane after being behind most the game; barely got over the line against Adelaide who are usually crap away from home; 21pt win over a St Kilda side with no fit players on the bench; 2pt loss to the Giants but granted they're in red hot form and that was in the NT. The Dees will be facing a real good test against the Blues next week.
I reckon that’s a pretty good formline without our best player/ best forward. (edit: compared to the rest of the top 4 anyway)

Agree the Blues will be a huge challenge.

I'm much saltier about the reaction to the Murphy tunnelling incident than the result.

Seemingly everyone, including the umpires, forget that's a rule for very good reason, because it's dangerous as sh*t. And then called Murphy a 'sook'.

Larkey even got suspended for doing it last year, let alone it being a free kick, you half-wit campaigners.

That's the best the Hawks have played under Mitchell and it's not close. I'd be pretty excited about that performance as a Hawks fan, a big future.

For the Pies, they still maintain flag favouritism, but there is now just the slightest element of the "did they peak too soon?" in the season question. This has plagued other teams before who have had dominant home and away seasons only to falter at the pointy end.

Time will tell.

I'm much saltier about the reaction to the Murphy tunnelling incident than the result.

Seemingly everyone, including the umpires, forget that's a rule for very good reason, because it's dangerous as sh*t. And then called Murphy a 'sook'.

Larkey even got suspended for doing it last year, let alone it being a free kick, you half-wit campaigners.
gonna cry tobey maguire GIF

I reckon that’s a pretty good formline without our best player/ best forward. (edit: compared to the rest of the top 4 anyway)

Agree the Blues will be a huge challenge.
I forgot about Oliver being out. Fair enough but I still think the Pies will resurge and get to the GF. If it's not against my mob I hope it's against the Dees, would be a good spectacle. Not sure about Port and still don't think Carlton's going deep into September.

Back