Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 22 - Lions v Crows Sat Aug 12th 4:35pm EST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Crows by a lot

• Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Credit to Adelaide. Two wins, and four losses within a goal against the top 4 this year.

I've no hesitation in picking them as a strong finals contender next season. If they do manage to sneak in this year, they will cause serious headaches for whoever draws them.

Credit to Adelaide. Two wins, and four losses within a goal against the top 4 this year.

I've no hesitation in picking them as a strong finals contender next season. If they do manage to sneak in this year, they will cause serious headaches for whoever draws them.
Three wins - Brisbane once, Port twice.

Crows seriously unlucky again
Thought they were seriously brave considering their injuries, especially down back. Did really well in the contest and missed a few gettable shots.

Arugably should have won all things considered, says a lot about how Brisbane are tracking heading into finals but credit to the Crows who gave everything in basically their elimination final.

Thought they were seriously brave considering their injuries, especially down back. Did really well in the contest and missed a few gettable shots.

Arugably should have won all things considered, says a lot about how Brisbane are tracking heading into finals but credit to the Crows who gave everything in basically their elimination final.

Wasn't an elimination final depending on other (plausible) results. No need to spread misinformation.

Nah. You can check the Luke Jackson thread if you want to see my great work on Fremantle :blush:.
I mean, I haven't actually been in that thread (hell Id probably agree with you in parts) but that seems like a pretty sad thing to be proud about. If it gives you comfort I guess....good for you?

Decent game, cracking finish. Literally just accuracy and experience the difference in the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really flat. Absolutely disgusted seeing teams like St Kilda, Essendon, Port, Sydney ahead of us on the ladder and a chance to play finals.

Wasn't an elimination final depending on other (plausible) results. No need to spread misinformation.
Didn't mean to. You're right, still ways to make it in but it's a very hard road now.

I mean, I haven't actually been in that thread (hell Id probably agree with you in parts) but that seems like a pretty sad thing to be proud about. If it gives you comfort I guess....good for you?

Decent game, cracking finish. Literally just accuracy and experience the difference in the end.
tldr?

1,2,4,6 that is the margins in the crows losses against the top 4, 3 of them on the road.
Is that a good thing, or a bad thing?

Finishing out close games is key to being a contender. The comp is even enough at the top that you aren't generally going to dominate.

Really flat. Absolutely disgusted seeing teams like St Kilda, Essendon, Port, Sydney ahead of us on the ladder and a chance to play finals.
Yeah you guys are definitely more deserving, but chin up, it's valuable experience, no reason you can't push for top 4 next year. Will be surprised if you don't make top 8.

Overall, Port is a better side. Think you're better than the others.

Only West Coast has less wins away from home than Adelaide this season. Cost them finals. Maybe round 24 v West Coast they can finally pick up another away win.

Is that a good thing, or a bad thing?

Finishing out close games is key to being a contender. The comp is even enough at the top that you aren't generally going to dominate.
It’s a good sign, We’re competing against . Should be in the 8 based on %.

A few things to fix and we should be top 6 next year

It’s a good sign, We’re competing against . Should be in the 8 based on %.

A few things to fix and we should be top 6 next year
Next year will be interesting.

I expect North, Fremantle, Hawthorn and Gold Coast to improve significantly.

I expect Collingwood, Port, Melbourne, Brisbane Carlton and Bulldogs all be top teams

Crows need to outperform that imroving bunch in my opinion. It's going to be a tough season.

Sydney, GWS, St Kilda, Richmond

Geelong to fall

West Coast

The Crows are the anti-Collingwood in the close finish. A very small points swing would have us in the top four. So much for this world-leading fitness guru Burgess.
That's got nothing to do with Burgess or fitness, Crows need to finish their work in tight games. That's what cost.
I hope Rory Laird is reading this......

Back