Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 21 - Cats v Port Sat August 5th 7:25pm EST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bad luck this weekend Richmond fans. Better luck next week when you hop on the Pies bandwagon!
I just sit and ponder what its really like to get gifted games
...what a reality
Crazy thinking. Literally RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME I saw Dangerfield get pinged holding ball when he was the one tackling. Some absolute gifts their way, but better team won.
they went in deep with port tonight no lube...completely dry
I wonder if Guthries up for AA this year...

Thought the vast majority of the free kicks were warranted.

You've yet to explain which ones you disagreed with, and whether you can see both side, or if you're just another Tigger with a hardon for Geelong.
Warranted eh?

31 is either the most or close to the most frees any one side has been given this season. I know the Crows were given 29 in their 122 point win over the Eagles. Outside of that I don't think many others have gone near 31.

What you are saying is that Port played not only one of the most undisciplined games of the season but of the last few seasons. Very hard to agree with that having watched the game.

Warranted eh?

31 is either the most or close to the most frees any one side has been given this season. I know the Crows were given 29 in their 122 point win over the Eagles. Outside of that I don't think many others have gone near 31.

What you are saying is that Port played not only one of the most undisciplined games of the season but of the last few seasons. Very hard to are with that watching the game.

Still you avoid the question.

Warranted eh?

What you are saying is that Port played not only one of the most undisciplined games of the season but of the last few seasons. Very hard to agree with that having watched the game.

Well it’s not the most.
Port themselves from memory conceded 39 in a match this year.

Still you avoid the question.
I don't need to answer it.

But here are a few...

Moments before the Geelong player was taken high by SPP on the boundary in the last three Port player was taken high in the marking contest.

Before that, at a centre bounce contest a Port player is clearly grabbed whilst not in possession and dragged off the ball.

In a marking contest the ump called holding against Port when Lord is clearly taken out dangerously and struggles to get to his feet.

Lord again in the forward pocket goes to mark, Stewart goes face first into him after taking his eyes off the ball. No call. Despite Houston being called for the same thing on Cameron moments earlier.

Rutagolea clear push out, he takes the mark and is awarded the mark. The same move was paid against Port at the end of the third for Cameron to take a shot on goal.

Rozee called HTB after he hand balled. Free to Miers who kicks the goal.

At the other end I think it's Smith taken in a tackle in the pocket, gets rid of the ball in a similar way to Rozzee. Play on.

There's a few.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But here are a few...

Moments before the Geelong player was taken high by SPP on the boundary in the last three Port player was taken high in the marking contest.

Before that, at a centre bounce contest a Port player is clearly grabbed whilst not in possession and dragged off the ball.

In a marking contest the ump called holding against Port when Lord is clearly taken out dangerously and struggles to get to his feet.

Lord again in the forward pocket goes to mark, Stewart goes face first into him after taking his eyes off the ball. No call. Despite Houston being called for the same thing on Cameron moments earlier.

Rutagolea clear push out, he takes the mark and is awarded the mark. The same move was paid against Port at the end of the third for Cameron to take a shot on goal.

At the other end I think it's Smith taken in a tackle in the pocket, gets rid of the ball in a similar way to Rozzee. Play on.

There's a few.
Ya missed the Duncan shoulder drop high free/frees

The JHF jumper scrag at the centre bounce

The Stewart flop for a in the back freekick

The last quarter was borderline cheating.. and all

If Stewart gets top coaches votes this is going to be a record breaking Sicily vs Stewart big footy week.
He made some big plays in the last quarter, but I thought he was well below his lofty standards for the rest of the game. Opposite of last week from memory, where he was his usual sublime self throughout the game before having some pretty terrible brainfarts in crunch time. Don't really think he should be anywhere near the coaches votes this week, to be honest.

Can anyone explain why Marshall wasn’t awarded a 50m penalty in the last when he took that mark near defensive 50, a Cats player not even in the contest comes into the protected zone, wraps his arm around Marshall and prevents him from hand balling a quick give?

Instead, he holds up the initial play, Marshall goes back and turns it over and the Cats get a crucial goal to go out to a 2 goal margin in the last.

Clear 50m penalty which would have put port inside 50. Completely ignored and ignored by the commentators as well. This comes after the AFL this week sent out a memo to clubs that they were cracking down on this….

Then throw into it that Rioli got pinged a 50 early on for stopping where the mark was taken in our 50 but given 0.1 of a second to magically get himself back to the 9 within a millisecond and without any warning. Pretty sure that lead to a goal too…

But no, the umpires didn’t have an impact and were being unreasonable.

Can anyone explain why Marshall wasn’t awarded a 50m penalty in the last when he took that mark near defensive 50, a Cats player not even in the contest comes into the protected zone, wraps his arm around Marshall and prevents him from hand balling a quick give?

Instead, he holds up the initial play, Marshall goes back and turns it over and the Cats get a crucial goal to go out to a 2 goal margin in the last.

Clear 50m penalty which would have put port inside 50. Completely ignored and ignored by the commentators as well. This comes after the AFL this week sent out a memo to clubs that they were cracking down on this….

Then throw into it that Rioli got pinged a 50 early on for stopping where the mark was taken in our 50 but given 0.1 of a second to magically get himself back to the 9 within a millisecond and without any warning. Pretty sure that lead to a goal too…

That is never 50. Sounds like the bigger issue is Marshall's disposal efficiency.

So you are agreeing the umpiring was biased and a directive to go against us…
Yeah, mate. You didn't think the 100k was all you were getting, did you?

Hinkley wants to win games at all costs, including player welfare? AFL aren't having that. Congrats on the 13-win streak and the wasted season.

Did you not see SPP do the exact same thing?

But here are a few...

There's a few.

Rozee threw it, correct decision. Stewart kept his eyes on the ball the whole time. The push awarded to Cameron was dodgy I agree.

The others happen 10 times a game both ways.

Back