Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 24 - Cats v Dogs Sat Aug 26th 7:25pm EST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting, if not extraordinary take on it.

Why? Give some reasoning. Isaac Smith has played his whole career that same way.
If there is an amusing interaction on a footy field do they just have a ‘dont smile because it will make me miss’ reflex they need to engage? Smith probably said something to Stanley like ‘hand it off to me’ and they had a laugh about it. Big deal.

Why? Give some reasoning. Isaac Smith has played his whole career that same way.
If there is an amusing interaction on a footy field do they just have a ‘dont smile because it will make me miss’ reflex they need to engage? Smith probably said something to Stanley like ‘hand it off to me’ and they had a laugh about it. Big deal.
Really?

Isaac Smith has played the same way, in terms of demeanour and body language, as he was last night??? Really??

You're just being silly if you maintain that position.

Really?

Isaac Smith has played the same way, in terms of demeanour and body language, as he was last night??? Really??

You're just being silly if you maintain that position.

You’ve obviously forgotten him literally sharing a joke with Sam Mitchell as he lined up a post-siren kick for the Hawks against the Cats that would have won them the game.

You’ve obviously forgotten him literally sharing a joke with Sam Mitchell as he lined up a post-siren kick for the Hawks against the Cats that would have won them the game.
I think you're just being silly

Smith's performance last night was borderline odd.

Not that I begrudge him, by the way. The dude has won like 9 flags and a Norm Smith medal, and his teams season was over regardless.

But please, to not acknowledge his behavior last night as odd, is just straight up wrong.

I think you're just being silly

Smith's performance last night was borderline odd.

Not that I begrudge him, by the way. The dude has won like 9 flags and a Norm Smith medal, and his teams season was over regardless.

But please, to not acknowledge his behavior last night as odd, is just straight up wrong.

That’s how he has played - half of Geelong’s social media stuff about him from the moment he arrived has been about him smiling. He has spent his career looking like he’s having fun.
And yes he attracted some criticism for the laugh before he missed the post-siren kick: I don’t really know why because I doubt it was the laugh that impacted on the trajectory of the ball.

They play the sport to begin with because it is fun. Some of them maintain that attitude the whole way through their careers.

If you can post 35-possession games while you’re doing it or in Dangerfield’s case 20 touches with a goal and a few assists and 9 tackles, I don’t really see that there’s any evidence that it is impacting on the performance

Back