Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 23 - GWS v Bombers Sat Aug 19th 4:35pm EST (GS)

Who will win and by how much?

• GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Do any Essendon players have trade currency?

Are there any who are wanting a trade?

Apart from Merrett, who is going nowhere, Wright, Draper and ???
Parish the only one right now

The question needs to be asked to the playing group in their exit interviews "are you willing to work your backsides off and sacrifce things that wins premierships or you are just happy to play footy and get paid because if that's you,you can find another club don't want you here"

The question needs to be asked to the playing group in their exit interviews "are you willing to work your backsides off and sacrifce things that wins premierships or you are just happy to play footy and get paid because if that's you,you can find another club don't want you here"
Can’t imagine Parish would be a huge loss.

you Reckon something has to give? Much the same side plays much the same game won’t cut it.

The starting point is telling the truth.
The club is totally compromised in living the lie.
Everything else is a waste of time until the club accepts and acts on this reality …
Agree, the Bombers should be an honest team by now and Scott’s appointment was all about the club moving forward and finding those willing to sacrifice. As I watched todays game I thought ……… where is this club at.
Maybe there’s shades of the Tigers in 16, I’m not sure but this group has checked out for 2023.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know Jesse Hogan has some talent but seriously 9 freaking goals?

Every year the media gets all excited over Essendon. No idea why.
Desperate to sell papers. Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon in the finals is Vic media utopia.

Bon called it when he got the job that they were a fair way off it and I think as others have said they have over achieved off the back of a soft draw. Come back in 12 months.

It’s all been looking a bit comfortable hasn’t it.

This loss to WCE could well be a catalyst - either for change & growth or a decision to stay the course & flounder.

Back