Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 24 - Lions v Saints Sat Aug 26th 4:35pm EST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Had the Lions kicked 8.2 in Q1 like the Pies did Friday night game would have been over
But they didn’t.
And that’s the game - as you’ve found out in the past two games.

Had the Lions kicked 8.2 in Q1 like the Pies did Friday night game would have been over
Lions 100% shot themselves in the foot with inaccuracy but at the same time take out Joe's bad couple of misses and almost every shot was a difficult one.

Almost zero chance they would have kicked 8.2

It's fair to say they dominated us in the first half but we still defended really well and made it difficult so I'm not surprised their accuracy suffered.

Was a ten goal win in every measure except the scoreboard. Saints look like a VFL side tbh.
I guess reserve grade sides don’t kick 9.18 or miss from 9.6m out directly infront do they? Fair dinkum, need to change the mascot of your club to a moron to reflect the intelligence and arrogance of your supporter base.

Pretty happy with that. We got sloppy defensively in the third when we got on top and that probably cost us the game. How Higgins didn't get a 50 at the end there I'll never know but ah well them's the breaks.

Disappointing to have to rely on other results for the home final but all things considered Brisbane probably deserved the win. We weren't far off though especially considering how poor our first half was.

Really surprised Saints didn't win this.
They play so well at the GABBA (8-5 in their last 13), King is overrated and Hayes can turn a game...
Lions are pretenders for barely beating a team that was a sure thing...

I still think it's Lions and Dees in the GF.

This isn't fantasy football, it wasn't a 10 goal win, you got a 2 goal win and had we taken our chances we could have beaten you.

No King for us either while you were full strength, King kicks his usual 3 or 4 goals and we win that game.
Whataboutism, we got the 4 points, you got donuts.

Brisbane supporters sore winners, thought they would flog us and only got across the line by a couple of goals with an armchair ride from the umpires.

You finals pretenders aren't as crash hot as you think you are, if the Saints can mix it with you I don't give you much hope against the Top 4 contenders.

Well Pies are our bunnies. Mel we easily beat at the Gabba and only lost by a point at the G after going ultra defensive. Up until that point we were carving up the Dees like a Xmas turkey. Port are very good but at the G it should be a 50/50

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the same earlier this season about Collingwood beating Melbourne at the MCG for the 7 or so games in a row but look what happened there.

Streaks always come to an end, and the best time for that to happen is in finals.
Well said. Still confident we'd be capable of keeping it going but we broke our MCG hoodoo in the semi-final last year, to prove your point even more.

Well Pies are our bunnies. Mel we easily beat at the Gabba and only lost by a point at the G after going ultra defensive. Up until that point we were carving up the Dees like a Xmas turkey. Port are very good but at the G it should be a 50/50

If you play the Pies in the GF I will be barracking for you like I did 20 years ago and in 2002, I'm not a Brisbane hater I just hate you when you play us.

If you play the Pies in the GF I will be barracking for you like I did 20 years ago and in 2002, I'm not a Brisbane hater I just hate you when you play us.
The same as 99% of Lions supporters cheered for the Saints in 2010.

Want to know what else is bad football?

Getting absolutely walloped in clearances 43-27 and inside 50s 61-38.

You aren't gonna win games of football with those kinds of stats.

Any sensible Saints fan knows that's true.

Our midfield is massively outclassed by the top teams.

Our defense is strong and our forwards are young and promising.

Back