Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 21 - Bombers v Eagles Sat August 5th 1:45pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

• Bombers by a lot

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd hate to accuse a team of tanking but did the Eagles just make sure they get the number 1 pick? Any suspicious coaching moves?

No. Frustratingly it was the opposite.

I know I might catch heat but I'd prefer we had our eye on pick 1 but we seem intent on winning, as evidenced by last week against North and the Saints games.

What on earth was that ball up by the umpires at the end? Never seen that before.

Also puzzled as to West Coast leaving the goal square vacant when defending a one-point lead. Did they just get drawn up too far?

I'd hate to accuse a team of tanking but did the Eagles just make sure they get the number 1 pick? Any suspicious coaching moves?

Yes.

VERY SUSPICIOUS.

Eagles kicked a goal to hit the lead with a minute to go.

Then the umpire instead of balling it up threw it 1 m high straight to Essendon and they kicked the winning goal.

Apart from that it was a ripping game.

PS: Quite distressing almost losing pick 1 I can tell you, almost stuffed up tanking as well.

Well, there weren't any interchange infringements, nor were the players just walking around aimlessly, like North last week, if thats what you were implying.

3 highly questionable umpiring acts in the final few minutes gifted Essendon the win.

Hmmm
think mr sunshine GIF by CBC
Hmm indeed.

Yes.

VERY SUSPICIOUS.

Eagles kicked a goal to hit the lead with a minute to go.

Then the umpire instead of balling it up threw it 1 m high straight to Essendon and they kicked the winning goal.

Apart from that it was a ripping game.

PS: Quite distressing almost losing pick 1 I can tell you, almost stuffed up tanking as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North are openly and blatantly tanking, their players aren’t even trying, you’ll win by 60 next week

Some ITK posters who work in the industry noticed in the North Eagles game their set ups around the ground were very, very different against us than previous weeks. Previous weeks they almost won games. Then North changed a lot of set ups and tactics to lose to us.

Pretty blatant what they are trying to do.

Back